Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nlm

Jeff Heuerman 2018 Outlook

Jake Butt's out, and this guy is in.

Again, figured he deserved a thread. TE is a barren wasteland. He has 3 receptions tonight. Anything to see here besides a cheap DFS play?

Assuming Heuerman plays most or all offensive snaps, he is startable when bye weeks kick in. With the focus of defenses clearly on their WR group, odds are Heuerman will have some space to work with.

Could be that sleeper TE that comes out of no where. Gary Barnidge 2.0? Last man standing in an offence where the QB likes to throw to his TE

I got both Sanders and DT, extremely disappointed in the targets to this TE.

1 minute ago, Bo Hackson said:

Jeff Heuerman? More like Jeff He-Man! Am I right???!!!!

Sharpest Jawline in the NFL!

No idea why the other thread was closed but this guy deserves a discussion. He's always ranked in the Rotoworld TE rankings as a TE2 or TE3. Definitely a streaming option for bye weeks or leagues that start 2 TE's like mine. 

He's gets a fair amount of targets, averaging about 5 per game, but doesn't do much with them, averaging only about 22 yards per game on about 3 receptions.  

Thoughts on the Broncos starting TE?

The outlook is not good, he doesn’t get good position to catch the ball. It seems like it a near interception whenever they throw to him. Way better options imo.

19 minutes ago, Krambone said:

The outlook is not good, he doesn’t get good position to catch the ball. It seems like it a near interception whenever they throw to him. Way better options imo.

He gets a good number of targets per game so he's involved in the offence.  Maybe in shallow leagues there's better options, but in deeper leagues, he's definitely on the radar. 

[Sorry for the multiple thread confusion here. Carry on.]

Just now, tonycpsu said:

[Sorry for the multiple thread confusion here. Carry on.]

Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

This guy looks legit, 11 targets??? 

He looked good doing it too. Had a boss stiff arm on one of his first catches.

I'd like some more insights on this dude. Seems like a flukey game, but still he was a huge part of the new offense without Thomas for one game. I haven't watched a Denver game this season though and never heard of him. 

12 hours ago, cnewbykkn said:

Anyone else going after this guy tonight?

Hes a good stash for Reed owners, the people who missed out on the Howards and Ebrons.

5 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Hes a good stash for Reed owners, the people who missed out on the Howards and Ebrons.

I have Kittle and with a bye looming, figured I'd give him a shot.

I thought I read he was lining up outside. Is that true? Is he an underrated receiver? Can he take some of Thomas' targets?

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, cnewbykkn said:

I have Kittle and with a bye looming, figured I'd give him a shot.

Yup. Nice pick up now before next week's wire. Kittle, Njoku and Gronk also out next week, although it's not a great matchup for Heuerman, and the Gronk owner presumably has someone else as backup by now.

On 11/7/2018 at 9:57 AM, heavy312 said:

I thought I read he was lining up outside. Is that true? Is he an underrated receiver? Can he take some of Thomas' targets?

Is this true?

1 hour ago, gimme the ball said:

Is this true?

It is.  He's this years Gary Barnidge.  

6 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Yup. Nice pick up now before next week's wire. Kittle, Njoku and Gronk also out next week, although it's not a great matchup for Heuerman, and the Gronk owner presumably has someone else as backup by now.

I was looking at the matchup, too, very tough against tight ends.  Might have to look for somebody with an easier matchup. 

1 hour ago, Tugginroot said:

I was looking at the matchup, too, very tough against tight ends.  Might have to look for somebody with an easier matchup. 

Heuerman is matchup proof.