Rotoworld.com Forums

Marc Gasol 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, babyfaceassasin said:

I understand that Marc Gasol is a DOP and JV is just another big man That wasn't my point though. The've been successful playing the way they do and its perfect for the players they have. Why change your whole offense for one guy in his 30s and will probably not resign in the offseason anyways

Bro just because you LOOK like a slow big white dude doesn't mean you can't play fast. Yes he's 34 but his conditioning isn't ****e, he's an NBA player (it's probably top notch lol). We saw IVICA ZUBAC thrive this year in a high paced laker offense... Marc will be fine as the starter. No way they would trade for him to be a 6th man... that'd be a waste of his defensive capabilities AND playmaking ability from the post. If you watched the Raps this year, the difficult games they had you could tell they needed one more reliable playmaker--cuz altho Pascal is a monster and has improved,he still isn't reliable in crunch time to make the right decision w/ the ball in his hands. Marc will.

• Like 1
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think so too.  As for the dimes imagine passing the ball to an open   Kawhi / Lowry / Powell / OG / Green / FVV or a cutting Siakam   Versus   the sad pile of players o

I'm not denying the impact of shut down. I'm saying that Gasol isn't a candidate for shut down. 

Had too much to drink and cut Marc instead of Pau did we?

Posted Images

I keep coming back to this forum to see if someone talks down Gasol after I traded him for Serge and Joe Harris and there is nothing that brings me comfort lol. All the talk about the Gasol and Conley situations was that Conley was the one drumming up all the interest from multiple teams while Gasol might go to Charlotte, maybe Toronto with Conley, or stay put. I don't know if anyone had their money on Gasol moving and Conley staying in Memphis. Definitely the worst trade I've made this season. If he had gone anywhere besides Toronto or Charlotte, I would've felt so relieved. I just hope Serge plays close to 25 minutes to salvage the value I hoped to get back. I traded him to the team in 10th place in my league, so I wish him and all the other current Gasol managers the best. Love him as a player, a person, and a fantasy asset

On 09/02/2019 at 12:43 AM, NoHablaIngles said:

less points sure, better efficieny i think, similar rebounds and stocks, maybe more 3s and assists. And no shutdown risk, I like it

It’s not looking good.

Ibaka 22min vs Gasol 8min

5 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

It’s not looking good.

Ibaka 22min vs Gasol 8min

I can't think of one rational reason why the Raps would trade for Gasol to only play him 10-15 min per game. Let's let him settle in a bit on his new team first before passing judgment

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Tobias Harris played 32 minutes in his first game with Philly.

And? 

Raps situation is different as they themselves said they didn't know how to play Gasol yet. Some of y'all. :lol:

Edited by HotSauce24
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, droselicious said:

That bearded dude from the starters gave a good and accurate take on the trade. He said gasol may come off the bench which would keep the balance betweem siakem and ibaka. Also, gasol could be used more against big bodies like embiid. 

Yeah I'm not buying it. You don't trade for a former DPOY and still very good defensive player like Marc Gasol to give him bench minutes. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Yeah I'm not buying it. You don't trade for a former DPOY and still very good defensive player like Marc Gasol to give him bench minutes. 

I agree that the low minutes wont become a trend. In my opinion, nurse may go with the system he had in place when JV was around - start gasol against bigger centers and ibaka against smaller ones. Plus, i think the trade was more of a macro move for the playoffs when defense and half court ball wins.

I don't think anyone should expect the same value as he had in Memphis. He was a conductor on that team. If they didn't use him the way they did, they'd probably have the worst record in the league now. Him and Conley were both top-10 in the league in touches per game. The Raptors aren't gonna run that high post screen-and-dump, 'pass it right back to the point guard after he passes it to you' crap. Kawhi is most effective playing on the ball than off, Lowry handles the rock a whole lot, and Siakam is almost a Gasol-esque player with more athleticism who can facilitate too. Ibaka just had a solid game and he's been a double-double machine lately, so I don't know how much Nurse wants to disrupt a good thing. Let's give it a couple more games and see Gasol play 24+ minutes before making predictions about how he fits with them. At least he got the great stocks numbers in 18 minutes tonight

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, L3onD said:

Ibaka can switch on the 4 spot and still get his minutes, we are def going to see two of them on the floor together for some stretches

Ibaka hasn't done well at the four spot this season. Coaching staff caught onto this early. Hence, we've been seeing him play mostly at the five even when JV was around. I'm not saying he and gasol can't or won't share time on the floor together, but he's thrived at the five spot this season

2 minutes ago, Akdelakreme said:

Isn’t Ibaka a scrub compared to Gasol? I’m sure Gasol will get 30 mins soon to get him ready for playoffs within the Raptors system. 

Neither Gasol nor Ibaka are scrubs, neither now nor earlier in their career.  They're both in the twilight of their careers though so I imagine they're about equal.

On 2/8/2019 at 9:31 PM, babyfaceassasin said:

Hes got a player option. Will he exercise it, who knows. But yes raptors are good(because they've been playing a faster pace offense which suits their current players and did not suit JV which is why he was benched so they traded him for a guy who also plays slow) and if I'm not mistaken, the grizz wants to play a little faster too that's why they got rid of gasol. but we will see how he fits I guess

Gasol will absolutely exercise his player option... nobody else is going to pay him $25m/year.

15 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Gasol will absolutely exercise his player option... nobody else is going to pay him $25m/year.

Yea, dude is 34.  He would be insane to not want 25 mil and to stay on a team that can go to the finals.

• Like 1