Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 7

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 7

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 7 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

2 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

Help with mine? Sit one of the following in a standard league:

Matt Breida vs LAR
Philip Lindsay @ ARI
Golden Tate @ MIA
Tyler Boyd @ KC
Calvin Ridley vs NYG

Snead, Gore, Browns.
I'm going to go with Snead because of the matchup. Hopefully Flacco and put some points up against that NO offense. I do like Goodwin, but with Beathard at QB going up against that LAR defense I think that's a tough play.
Gore's usage has been. Allen hasn't produced much all season (aside from the odd TD).
Ravens have a tough matchup against NO. I see Winston throwing a few INTs to the Browns.

Snead, Kearse, Hines, Smallwood, Cole
I wouldn't expect much from any of them, but Snead has the best potential based on the matchup and his usage.

Tyrell and Ito.
Don't like the matchup for Kearse, even though his role will increase with Enunwa out. Not a fan of the JAX offense, so I'll go with the RB2 on a strong ATL offense.

Luck.
He's the most reliable of the 3. 

Keenum. Great matchup against ARI.

I think I'd have to go Sony given he's been given a ton of usage and he plays on a much better offense. But both are really good options. Do you really have to sit one?

I would probably sit Ridley in this one, Hooper is getting the ball more and more especially in the redzone. Yes sanu may sit this week but I still think this could be atlantas game from the start and running the ball will be their best bet.

Ingram for sure out of those options. This start/sit thread is pretty much the assistant coach forum. Kind of a dumb idea lol

2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

I need a flex this week full ppr:

Mark Ingram, Breida, Coleman, Goodwin, Taylor Gabriel? Was thinking Ingram would have the higher upside but more of a risk facing the Ravens D. Opinions?

Just now, Zekepeak86 said:

Ingram for sure out of those options. This start/sit thread is pretty much the assistant coach forum. Kind of a dumb idea lol

lol hey I appreciate the help though. I am a bit nervous about the saints because the gamescript could see Kamara more than Ingram, but I have kamara and zeke as my 1/2 this week so I just wanted another option in case the game doesnt go Ingrams way

3 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

lol hey I appreciate the help though. I am a bit nervous about the saints because the gamescript could see Kamara more than Ingram, but I have kamara and zeke as my 1/2 this week so I just wanted another option in case the game doesnt go Ingrams way

Coleman. Even tho smith has ate into his touches and tds so far, he is a solid play. I always love prime time games and can watch my guys. Giants turnover and cant get the ball moving enough the falcons should be able to put up some points. Also, the giants give up passes to rb too a bit so coleman should see some of that action.

49ers on a short week against the rams im not thrilled about many of their options due to time and opponent.

Ingram and kamara worked perfectly together last year. Yes the ravens D has been good against the run but who have they played with a great team let along great backs? An aging mccoy? lindsay and freeman with denver? Connor at pitt is viable. Derek henry and lewis? Mixon/bernard at cincy. I think its a much different game playing the saints.

I have ingram and he would be in my flex but cooks against SF to me seems too good.

12 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Coleman. Even tho smith has ate into his touches and tds so far, he is a solid play. I always love prime time games and can watch my guys. Giants turnover and cant get the ball moving enough the falcons should be able to put up some points. Also, the giants give up passes to rb too a bit so coleman should see some of that action.

49ers on a short week against the rams im not thrilled about many of their options due to time and opponent.

Ingram and kamara worked perfectly together last year. Yes the ravens D has been good against the run but who have they played with a great team let along great backs? An aging mccoy? lindsay and freeman with denver? Connor at pitt is viable. Derek henry and lewis? Mixon/bernard at cincy. I think its a much different game playing the saints.

I have ingram and he would be in my flex but cooks against SF to me seems too good.

One more question for you, Trubitsky or Stafford this week? Im having to stream a QB with Rodgers on Bye

11 hours ago, Aurelios said:

Need help with QB decision this week, pick one. 

Winston, Luck or Trubisky? 

Winston easily

1 hour ago, Jeremy Shockey said:

0.5 PPR Flex spot?

Smallwood vs CAR

Ito vs NYG

C. Davis vs LAC

Coutee @ Jax

I’d go with Ito to score a TD or two. 

Kirk or Callaway at flex??

loving Callaway targets and potential against TB.  Kirk #1 tho?

whir

I keep looking at this, so...

pick two of these three for a full-point PPR...

-Ito Smith vs Giants

-Corey Clement at Panthers

-Dede Westbrook vs Texans

1 hour ago, Tghetty said:

whir

Kirk ... I don't trust Callaway's hands.

Winston vs Cle

OR

Dalton @ KC

Having a tough time deciding. Matchup and a prime time game I can watch with dalton who should have to throw the ball a ton against KC but it’s in arrowhead.

winston playing a decent defense but always throws and also prone to turnovers but has a ton of weapons?

im leaning dalton.

Matt Breida vs LAR
Philip Lindsay @ ARI
Golden Tate @ MIA
Tyler Boyd @ KC
Calvin Ridley vs NYG

19 hours ago, mongidig said:

Jarrod Goff against SF

or 

Winston against the Browns?

Goff. Better QB, offense, and matchup.

18 hours ago, whatisfootball said:

Need a TE this week:

Ebron vs Bills

Olsen vs Eagles 

Engram vs Falcons

Hooper vs Giants

Standard

I think you've got to keep rolling with Ebron until either Doyle returns or he cools off a bit.

18 hours ago, FrancoJavierM said:

WRs, start 3, min 1 WR, 1 RB

Kenny G @ Miami

Sanders @ Arizona

Josh Gordon @ Chicago 

Drake vs Detroit

Barber vs Cleveland

Ito Smith vs New York Giants

WR - Sanders. The volume is there and the matchup is good.
RB - I guess Drake. I don't think Ito's volume is high enough to consider over these other 2, and even though Barber should continue to get the larger load he's been highly ineffective with his opportunities. Drake hasn't been a stud either, but I think he's the one I'd roll with.
Flex - Kenny G. Beats the other RB and so far still the better play than J. Gordon.

17 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

I need a flex this week full ppr:

Mark Ingram, Breida, Coleman, Goodwin, Taylor Gabriel? Was thinking Ingram would have the higher upside but more of a risk facing the Ravens D. Opinions?

Ingram by a mile. Always start your studs. I read your other posts and if I had to choose a #2 it would be Coleman. But honestly the fact you have Kamara is even more of a reason to start Ingram. At least one of them is likely going to have a big night. A little more security in case that ends up being Ingram over Kamara like last week.

16 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

One more question for you, Trubitsky or Stafford this week? Im having to stream a QB with Rodgers on Bye

Stafford's the safe play. So I think I'd go with him. But if you wanted to go with Trubisky I have no issue with that. Good matchup against NE and has been great in his last couple of games, but I still don't think he has quite the same playmaking ability as Stafford and is a little more susceptible to turnovers.

17 hours ago, Juke said:

Austin Hooper vs NYG

or

OJ Howard vs CLE

Half PPR

Hooper. Good matchup, good offense, and he's seeing some looks.

16 hours ago, Jeremy Shockey said:

0.5 PPR Flex spot?

Smallwood vs CAR

Ito vs NYG

C. Davis vs LAC

Coutee @ Jax

I'd go Ito here. Davis is hard to trust right and and Coutee took a step back and still shares targets with Nuk and Fuller. Plus both don't have great matchups. I think Ito flourish's more in the ATL offense against NYG than Smallwood does.

4 hours ago, Jags02 said:

I keep looking at this, so... pick two of these three for a full-point PPR...

-Ito Smith vs Giants

-Corey Clement at Panthers

-Dede Westbrook vs Texans

I'd go Clement. See above, but I think Clement's workload will be much larger this week.

6 hours ago, Tghetty said:

I'd go Kirk. I'm really not high on either one, but Kirk's volume seems to be better. There are a lot of guys I'd play over either one though.

1 hour ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Winston vs Cle

OR

Dalton @ KC

Dalton. Safer bet and should be a high-scoring game (like most KC games).

Indy D or Denver D?

* Indy D -- Anderson at QB. Indy at home as 6.5 point favorites. Indy actually is 3rd in QB sacks so they create pressure and turnovers. Young defense. Anderson a wild card.

or

* Denver D @AZ -- Absolutely horrendous vs the run, but can DJ take advantage? AZ not with much firepower but at home and Rosen looks decent/not terrible and does have weapons in DJ, Kirk, Fitzgerald.

I need upside. Like higher potential for turnovers and defensive TDs.

Which?

Thanks

12 team... PPR league

Need help on last FLEX... who would you start?

Julian Edelman @Chi

Sony Michel @Chi
Tevin Coleman vs. NYG
Tarik Cohen vs. NE
Royce Freeman @ Ari

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

Matt Breida vs LAR
Philip Lindsay @ ARI
Golden Tate @ MIA
Tyler Boyd @ KC
Calvin Ridley vs NYG

Sit Ridley or Lindsay. Thanks for mine

plz pick a flex:

mack buffalo

snead vs NO

AP vs Dallas

Marvin Jones @ Miami

1 hour ago, Idoolittle said:

Matt Breida vs LAR
Philip Lindsay @ ARI
Golden Tate @ MIA
Tyler Boyd @ KC
Calvin Ridley vs NYG

I like Tyler Boyd against KC since this should be a high scoring affair. Ridley would be my next choice but after a bit of an injury, id wait see how it plays out. Thanks for the help on mine.

12 team 0.5 PPR
Choose 1 RB and 1 FLEX

RB: C. Hyde, M. Mack

WR: C. Davis, K. Coutee, C. Kirk

Need to decide if rolling with Kirk tonight would be a good option or not

Thanks in advance guys!

All 1pt ppr & need 1 flex in 3 different leagues:

#1: Can pick up Snead or roll with either C Godwin or R Freeman, who I already have on my team?

#2: C Godwin, D Cook, or R Freeman (all are on my team)?

#3: Breida, R Freeman, Snead, Gabriel, C Godwin? 

WHIR!!  Thanks!

44 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

12 team 0.5 PPR
Choose 1 RB and 1 FLEX

RB: C. Hyde, M. Mack

WR: C. Davis, K. Coutee, C. Kirk

Need to decide if rolling with Kirk tonight would be a good option or not

Thanks in advance guys!

I like Hyde & Kirk this week. Good luck!

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/728754-nfl-startsit-thread-2018-week-7/?do=findComment&comment=8180002

2 hours ago, UMFLADFWM said:

12 team... PPR league

Need help on last FLEX... who would you start?

Julian Edelman @Chi

Sony Michel @Chi
Tevin Coleman vs. NYG
Tarik Cohen vs. NE
Royce Freeman @ Ari

Thanks!

Dang, those are very good options!! With Mack out, I like Michel, but if you want a better ppr guy, I would roll with Edelman. I also think Cohen comes into play, as CHI is going to need to throw to stay in the game. Good luck!

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/728754-nfl-startsit-thread-2018-week-7/?do=findComment&comment=8180002

2 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:
3 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

Matt Breida vs LAR
Philip Lindsay @ ARI
Golden Tate @ MIA
Tyler Boyd @ KC
Calvin Ridley vs NYG

I like Tyler Boyd against KC since this should be a high scoring affair. Ridley would be my next choice but after a bit of an injury, id wait see how it plays out. Thanks for the help on mine.

Thanks, but I'm actually trying to figure out which one of these guys to sit. I.e. Start 4 out of the 5. 

1 hour ago, DarinB300 said:

All 1pt ppr & need 1 flex in 3 different leagues:

#1: Can pick up Snead or roll with either C Godwin or R Freeman, who I already have on my team?

#2: C Godwin, D Cook, or R Freeman (all are on my team)?

#3: Breida, R Freeman, Snead, Gabriel, C Godwin? 

WHIR!!  Thanks!

#1 - Roll with Freeman against a crappy Ari run D

#2 - Once again Freeman

#3 - Gabriel or Freeman