12 team .5 ppr redraft

1-5 team trades

David Johnson

Kenyan Drake

for

James White

Austin Ekeler ( he doesn't own Gordon)

to 4-2 team

This is the most lopsided trade I have ever seen so need you guys to calm me down

Maybe it's just me... I don't know which side I'd even favor.

My league is full point PPR... but their current points are:

DJ 88
Drake 60

----

White 108

Ekler 77

In name recognition, DJ/Drake stand out... but they have both been frustrating to their owners.

JWhite is in a great situation now... considering there aren't 50 other RBs in NE to split time with.

• Like 2

Not a veto at all.  Only collusion is a jealous owner trying to veto a valid trade.

• Like 4

Ranks of players in .5 PPR

David Johnson - 10

Kenyan Drake -  26

James White - 8

Austin Ekeler - 16

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, UMFLADFWM said:

Maybe it's just me... I don't know which side I'd even favor.

My league is full point PPR... but their current points are:

DJ 88
Drake 60

----

White 108

Ekler 77

In name recognition, DJ/Drake stand out... but they have both been frustrating to their owners.

JWhite is in a great situation now... considering there aren't 50 other RBs in NE to split time with.

Exactly. 6 weeks into the season you can throw ADP out the window.

• Like 1

Drake has been pretty useless so far as Frank Gore appears to be the preferred back in Miami. DJ has been good but nowhere near the first rounder he was picked to be. As someone who has DJ if I were offered this trade I’d seriously consider it. I might have rejected it but in no way shape or form is it lopsided.  White is a beast and should continue to be one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

How long have you been playing? Not really lopsided at all.

So a 1st round pick for an 8th rounder and ww pickup is ok because combined they outscored the 1st rounder six games into the season? What happened to this site?!?!

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

So a 1st round pick for an 8th rounder and ww pickup is ok because combined they outscored the 1st rounder six games into the season? What happened to this site?!?!

Where a player was picked or when they were picked up doesn't matter. We are into Week 7 of the season.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Why would you still care about draft capital at this point? That’s crazy. Derick Henry and Dion Lewis were both drafted before Sony Michel and James White so per your logic I would rather have the Titans RB combo over the Patriots combo?  We are in week 7. It’s past time to think about where you drafted a player and time to start looking at what the players have actually done and what you believe they will do from here on out. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Where a player was picked or when they were picked up doesn't matter. We are into Week 7 of the season.

James White is doing nothing new and Sonny Michel is getting better. If the stats are close, don't you go with the 1st round pedigree three down back over the scatback? Statistically, Johnson can only get better now that their offense is starting to gel. You can't just look at points or ADP in these situations

2 minutes ago, GreatScott! said:

Why would you still care about draft capital at this point? That’s crazy. Derick Henry and Dion Lewis were both drafted before Sony Michel and James White so per your logic I would rather have the Titans RB combo over the Patriots combo?  We are in week 7. It’s past time to think about where you drafted a player and time to start looking at what the players have actually done and what you believe they will do from here on out. 

I'm saying if the points are close like Johnson and White...you should always go for the #1 overall pick in most drafts

8 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Going into week 7... who would you rather own?? 
DJohnson or JWhite?

8 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

At this point in the season, draft position is completely irrelevant.  And if you think this is a lopsided trade, you either overvalue big names or haven't been paying attention this year.  I'd rather have White than DJ at this point.  I think I'd still rather have Drake, but Eckler is pretty darn close in value. 

• Like 1

David Johnson will win fantasy championships now that their offense isn't in shambles like the first few weeks

James White is doing nothing new and Sonny Michel is getting better. If the stats are close, don't you go with the 1st round pedigree three down back over the scatback? Statistically, Johnson can only get better now that their offense is starting to gel. You can't just look at points or ADP in these situations

It sounds like your mind is made up. Everyone here so far has told you the trade is fine. This scenario is an example of why I hate leagues where teams get to veto. Your logic in thinking this is lopsided is flawed but you appear stuck on the names involved. 

• Like 1

David Johnson will win fantasy championships now that their offense isn't in shambles like the first few weeks

But the 2-4 owner prop. can't wait till week 10 for DJ start doing that.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I'm saying if the points are close like Johnson and White...you should always go for the #1 overall pick in most drafts

That's flawed logic. You go with the guy you think will score more points from here on out. Again, as a DJ owner I would have rejected the trade but I would have thought about it. It’s not lopsided and certainly not a trade that should be vetoed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreatScott! said:

It sounds like your mind is made up. Everyone here so far has told you the trade is fine. This scenario is an example of why I hate leagues where teams get to veto. Your logic in thinking this is lopsided is flawed but you appear stuck on the names involved. 

I thank you and others for commenting...not going to veto as I am the commish. Just like to hear all sides before making any decisions. Definitely not a trade I would do ( which is why I am 6-0 )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

But you are looking at ADP.  I would look at upside and who I would rather have... that would be White.

Anything he gains rushing is a bonus... he's their top targeted player (also leading team in receptions)

• Like 1

Seriously quit looking at draft captial.  It has no bearing.

James White is a team captain and a huge part of the offense, that isnt changing.  

And Drake sucks.  

I'd rather have the white/Ekeler side of the deal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

But the 2-4 owner prop. can't wait till week 10 for DJ start doing that.

1-5 so I guess I should at least give him points for trying to get better

The deal looks fine for both parties involved, let it go through. 

• Like 1

Is Arizona scoring a lot? I don't know maybe I missed where DJ is in a good situation? James White getting dump offs and passes from Tom Brady seems pretty good. Plus he gets a few rushing yards. I'd rather have James White. I'm not a fortune teller. I can only go by what I see. James White is the real deal and will continue to be throughout the season. DJ might get better, who knows. I know James White has a way better floor than DJ.