jnormy

Bryn Forbes 2018-19 Season Outlook

With news of the Derek White injury on top of Dejounte Murray being out, how will this guy figure into the SA backcourt mix? Kid can be a dynamic scorer, and it seems like Pops really likes him. Any chance he does enough to solidify a rotation spot going forward?

13 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

He is starting. So ride him until he falls off.

In this scenario Someone is riding him and he is riding something else? Sounds complicated...

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

He is starting. So ride him until he falls off.

Which since he's a spurs PG will be in a day or two when he gets injured.

• Haha 1

Anybody have any info on this guy other than he has the potential to be a lights-out shooter? (Pops actually loosely compared him to Steph Curry at one point, lol.) 

Does he have enough handle and feel for the game to play the point? Is he ready to take on a larger role? Makes me wonder since he wasn't Pops' first choice after Murray went down.

DeRozan can handle the ball so the "PG" doesn't need to be a traditional guard.

Suns might let go of Canaan or Shaq and the Spurs might pick them up or go for someone like Milos

52 minutes ago, chaiway said:

DeRozan can handle the ball so the "PG" doesn't need to be a traditional guard.

Suns might let go of Canaan or Shaq and the Spurs might pick them up or go for someone like Milos

Current spurs back court on defense without Dejounte and white :

turnstyle-tripod-with-access-card-500x500.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm so tempted to pick up Patrick McCaw, it's seems too obvious for not happening.

#FreeMcCaw

Edited by BbFlyEmCeE
  • Like 1

after 3 games, forbes is averaging +3 treys and around 15 ppg with a couple of rebounds/assists + a steal

worth an add in 14-team leagues?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bball961 said:

after 3 games, forbes is averaging +3 treys and around 15 ppg with a couple of rebounds/assists + a steal

worth an add in 14-team leagues?

Definitely worth an add in deeper leagues - moreso for some cheap scoring and 3s. Don't think he'll contribute much else but there is some upside.

On 10/23/2018 at 6:39 PM, t0087669 said:

is he still going to be useful once White returns? possible timeshare?

Possible, the kid can play and the more he plays, the more Pop trusts him out there. 

I think he's still going to see minutes when White returns, but probably more off-ball. Forbes is a good shooter and that should keep him on the floor. Whether he'll still put up valuable numbers, that's a wait-and-see I guess.

Does anyone have him rostered in standard leagues? He seems pretty consistent, just not spectacular.

Why this guy is under the radar in ESPN and in this forum. Consistent and solid production, but all i read here is for Isaac or Osman or even M. Robinson? White is still out for Spurs, so he have value. Picked him up and think i will not be disappointed.

Edited by montanski

On 10/27/2018 at 10:22 AM, Cozie said:

Does anyone have him rostered in standard leagues? He seems pretty consistent, just not spectacular.

Ive had this guy since the beginning of the year. Hes legit, doesnt hurt you any where and produces threes.

Especially great for punt assisters for good FG% for a guard, decent threes, and low TOs most importantly

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, montanski said:

Why this guy is under the radar in ESPN and in this forum. Consistent and solid production, but all i read here is for Isaac or Osman or even M. Robinson? White is still out for Spurs, so he have value. Picked him up and think i will not be disappointed.

Because no fantasy upside.  Pretty much 3PM, decent %s, low turnovers and nothing else.  For the time being OK for deep leagues I guess, but White will be back in a couple weeks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Because no fantasy upside.  Pretty much 3PM, decent %s, low turnovers and nothing else.  For the time being OK for deep leagues I guess, but White will be back in a couple weeks.

Just doesn't give you enough outside of points and threes.  Was ranked like 118th in standard Yahoo leagues coming into last night.  He was an easy drop for me this week, replaced him with Frank.

For reference, just picked this guy up for Augustin in my 10 team, 11-cat (Double-double and 3P%) punt assist team build. I only have 1 PG, since I traded Booker and not really necessary in punt-assists. Expecting Bryn to keep playing decent minutes, hitting treys, and adding an occasional steal. 

Over the last week, he's averaging 3.8 threes/game. That's legit. Not saying he'll keep that up, but potential for 2+ threes very cheap. And, he's great for a Spurs team who's stars aren't shooters.