tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 7

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 7

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 7 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

Could use some help here. And just tag me and I’ll return the favor.

QB: Dalton

WR: K Allen

WR: Start John Brown or TY Hilton?

RB: DJ (it was awful to watch lol)

RB: Mixon

TE: RSJ (bad stream choice)

FLEX: Start Ingram or Kerryon?

Others: Ito, Marvin Jones, Luck

1 hour ago, BitingWit said:

Hey all, couple questions this week:

1. Crabtree or Gabriel or Dede Westbrook for WR2?

2. Gabriel, Tarik Cohen, Latavius Murray (cook is out), or Breida for flex?

thx. Leaning Gabriel and Cohen but that’s a lot of faith to put in the bears. 

Crabtree for WR2.

Latavius with Cook ruled out.

11 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

John brown or Taylor gabriel 

John Brown.

4 minutes ago, csv2209 said:

TY. Luck's guy is back.

Flex I would actually start Kerryon over Ingram because Riddick is out - we all no Blount ain't gonna get any catches. Ravens also a tough matchup on the ground.

47 minutes ago, alexander1231 said:

Need to pick 2 RB's for the week:

options are Yeldon, AP, and Latavius Murray (standard scoring)

WHIR.

Hmm. Not the best of choices, but for this week I would probably pick Yeldon and AP, because they have the best workload shares.  None of these guys have a very forgiving matchup, but Cook looks to be healthy, which means Murray will begin to digress back to the plodder role that is supposed to have

2 minutes ago, csv2209 said:

Hmm. Not the best of choices, but for this week I would probably pick Yeldon and AP, because they have the best workload shares.  None of these guys have a very forgiving matchup, but Cook looks to be healthy, which means Murray will begin to digress back to the plodder role that is supposed to have

Dalvin was declared out for the week lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csv2209 said:

I would do John Brown and Kerryon.

Good luck.

11 minutes ago, Juke said:

Chubb @ TB

or

McCoy @ IND

Half PPR

I actually have these two same guys.

I was going to start McCoy but wasn't thrilled. Hyde news broke and now I have Chubb, who I will be starting.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Who should I flex? .5 ppr 

Njoku

Drake

Duke Johnson 

My gut has tells me Njoku with the matchup and he has been trending up the last couple weeks but Drake and Duke are in pretty good spots as well and are actually projected more. 

Pick 2 RB's  0.5 PPR WHIR 

Chris Thompson vs DAL

Mark Ingram @ BAL

Latavius Murray @ NYJ

Tevin Coleman vs NYG

Pick 1 FLEX 0.5 PPR 

Julian Edelman  @ CHI 

Nick Chubb @ TB

Edited by jaysfansince2015

Hi. Im in the situation where I have to start two of the following. I have no idea how to decide though. Please help?

Lat Murray

Tarik Cohen

Frank Gore

Kenyan Drake

Edited by mbt07

6 hours ago, mbt07 said:

Hi. Im in the situation where I have to start two of the following. I have no idea how to decide though. Please help?

Lat Murray

Tarik Cohen

Frank Gore

Kenyan Drake

Murray and Cohen. Cook is out again making Murray a strong play. Cohen has killed it his last two games and no reason to think that will change this week against New England. The bears will need to keep up which means plenty of spread formations and passes to Cohen. 

9 hours ago, jaysfansince2015 said:

Chris Thompson vs DAL

Mark Ingram @ BAL

Latavius Murray @ NYJ

Tevin Coleman vs NYG

Pick 1 FLEX 0.5 PPR 

Julian Edelman  @ CHI 

Nick Chubb @ TB

Ingram and Murray. Baltimore is strong against the pass so Ingram will get his carries, like last game. Cook is out once again so I think Murray is a strong option. They figure to be playing with the lead most of the game. 

You’ve gotta start Chubb. If he gets the 15-20 carries he should, there’s a lot of big play potential. 

• Thanks 1

One of my biggest conundrums of the moment: whether or not to start Ito Smith vs NYG and Penny Barber vs CLE... instead of Yeldon vs HOU. Seemed a whole lot clearer yesterday. 

14-team PPR (it's brutal).

RB2: Adrian Peterson or Peyton Barber?

Flex: Marvin Jones or Tre'Quan Smith?

Help with mine? Start three (Sit two) of the following in a standard league:

Matt Breida vs LAR
Golden Tate @ MIA
Tyler Boyd @ KC
Calvin Ridley vs NYG
*Nick Chubb @ TB - Put in waiver claim (#3 priority) to be processed Sunday morning. Only an option if I get him.

On 10/19/2018 at 7:14 AM, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

John brown or Taylor gabriel 

John Brown. I think last week was a fluke and should see more targets in a juicy matchup against NO.

17 hours ago, BitingWit said:

1. Crabtree or Gabriel or Dede Westbrook for WR2?

2. Gabriel, Tarik Cohen, Latavius Murray (cook is out), or Breida for flex?

1. Crabtree. Gabriel's value has come off chunk plays, which makes him a higher risk/reward player. I think Crabtree's volume continues to be high in a great matchup against NO.
2. I'm good with going with Cohen here. He's performed well against getting more looks. Better matchup than Breida this week, and see comments above about Gabriel.

16 hours ago, csv2209 said:

QB - Dalton. I do like Luck this week, but the CIN/KC matchup should be high scoring.
WR - I'd go TY. I think Luck's starting to come on a bit, and although I do like Brown against NO this week I feel TY is the safer play even though he's going up against Tre'Davious.
Flex - Ingram. RB1/2 and should be treated as such until he shows us he's not. Even in a tough matchup against BAL, he's a must start.

16 hours ago, alexander1231 said:

Need to pick 2 RB's for the week. Options are Yeldon, AP, and Latavius Murray (standard scoring)

AP and Yeldon. Hyde won't be a factor this week as he won't be able to learn the playbook in a day, so Yeldon should be good to go. AP is much more reliable than Murray, assuming he's good to go.

15 hours ago, Juke said:

Chubb @ TB or McCoy @ IND. Half PPR

Wow that's tough. Chubb should now be the lead mack with Hyde out of the picutre. And I'm liking that CLE offense with Mayfield at the helm and think they could put up big points against the TB defense. But Duke will probably be more involved on the passing players, so I'm thinking McCoy's receptions will likely be higher. McCoy will also have a heavy workload himself with a decent matchup. I'm going to lean Chubb because I think his odds at getting a TD are higher, but really can't go wrong.

11 hours ago, tcorb22 said:

Who should I flex? .5 ppr 

Njoku

Drake

Duke Johnson 

Definitely not Njoku. Never start a TE not named Gronk, Kelce, or Ertz over decent WR/RB options. I'd be going Duke now that Hyde is out of the picture. I think Chubb will still get most of the workload, but Duke's still their passing back and should see decent touches.

11 hours ago, Gideon said:

Which defense?

Colts vs Buffalo

Texans @Jax

I'd go Houston. I don't like that Jacksonville offense at all. JJ Watt should have a good night.

11 hours ago, jaysfansince2015 said:

Chris Thompson vs DAL

Mark Ingram @ BAL

Latavius Murray @ NYJ

Tevin Coleman vs NYG

Pick 1 FLEX 0.5 PPR 

Julian Edelman  @ CHI 

Nick Chubb @ TB

1. Ingram and Coleman. Ingram is a high-end RB that should be started even with the bad matchup and Coleman is the lead back with Freeman out for the season and has a great matchup against the Giants.
2. Chubb. With Hyde out, he should get a heavy workload.

11 hours ago, HarambeLives said:

Anybody care to take a shot at top streaming QBs for the week?

I'm assuming some of these guys might be available.
1. Dalton
2. Prescott
3. Trubisky
4. Flacco
5. Mayfield

8 hours ago, mbt07 said:

Lat Murray

Tarik Cohen

Frank Gore

Kenyan Drake

Murray and Cohen. Murray should get a heavy workload and Cohen has been performing well. I have no issue at all with skipping out on that MIA RB situation.

1 hour ago, UMFLADFWM said:

Plz pick my last FLEX (1 pt PPR)

Michel @Chi

Edelman @Chi

TColeman vs. NYG

Chubb @ TB

Cohen vs. NE

Michel. He's arguable a RB1. On another level right now than all these other guys.

52 minutes ago, luckBbrady said:

One of my biggest conundrums of the moment: whether or not to start Ito Smith vs NYG and Penny Barber vs CLE... instead of Yeldon vs HOU. Seemed a whole lot clearer yesterday. 

Start Yeldon. Hyde just got traded to JAX, which means he has to learn a completely new offense. I'm not even sure if he'll play this week, and if he does he likely won't be involved much. Yeldon should still be the clear back this week.

@Zuko I'd go AP over Barber. Just much more reliable. I'd also go Marvin Jones over Tre'Quan. Tre'Quan had one big play last week, but that's a loaded offense. Not sure where his targets are going to come from given all the other options.

Edited by Idoolittle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Idoolittle said:

Matt Breida vs LAR
Golden Tate @ MIA
Tyler Boyd @ KC
Calvin Ridley vs NYG
*Nick Chubb @ TB - Put in waiver claim (#3 priority) to be processed Sunday morning. Only an option if I get him.

John Brown. I think last week was a fluke and should see more targets in a juicy matchup against NO.

1. Crabtree. Gabriel's value has come off chunk plays, which makes him a higher risk/reward player. I think Crabtree's volume continues to be high in a great matchup against NO.
2. I'm good with going with Cohen here. He's performed well against getting more looks. Better matchup than Breida this week, and see comments above about Gabriel.

QB - Dalton. I do like Luck this week, but the CIN/KC matchup should be high scoring.
WR - I'd go TY. I think Luck's starting to come on a bit, and although I do like Brown against NO this week I feel TY is the safer play even though he's going up against Tre'Davious.
Flex - Ingram. RB1/2 and should be treated as such until he shows us he's not. Even in a tough matchup against BAL, he's a must start.

AP and Yeldon. Hyde won't be a factor this week as he won't be able to learn the playbook in a day, so Yeldon should be good to go. AP is much more reliable than Murray, assuming he's good to go.

Wow that's tough. Chubb should now be the lead mack with Hyde out of the picutre. And I'm liking that CLE offense with Mayfield at the helm and think they could put up big points against the TB defense. But Duke will probably be more involved on the passing players, so I'm thinking McCoy's receptions will likely be higher. McCoy will also have a heavy workload himself with a decent matchup. I'm going to lean Chubb because I think his odds at getting a TD are higher, but really can't go wrong.

Definitely not Njoku. Never start a TE not named Gronk, Kelce, or Ertz over decent WR/RB options. I'd be going Duke now that Hyde is out of the picture. I think Chubb will still get most of the workload, but Duke's still their passing back and should see decent touches.

I'd go Houston. I don't like that Jacksonville offense at all. JJ Watt should have a good night.

1. Ingram and Coleman. Ingram is a high-end RB that should be started even with the bad matchup and Coleman is the lead back with Freeman out for the season and has a great matchup against the Giants.

1. Dalton
2. Prescott
3. Trubisky
4. Flacco
5. Mayfield

Murray and Cohen. Murray should get a heavy workload and Cohen has been performing well. I have no issue at all with skipping out on that MIA RB situation.

Michel. He's arguable a RB1. On another level right now than all these other guys.

Start Yeldon. Hyde just got traded to JAX, which means he has to learn a completely new offense. I'm not even sure if he'll play this week, and if he does he likely won't be involved much. Yeldon should still be the clear back this week.

@Zuko I'd go AP over Barber. Just much more reliable. I'd also go Marvin Jones over Tre'Quan. Tre'Quan had one big play last week, but that's a loaded offense. Not sure where his targets are going to come from given all the other options.

I'm going with Tate , Breida and Boyd .  Thanks for the help on mine !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Idoolittle said:

Matt Breida vs LAR
Golden Tate @ MIA
Tyler Boyd @ KC
Calvin Ridley vs NYG

1. Dalton
2. Prescott
3. Trubisky
4. Flacco
5. Mayfield

Boyd, Tate and Breida, though a case could be made for Chubb if you get him. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

Matt Breida vs LAR
Golden Tate @ MIA
Tyler Boyd @ KC
Calvin Ridley vs NYG
*Nick Chubb @ TB - Put in waiver claim (#3 priority) to be processed Sunday morning. Only an option if I get him

Thanks for help on mine.

I think I go Boyd, Breida and Tate on this one. Boyd has established himself as a nice overall WR play, getting good volume and scoring TDs.  KC is hoping to be a score fest.  SF is still committed to their RBs, and Breida has good burst. As long as they aren’t running up the gut, and using him in space, points will be had. MIA’s strength is their secondary, but I like Tate being able to get a couple of those slants inside and run with them

• Thanks 1