Rotoworld.com Forums

Marc Gasol 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think so too.  As for the dimes imagine passing the ball to an open   Kawhi / Lowry / Powell / OG / Green / FVV or a cutting Siakam   Versus   the sad pile of players o

I'm not denying the impact of shut down. I'm saying that Gasol isn't a candidate for shut down. 

Had too much to drink and cut Marc instead of Pau did we?

Posted Images

Huge relief.

Not the best landing spot due to crowded front court, but all his games will have meaning, and like people above said, he’ll be motivated. 

There’s enough firepower in the Toronto offence to get him stats. Plus this might give them more reason to rest Kawhi and Lowry (with the news that his back will continue to give him issues), now that they have another playmaker in Gasol.

52 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

how is his outlook in toronto? I feel like its good but not great. Toronto is pretty deep and uses ibaka a lot as their big and go small ball.

Yeah I'd say good. Toronto has more depth than Memphis. But Gasol should still put up a solid 14/7 with a block and some dimes

1 hour ago, the1gq2nvy said:

how is his outlook in toronto? I feel like its good but not great. Toronto is pretty deep and uses ibaka a lot as their big and go small ball.

I am not going to predict a stat line because if you own Gasol you own Gasol, but the guy should be happy and motivated being in the best competitive opportunity of his career. Being engaged and happy should help his performance. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, the1gq2nvy said:

No way does he lose pt to ibaka. They have completely different tools

1 hour ago, yung_fetty said:

Gasol will be rejuvenated in this uptempo system. Stocks have the potential to return to early season numbers. Hella dimes incoming. That’s my personal take

I think so too.  As for the dimes imagine passing the ball to an open

Kawhi / Lowry / Powell / OG / Green / FVV or a cutting Siakam

Versus

the sad pile of players on Memphis sans Conley

• Like 4

The more I think about it, the more I love this for Gasol ROS. 

Toronto should want to integrate Gasol in to their system and allow him to build chemistry with their main guys. Watching the GMs presser, they kept stressing Gasols high iq on offsense and defence as well as his passing and shooting. All of which are shortcomings for the raps right now.

I see him getting 30ish mins with ibaka falling down to 18. Ibaka is the one to lose out unfortunately 

3 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

The more I think about it, the more I love this for Gasol ROS. 

Toronto should want to integrate Gasol in to their system and allow him to build chemistry with their main guys. Watching the GMs presser, they kept stressing Gasols high iq on offsense and defence as well as his passing and shooting. All of which are shortcomings for the raps right now.

I see him getting 30ish mins with ibaka falling down to 18. Ibaka is the one to lose out unfortunately 

I get trying to be positive but I don't see how you can love the move. He is going from option 1 a or b to option 3 on offense. I think he will still be good and I agree with others that he will be great for assists but I see less pts and rebs, stocks are entirely unpredictable.  fg% likely goes up too because many more offensive threats. Ibaka will not go down to only 18 mpg. 

4 minutes ago, richg24 said:

I get trying to be positive but I don't see how you can love the move. He is going from option 1 a or b to option 3 on offense. I think he will still be good and I agree with others that he will be great for assists but I see less pts and rebs, stocks are entirely unpredictable.  fg% likely goes up too because many more offensive threats. Ibaka will not go down to only 18 mpg. 

less points sure, better efficieny i think, similar rebounds and stocks, maybe more 3s and assists. And no shutdown risk, I like it

7 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Isn't the main reason JV was benched was because they wanted to play faster with siakam and ibaka? I don't see how this is a good thing for Gasol

Marc Gasol and JV aren't in the same realm of any type of basketball spectrum.  Marc Gasol is an allstar and massive defensive presence who can also facilitate an offense.  JV can score 3 feet from the basket.  It's worth going slower to integrate Marc Gasol.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Kriggly said:

Marc Gasol and JV aren't in the same realm of any type of basketball spectrum.  Marc Gasol is an allstar and massive defensive presence who can also facilitate an offense.  JV can score 3 feet from the basket.  It's worth going slower to integrate Marc Gasol.  

I understand that Marc Gasol is a DOP and JV is just another big man That wasn't my point though. The've been successful playing the way they do and its perfect for the players they have. Why change your whole offense for one guy in his 30s and will probably not resign in the offseason anyways

• Like 1
Just now, babyfaceassasin said:

I understand that Marc Gasol is a DOP and JV is just another big man That wasn't my point though. The've been successful playing the way they do and its perfect for the players they have. Why change your whole offense for one guy in his 30s and will probably not resign in the offseason anyways

hes got a year left after this season, why not, raptors are good

1 minute ago, L3onD said:

hes got a year left after this season, why not, raptors are good

Hes got a player option. Will he exercise it, who knows. But yes raptors are good(because they've been playing a faster pace offense which suits their current players and did not suit JV which is why he was benched so they traded him for a guy who also plays slow) and if I'm not mistaken, the grizz wants to play a little faster too that's why they got rid of gasol. but we will see how he fits I guess

6 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

What's with the hyperbole.

They don't need to "change their whole offense".  Marc Gasol has played uptempo before.  The guy has a motor if you are wondering lol.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Hes got a player option. Will he exercise it, who knows. But yes raptors are good(because they've been playing a faster pace offense which suits their current players and did not suit JV which is why he was benched so they traded him for a guy who also plays slow) and if I'm not mistaken, the grizz wants to play a little faster too that's why they got rid of gasol. but we will see how he fits I guess

Dont see why he wouldnt do that if Kawhi stays...JV is nowhere near Gasol’s level, I get Gasol is a lot slower guy but that doesnt mean his game doesnt suit them, he fits better than JV ever could...plays great defense, can shoot just as much as Ibaka, his passes to Pascal and others cutters are going to be lethal, hes going to bring a new dimension to Toronto...Memphis didnt just get rid of him (u make it sound like hes a bum a la Zaza or Muscala), they actually did him a solid for everything he did for them by sending him to Toronto to finally play some competitive ball, pretty sure he had a say in all of that seeing that he sees Memphis as his home and he cherishes the organization very much (Conley too)

Edited by L3onD
  • Like 3