Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 7

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 7

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 7 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

3 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

Thanks, but I'm actually trying to figure out which one of these guys to sit. I.e. Start 4 out of the 5. 

ahhh, reading helps esp when you underline it lol. my bad

Ridley is tough because its a monday night game and if you plug him in, you better have another option. With that said Id probably sit him. If sat comes and he is going to play and your comfortable with the possibility of a "pitch count" or reduced roll since atl should take care of the giants, id prob sit tate/breida. Lindsay has a good play againt ari and so does boyd. Its a close call but id go with breida. Rams dont do anything defensively over spectacular but they do keep points off the board. Tate may have a better scoring chance and miami ranks 24th in passing yards allowed per game.

12 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

ahhh, reading helps esp when you underline it lol. my bad

Ridley is tough because its a monday night game and if you plug him in, you better have another option. With that said Id probably sit him. If sat comes and he is going to play and your comfortable with the possibility of a "pitch count" or reduced roll since atl should take care of the giants, id prob sit tate/breida. Lindsay has a good play againt ari and so does boyd. Its a close call but id go with breida. Rams dont do anything defensively over spectacular but they do keep points off the board. Tate may have a better scoring chance and miami ranks 24th in passing yards allowed per game.

Haha, no worries. I do that all the time. I'm bad for missing a word or two... especially when I'm writing a reply. Thanks for your help!

30 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

#1 - Roll with Freeman against a crappy Ari run D

#2 - Once again Freeman

#3 - Gabriel or Freeman

Think this could be a breakout game for Freeman?

40 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

Thanks, but I'm actually trying to figure out which one of these guys to sit. I.e. Start 4 out of the 5. 

Would consider sitting Ridley, dealing with an injury. Or possibly Breida, but the guy has been pretty decent this year & LAR has given up some rush yards recently. Good luck!

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/728754-nfl-startsit-thread-2018-week-7/?do=findComment&comment=8180002

RE: SOME TEXANS

In the past 6 weeks, Houston has:

-limited NE rushers to 147 yards and 1 score (65 of those yards were in the air; James White finished with 15fp in ppr).

-kept TEN under 100 yards and no scores.

-allowed Barkley 17 rushes for 82 yards and a touchdown, 5 receptions for 35 yards. 23fp

-allowed Hines to catch 9 of 11 targets for 63 yards and two TDs, with only 4 runs for 10 yards. 28fp

-only allowed Elliot to go for 54 yds on 20 carries; he also caught 7 of 7 passes for 30 yds. 16fp

-only allowed McCoy 16/73 and 3/5(21 yds). 12fp

Wondering how this bodes for Yeldon? He's averaging 16.5 fp (15 fp  in the 4 games without Fournette) in my ppr league and is my lead back this week.

Also wonder if Hopkins is likely to produce, coming off his worst week of the season,  with QBs having so much trouble vs JAGS.

This is how Jacksonville's opposing QBs have fared:

Eli  8 fantasy points, TB12 16 pts, Mariota 9 pts, Darnold 11 pts, Mahomes 18 pts, Dak 30 pts

I'm benching Watson in my 12 team based on matchup and lack of any o-line.

Per Next Gen Stats, Deshaun Watson this season: 

Most sacked QB (25)

Most QB hits taken (63), 16 more than the next QB (Matt Ryan)

4th-most pressured QB (81) 

1 hour ago, DarinB300 said:

Think this could be a breakout game for Freeman?

I think if you can start him with confidence any week this season, it will be against Arizona

Antonio Brown's bye week.

W/R/T flex spot. Tentatively going with Kirk tonight. I have a pending trade that will go thru Sunday which brings me Mark Ingram, but I don't like him vs. Ravens.

Pick a TE, Flex, and RB2:

QB:       Mahomes

WR:      Tate

WR:      Golladay

RB:       McCaffrey

RB:       Ito Smith

TE:       Engram

Flex:    Kirk

K:         Zuerlein

D:        Jags

Bench: Wentz, Ingram, ABrown (bye), Trey Burton

15 minutes ago, HandSchaub said:

W/R/T flex spot. Tentatively going with Kirk tonight. I have a pending trade that will go thru Sunday which brings me Mark Ingram, but I don't like him vs. Ravens.

I like Kirk, Engram, & if not sold on Ingram vs BAL, I like going with Ito & hope he gets more GL carries. Good luck!

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/728754-nfl-startsit-thread-2018-week-7/?do=findComment&comment=8180002

What’s Up Guys! I have a few questions! 

- Should I trade Gronk for Edelman and OJ Howard? 

- Should I start Desean Jackson, Matt Brieda or Taylor Gabriel at flex? 

- Should I trade Gronk and Lindsay for Kareem Hunt? 

Need your opinions!!!

The Gronk trade is risky cuz he could be get hurt, id say hold onto OJ and edelman for another week, Gronks trade value should go down. At flex id play breida hes the  one out of the three that is most consistent and easy to trust, should put up btw 10-15pts.

I need to choose btw playing Engram or Rudolph? Thoughts 

29 minutes ago, Yammz said:

The Gronk trade is risky cuz he could be get hurt, id say hold onto OJ and edelman for another week, Gronks trade value should go down. At flex id play breida hes the  one out of the three that is most consistent and easy to trust, should put up btw 10-15pts.

I have Gronk lol. Gronks on my team. What should I do? Start Rudolph! 

Help with mine? Sit one of the following in a standard league:

Matt Breida vs LAR
Philip Lindsay @ ARI
Golden Tate @ MIA
Tyler Boyd @ KC
Calvin Ridley vs NYG

10 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Indy D or Denver D?

Denver. I get the concern about their ability to defend against the run game, but I'm thinking this could be a big sack night for Von Miller and the Broncos.

10 hours ago, UMFLADFWM said:

12 team... PPR league

Need help on last FLEX... who would you start?

Julian Edelman @Chi

Sony Michel @Chi
Tevin Coleman vs. NYG
Tarik Cohen vs. NE
Royce Freeman @ Ari

Sony Michel. He's a RB2 bordering on RB1. Definitely needs to be in your lineup.

10 hours ago, RUGOO said:

mack buffalo

snead vs NO

AP vs Dallas

Marvin Jones @ Miami

AP. Simply the best fantasy player of the group.

8 hours ago, jpark211 said:

12 team 0.5 PPR
Choose 1 RB and 1 FLEX
RB: C. Hyde, M. Mack

WR: C. Davis, K. Coutee, C. Kirk

Hyde and Mack. I really don't like any of your WR with their matchups this week.

8 hours ago, DarinB300 said:

All 1pt ppr & need 1 flex in 3 different leagues:

#1: Can pick up Snead or roll with either C Godwin or R Freeman, who I already have on my team?

#2: C Godwin, D Cook, or R Freeman (all are on my team)?

#3: Breida, R Freeman, Snead, Gabriel, C Godwin? 

WHIR!!  Thanks!

1. I don't hate going with Royce this week seeing as Denver still continues to give him decent touches even though Lindsay has been outperforming him every week and the matchup is good. But I'd be leaning Godwin. I don't think there's much of a difference between him and Snead, so I'd just go with what you've got.
2. Wait until Sunday. Go with Cook is he's in, if not Godwin.
3. Breida. Not the best matchup, but the best fantasy player of the group.

6 hours ago, luckBbrady said:

RE: SOME TEXANS

In the past 6 weeks, Houston has:

Wondering how this bodes for Yeldon? He's averaging 16.5 fp (15 fp  in the 4 games without Fournette) in my ppr league and is my lead back this week.

Also wonder if Hopkins is likely to produce, coming off his worst week of the season,  with QBs having so much trouble vs JAGS.

This is how Jacksonville's opposing QBs have fared:

Eli  8 fantasy points, TB12 16 pts, Mariota 9 pts, Darnold 11 pts, Mahomes 18 pts, Dak 30 pts

I'm benching Watson in my 12 team based on matchup and lack of any o-line.

This discussion is probably better suited for this thread.
http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/696819-houston-texans-2018-outlook/?tab=comments#comment-7772832

Matt Breida vs LAR
Philip Lindsay @ ARI
Golden Tate @ MIA
Tyler Boyd @ KC
Calvin Ridley vs NYG

11 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Indy D or Denver D?

Denver. I get the concern about their ability to defend against the run game, but I'm thinking this could be a big sack night for Von Miller and the Broncos.

10 hours ago, UMFLADFWM said:

12 team... PPR league

Need help on last FLEX... who would you start?

Julian Edelman @Chi

Sony Michel @Chi
Tevin Coleman vs. NYG
Tarik Cohen vs. NE
Royce Freeman @ Ari

Sony Michel. He's a RB2 bordering on RB1. Definitely needs to be in your lineup.

10 hours ago, RUGOO said:

mack buffalo

snead vs NO

AP vs Dallas

Marvin Jones @ Miami

AP. Simply the best fantasy player of the group.

9 hours ago, jpark211 said:

12 team 0.5 PPR
Choose 1 RB and 1 FLEX
RB: C. Hyde, M. Mack

WR: C. Davis, K. Coutee, C. Kirk

Hyde and Mack. I really don't like any of your WR with their matchups this week.

8 hours ago, DarinB300 said:

All 1pt ppr & need 1 flex in 3 different leagues:

#1: Can pick up Snead or roll with either C Godwin or R Freeman, who I already have on my team?

#2: C Godwin, D Cook, or R Freeman (all are on my team)?

#3: Breida, R Freeman, Snead, Gabriel, C Godwin? 

WHIR!!  Thanks!

1. I don't hate going with Royce this week seeing as Denver still continues to give him decent touches even though Lindsay has been outperforming him every week and the matchup is good. But I'd be leaning Godwin. I don't think there's much of a difference between him and Snead, so I'd just go with what you've got.
2. Wait until Sunday. Go with Cook is he's in, if not Godwin.
3. Breida. Not the best matchup, but the best fantasy player of the group.

11 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

Matt Breida vs LAR
Philip Lindsay @ ARI
Golden Tate @ MIA
Tyler Boyd @ KC
Calvin Ridley vs NYG

I think I’d sit Ridley there 

I don't know wtf is going on with this thread, but I've tried to answer a few of these questions already and it either hasn't posted or it posted my answers to different questions twice. Gonna try one more time and if doesn't work, sorry but not going to try again.

Matt Breida vs LAR
Philip Lindsay @ ARI
Golden Tate @ MIA
Tyler Boyd @ KC
Calvin Ridley vs NYG

5 hours ago, HandSchaub said:

I wouldn't even consider starting Kirk over Ingram. Ingram's a RB1/RB2.

4 hours ago, Dboy94 said:

What’s Up Guys! I have a few questions! 

- Should I trade Gronk for Edelman and OJ Howard? 

- Should I start Desean Jackson, Matt Brieda or Taylor Gabriel at flex? 

- Should I trade Gronk and Lindsay for Kareem Hunt? 

Need your opinions!!!

Do the Gronk trade for Hunt, and I'd go Breida.

4 hours ago, Yammz said:

Engram has a higher ceiling, Rudolph has a higher floor. Depends what you're looking for.

3 hours ago, TT215 said:

Start E Sanders or J Gordon in Full Pt PPR?

Sanders. Safer PPR play and good matchup.

8 minutes ago, FANattic86 said:

Need 2 Flex spots, 0.5ppr

Kearse vs Min

Snead vs NO

Callaway vs TB

Ridley vs NYG

Ridley is he's healthy. If not Snead.

5 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

Okay still need 1 more for Flex lol Kearse? Callaway?

1 minute ago, FANattic86 said:

Okay still need 1 more for Flex lol Kearse? Callaway?

Oh sorry. So both Ridley and Snead. But if Ridley can't go I'd go Kearse.

36 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

I don't know wtf is going on with this thread, but I've tried to answer a few of these questions already and it either hasn't posted or it posted my answers to different questions twice. Gonna try one more time and if doesn't work, sorry but not going to try again.

Matt Breida vs LAR
Philip Lindsay @ ARI
Golden Tate @ MIA
Tyler Boyd @ KC
Calvin Ridley vs NYG

I wouldn't even consider starting Kirk over Ingram. Ingram's a RB1/RB2.

Do the Gronk trade for Hunt, and I'd go Breida.

Engram has a higher ceiling, Rudolph has a higher floor. Depends what you're looking for.

Sanders. Safer PPR play and good matchup.

But he’s playing the rams. Bad match up. Desean could go off against the Browns...

5 minutes ago, Dboy94 said:

But he’s playing the rams. Bad match up. Desean could go off against the Browns...

Yeah sorry I had a more in-depth explanation, but I was having posting issues where I lost all my responses. So when I re-did my responses I ended up going quickly through a few of them so I could get it posted before TNF.

Of the 3, I'm torn between DJax and Breida. DJax has the better matchup and has been producing well this season. But I just don't have a ton of confidence in that TB offense. Their run game hasn't been good which has forced them to throw the ball quite a bit, and if Cleveland is ready for it that could be trouble for Winston who has been known to throw his fair share of picks. Breida on the other hand has put consistent production for most of the year. Including last week where he was playing in a game he probably shouldn't have played in. Even though it's a tough matchup, I think he'll still be given plenty of opportunity to produce. So that's why I'm leaning towards Breida. But I really have no issue with going with DJax either given his recent success.

4 hours ago, FANattic86 said:

Need 2 Flex spots, 0.5ppr

Kearse vs Min

Snead vs NO

Callaway vs TB

Ridley vs NYG

You have to pick two from this bunch? Ouch?

Go with Snead for starters. He's consistent and will get his.

After that you need to closely monitor Ridley to see if he's good to go, but be ready to pick someone else.

Despite all his speed, I just don't trust Callaway, but you never know if he gets that one huge catch.

With Kearse you should get plenty of targets and catches which add up even though they're typically short on nowhere near the end zone. Personally I'm more comfortable with that over taking a flyer on Callaway.

5 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

John brown or Taylor gabriel 

I like Brown to go off for at least one big catch against the Saints. I’d be shocked if he didn’t score a TD. Gabriel isn’t a bad play either but I would go with Brown. 

Hey all, couple questions this week:

1. Crabtree or Gabriel or Dede Westbrook for WR2?

2. Gabriel, Tarik Cohen, Latavius Murray (cook is out), or Breida for flex?

thx. Leaning Gabriel and Cohen but that’s a lot of faith to put in the bears.