summersoff7

Bam Adebayo Season Outlook 18-19

24 minutes ago, Rainsford said:

Bam himself declares according to.the latest blurb  

16p / 10r /5a

I would guess 1.2s / 1.4b

I saw that too.  The funny thing is that isn't hyperbolic at all.  I think he might miss it by little, something like 15/9/4.  It's interesting that a player's own evaluation is more realistic than some fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, subliminal said:

New Horford anyone?

Without the 3PM but likely a double double (which i prefer as threes are easy to innately get)

47 minutes ago, Mikhov said:

Without the 3PM but likely a double double (which i prefer as threes are easy to innately get)

There's also a gap in FT. I mean, Bam is not a cat killer here by any means, but still far worse.

28 minutes ago, slmroz said:

There's also a gap in FT. I mean, Bam is not a cat killer here by any means, but still far worse.

Right, but Horford barely got to the line so it’s not like he was really a huge factor there. Bam actually doubled Horford’s attempts, and with more usage comes more attempts, especially since Bam is a roller and not going to be popping like Al. Will probably need a ft anchor if he doesn’t improve from there

17 minutes ago, Mikhov said:

Right, but Horford barely got to the line so it’s not like he was really a huge factor there. Bam actually doubled Horford’s attempts, and with more usage comes more attempts, especially since Bam is a roller and not going to be popping like Al. Will probably need a ft anchor if he doesn’t improve from there

Sure. The difference comes more from Bam's negative z-score (which is expected to be even lower with more attempts as you suggested) than from the Horford's positive impact.
And yes, FT anchor will be needed with Bam.

I'm definately not against the Bam's hype train, just not ready to consider them both on similar level yet 🙂

• Like 3

14 hours ago, slmroz said:

Sure. The difference comes more from Bam's negative z-score (which is expected to be even lower with more attempts as you suggested) than from the Horford's positive impact.
And yes, FT anchor will be needed with Bam.

I'm definately not against the Bam's hype train, just not ready to consider them both on similar level yet 🙂

Neither am I, not sure where I would target him either, as I tend to prioritize ft% as it’s easier to secure than fg% (I play H2H). ☺️

As for the 18-19 Horford comp, I’m not saying that Bam>=Al in real life or fantasy, point is, it’s hard to overlook how statistically similar they are outside of those two cats. (Al least season: 14/7/4/1/1.3 VS my outlook for Bam this season: 12/10/4/1/1.4) which is not the norm for big men.

He’s unique in that he projects as the middle ground between a traditional big (10:10:1+ bpg) and a defensive multicat ala Marc, Horf (4 apg + ~1 steal) who tend to be weak rebounders as they contest shots and box out, while Bam himself is not a shooter

Edited by Mikhov

I think after pre-season he will be one of those hyped players and if you want him you have to spend a 3rd/4th round pick to get him. I HATE PRE-SEASON 😤

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think Nurkic is a better comp than Horford fantasy wise considering the absence of 3's, and the slight negative in FT% on decent volume.

• Like 2

Im not convinced this guy gets 30mpg next year. Only Jrich played over 30mpg last year and winslow was close (29.7).

Could argue the depth chart all you want but im extremely skeptical when it comes to Spo. Since Spolstra became the Heat HC the only true Center to play over 30mpg is Whiteside in the 16-17 season when he was arguably their best player. Other than that it was Chris Bosh as a stretch five and even that argument gives reason to why Kelly Olynyk could prevent Bam from reaching 30mins

If you can get him at a point where there is serious upside i’ll roll the dice. I wont be boarding this hype train in the first 6-7 rounds of my draft.

Just some context and trends that may have gone unnoticed by guys like Mike Ghallager.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Im not convinced this guy gets 30mpg next year.

100% agree. It could turn with a timeshare with Olynyk, who provides spacing.

I have a problem with Bam because I play in a keeper league with some pretty complicated rules and one of them is having players as "RFAs". Which means you can match the auction price and get the player into your team. Bam is my RFA and I'm starting to say good bye to him with all that hype coming. Basically I'd prefer Whiteside to stay in Miami for a couple months more 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

I think Nurkic is a better comp than Horford fantasy wise considering the absence of 3's, and the slight negative in FT% on decent volume.

exactly

10 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

My comparison tool says that the best match (with last year's data, no projections yet) is... Cody Zeller, with Mason Plumlee being not far behind.

Edited by slmroz
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, slmroz said:

My comparison tool says that the best match (with last year's data, no projections yet) is... Cody Zeller, with Mason Plumlee being not far behind.

Zeller ended the season 83rd over the last two months of the season.  He's only 26, has room to improve, and is in a bigger role next year on a s--- team.  Where's his thread?!  Not taking anything away from Bam, I think he's a breakout candidate.  I just think it's funny how managers cling to certain guys and not others.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Zeller ended the season 83rd over the last two months of the season.  He's only 26, has room to improve, and is in a bigger role next year on a s--- team.  Where's his thread?!  Not taking anything away from Bam, I think he's a breakout candidate.  I just think it's funny how managers cling to certain guys and not others.

Damn I thought he was at least 30. He has improved his ft shooting too. If he can stay healthy he will be a value pick.

• Like 1