summersoff7

Bam Adebayo Season Outlook 18-19

11 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

I'm starting to think that Bam is a strong hold for ROS regardless of what happens to Whiteside.

As a Whiteside owner, I picked up Bam on Friday and have been very happy.  I really hoping that someone how, some way, Whiteside and Bam are seperated, because if both can get 30 minutes a game watch out.  My biggest fear is that Whiteside comes back, and both get stuck in the dreaded timeshare.  I feel like there's too much heat (no pun intended) between Whiteside and Spo and eventually Whiteside will be moved and Bam will start the rest of the season.  I would def advise anyone with Bam to hold on to him until there is more clarity on this whole situation.  

• Like 3

I dropped him last night because I thought whiteside would be back by Wed and i got Larry Nance instead. It's kind of odd when whitewide's return is approaching more and more owners are getting to believe Bam will hold value...maybe he'll get claimed off the waiver later in my league. Of course he's worth an add or hold when your last spot on the bench can be used for a high risk high reward guy. 

5 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

I dropped him last night because I thought whiteside would be back by Wed and i got Larry Nance instead. It's kind of odd when whitewide's return is approaching more and more owners are getting to believe Bam will hold value...maybe he'll get claimed off the waiver later in my league. Of course he's worth an add or hold when your last spot on the bench can be used for a high risk high reward guy. 

If it's the last guy on your bench, I consider it a low to moderate risk/high reward since, as I've witnessed, Bam was playing pretty damn well even in the timeshare.  And one can only assume that his minutes will be more consistent, if even a tad, moving forward.

So, is the consensus that we hold on to him and see how things shake up?????

4 hours ago, pyro7 said:

debating whether to drop bam or montrez for a ww add

There should be no debate on this one.  Get Harrell.

• Like 1

Bam will be fine ROS without Whiteside in the picture. That's a big if, but the Heat look increasing like a team that should blow it up.

Passes the eye test with flying colors. I definitely think he's worth holding if you're ahead in your league. One Whiteside injury/trade and this guy is likely top 50 ROS 

26 minutes ago, royalm said:

Passes the eye test with flying colors. I definitely think he's worth holding if you're ahead in your league. One Whiteside injury/trade and this guy is likely top 50 ROS 

Isn't the consensus that Whiteside is basically untradable?

I'm still holding firm that Bam seems to be a pretty damn fine hold regardless of whether Whiteside is traded or not.  I think he's solidified himself that much more during the 3-game win streak, and he still had more minutes than Whiteside tonight.  He doesn't need a lot of minutes to produce, so he'll be even better than he aready is if something were to go down with Whiteside.  So, yeah, I think I'm hangin' on for the time being.

I currently have Bam, Wendell and Harrell, and I find it hard to justify letting any of them go...yet.

30 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

I'm still holding firm that Bam seems to be a pretty damn fine hold regardless of whether Whiteside is traded or not.  I think he's solidified himself that much more during the 3-game win streak, and he still had more minutes than Whiteside tonight.  He doesn't need a lot of minutes to produce, so he'll be even better than he aready is if something were to go down with Whiteside.  So, yeah, I think I'm hangin' on for the time being.

I currently have Bam, Wendell and Harrell, and I find it hard to justify letting any of them go...yet.

Let go of Wendell. Anyway, I agree, Bam doesn’t need the lion’s share of minutes to produce. I’m holding so long as Hassan is a 3-quarter guy.

1 minute ago, mcflywalker said:

Let go of Wendell. Anyway, I agree, Bam doesn’t need the lion’s share of minutes to produce. I’m holding so long as Hassan is a 3-quarter guy.

Eeesh, but 'let go of Wendell for who?' is the question.  There's Batum, Saric, Zeller, Joe Harris, Olynyk available, among others.  All reasonable in their own right but seems like Wendell has so much upside on a tanking Bulls team.

1 minute ago, pyro7 said:

i have bam n harrell too. gonna drop harrell 1st. bam is too good.

I wouldn't drop Harrell just yet though.  There's so much potential and the Clips are in a bad way at the moment.  I'm going to give him a chance to string some good games together.  But yeah, with ya on Bam.

1 hour ago, Chiefdosequis said:

30 mins tonight and had 18 pts 9 reb and 5ast. I know 8 for 8 isn’t happening on a regular basis. But if he keeps getting 30 minutes is he worth an add?

He wont get 30 mins a night on a consistent basis though, unless he is traded or Whiteside gets injured/traded.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chiefdosequis said:

30 mins tonight and had 18 pts 9 reb and 5ast. I know 8 for 8 isn’t happening on a regular basis. But if he keeps getting 30 minutes is he worth an add?

If he gets 30 min? No f---king s--- lol. Problem is without Whiteside foul trouble/injury/trade/dramafest, it's hard for him to get there

• Like 1

Its like most of you guys dont watch the game. Whiteside had slight hip issues and was in foul trouble. It doesnt look like bams going to get starting minutes unless whiteside is injured or traded.

Whiteside out, so good moment for some Bam-Bam stream today.

11 pts, 10 rebs, 2 ats, 2 stls, 1 block, 50% FG

giphy.gif

• Haha 3