tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 7

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 7


This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 7 of the 2018 NFL season.


Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

Standard scoring

 

Start 2 

 

Edelman 

Josh Gordon 

Golladay

Calvin Ridley

Tre’Quan Smith

 

WhiR

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

Help with mine? Start three (Sit two) of the following in a standard league:

Matt Breida vs LAR
Golden Tate @ MIA
Tyler Boyd @ KC
Calvin Ridley vs NYG
*Nick Chubb @ TB - Put in waiver claim (#3 priority) to be processed Sunday morning. Only an option if I get him.

 

@Zuko

I'd definitely go with Boyd and Tate anyway. Breida would be my pick from your current players although, I'd probably start Chubb instead of Breida if you get him. Great matchup for Chubb this week.

 

Relating to the Chubb scenario, should I start Duke Johnson or Tarik Cohen this week in my final flex spot? Full PPR 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shortnphat said:

Standard scoring

 

Start 2 

 

Edelman 

Josh Gordon 

Golladay

Calvin Ridley

Tre’Quan Smith

 

WhiR

 

 

Edelman and Galloday for me. Gordon might be better by season end but Edelman is safer for now I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 PPR

 


Calvin Ridley vs Giants on Monday

OR

CJ Uzomah vs KC

 

 

Andrew Luck vs Buffalo

OR

Mitchell Trubisky vs NE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CookiesOmNom said:

I'd definitely go with Boyd and Tate anyway. Breida would be my pick from your current players although, I'd probably start Chubb instead of Breida if you get him. Great matchup for Chubb this week.

 

Relating to the Chubb scenario, should I start Duke Johnson or Tarik Cohen this week in my final flex spot? Full PPR 


I'd go with Cohen. Seems to be gaining traction in that CHI offense and he's performed well in his opportunities. I expect both to be used similarly, I just think Cohen is the better RB.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, blacryan said:

1 PPR

 


Calvin Ridley vs Giants on Monday

OR

CJ Uzomah vs KC

 

 

Andrew Luck vs Buffalo

OR

Mitchell Trubisky vs NE

Ridley in the first but it's a coin toss in the second. Leaning towards Trubisky but it's close, Luck should do well also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan Howard or Kenyon Drake this week?

 

joho May be possibly scripted out of this game playing from behind.

 

drake is limited touches due to Adam gase hating him. May be able to break one in the pass game although.

 

.5ppr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.5ppr, need to start 2 of these:

 

Ridley vs NYG (cleared to play)

Callaway vs TB 

A. Miller vs NE

Kearse vs MIN

Snead vs NO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Standard league

 

Struggling with flex, and rb:

 

Golladay (against Miami) or M Thomas (against Baltimore) @ flex

and cohen(patriots), McCoy(Indianapolis), and clement (Carolina) as rb2

Edited by KN033118

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HarambeLives said:

Pick one please: 

 

Dak at WSH

Or

Alex Smith at DAL 

 

Go to waiver wire and look for a replacement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FANattic86 said:

.5ppr, need to start 2 of these:

 

Ridley vs NYG (cleared to play)

Callaway vs TB 

A. Miller vs NE

Kearse vs MIN

Snead vs NO

Ridley. Snead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Go to waiver wire and look for a replacement 

 

That is the replacement, Rodgers is on BYE. There’s only Beathard, Bortles, Carr, Flacco, Prescott, Smith, Darnold. Not a lot of talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

 

That is the replacement, Rodgers is on BYE. There’s only Beathard, Bortles, Carr, Flacco, Prescott, Smith, Darnold. Not a lot of talent. 

Flacco, beathard, dak, Smith would be my rank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who should I start at flex (PPR)?

 

Duke Johnson at TB

Marlon Mack vs. Buf

Mohamed Sanu vs. NYG

Corey Davis at LAC

Jermaine Kearse vs Min

Willie Snead vs NO

 

And in case Melvin Gordon doesn't play, I need one RB and a flex from that list!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Standard scoring - Flex one

 

Jarvis Landry

Lamar Miller

Marlon Mack

Chubb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Standard league

 

Struggling with flex, and rb:

 

Golladay (against Miami) or M Thomas (against Baltimore) @ flex

and cohen(patriots), McCoy(Indianapolis), and clement (Carolina) as rb2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, KN033118 said:

Standard league

 

Struggling with flex, and rb:

 

Golladay (against Miami) or M Thomas (against Baltimore) @ flex

and cohen(patriots), McCoy(Indianapolis), and clement (Carolina) as rb2

 

How do you not start Thomas? I like McCoy against Indy. Clement isn't a bad option either. But Indy is giving up 30+ pts/game and DA is an upgrade at QB for the Bills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot decide who to start. My team is a little stacked. Please send any help/insight my way. Thank you in advance!

 

 

.5 PPR

 

WR:

Thomas v BALTIMORE
Golladay v MIAMI
Gordon v CHICAGO

Godwin v CLEVELAND

Baldwin (bye)

 

RB:
Gordon v TENNESSEE 

Michel v CHICAGO

Ingram v BALTIMORE

Chubb v TAMPA BAY

McCoy v INDY

 

2 RB

2WR

1 FLEX

 

EDIT: forgot to mention my opponent already scored 25pts with manny sanders

Edited by THE_MAGIC_MAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Madheat88 said:

Who should I start at flex (PPR)?

 

Duke Johnson at TB

Marlon Mack vs. Buf

Mohamed Sanu vs. NYG

Corey Davis at LAC

Jermaine Kearse vs Min

Willie Snead vs NO

 

And in case Melvin Gordon doesn't play, I need one RB and a flex from that list!

Any thoughts? I'm having a hard time with this decision and I really appreciate it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, devaster said:

 

 

How do you not start Thomas? I like McCoy against Indy. Clement isn't a bad option either. But Indy is giving up 30+ pts/game and DA is an upgrade at QB for the Bills.

Reluctant due to lack of production before bye and now tough defense. I expected Cohen to really get involved in the pass game this week because we know Brady is gonna throw the ball and score a bunch. Thanks for the help.

Edited by KN033118

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Madheat88 said:

Any thoughts? I'm having a hard time with this decision and I really appreciate it 

I would start Marlon Mack from this group. It shouldn’t be a game where the Colts are trailing all day and the run is abandoned. He’s the safest bet of your choices and none of the other guys are high upside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Start Chubb or Duke Johnson in PPR??

That's tight. Probably Chubb tbh but I think Duke will do well this week. I have him and he's causing me a headache.

 

With the news that MGordon might be out this week (I have an alarm set to check last minute), I need to pick 2 from the following list for my flex spots (we play 2 flex)

 

Josh Gordon @ CHI (Gronk not playing)

Tarik Cohen v NE

Duke Johnson @ TB

Jordon Howard v NE

Godwin v CLE

Coutee @ JAX

 

I've ranked them how I would (top to bottom) and currently have JG and Cohen in my line up. Are these the best two from this group for this week? I'm not chasing a high ceiling week, basically looking for the safest floors from my flex spots. Full PPR. Thanks for the last minute help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.