pjbyrne707

Justin Jackson 2018 Outlook

Kind of mentioned earlier but if Gordon and Ekeler are both out, I really dont see JJ being a bellcow at all. Theyll give Newsome his share too. I mean, a 60% share is still good enough RB2 numbers in this matchup though

Just now, Broncos132 said:

Kind of mentioned earlier but if Gordon and Ekeler are both out, I really dont see JJ being a bellcow at all. Theyll give Newsome his share too. I mean, a 60% share is still good enough RB2 numbers in this matchup though

Based on what?

Even if Newsome gets a healthy share, JJ will get the majority of touches. Which wouldn't be the case for JJ with either Gordon or Ekeler active.

2 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

dunno 'bout that ... MGIII has missed 3 games thus far, and the Bolts went bellcow in 2 (vs Titans, vs Bangles) ... Ekeler dominated in both of those, then split in the other one (vs Stillers) because he was so ineffective. 

my feeling is if Jackson gets the starting gig this week, and shines out with his early opportunities, it will be a 75/25 in favor of JJ.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Based on what?

I just dont see them having JJ in a bellcow role. I'm surprised he didnt get the ball more last game either. Just a guess on my end 

8 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

Nothing is certain when you are forced to go this deep into depth chart hence possible RB2 with plenty of room for some upside. Jackson has at least shown some flashes and although he seems a little slender to handle a massive workload he looks to have a 3 down skill set which provides reasons for optimism. He is certainly a bit of a gamble but I imagine you wouldn't be considering him if you already had sure things. 

1 minute ago, Jaw1 said:

Nothing is certain when you are forced to go this deep into depth chart hence possible RB2 with plenty of room for some upside. Jackson has at least shown some flashes and although he seems a little slender to handle a massive workload he looks to have a 3 down skill set which provides reasons for optimism. He is certainly a bit of a gamble but I imagine you wouldn't be considering him if you already had sure things. 

I have him cuffed to MG3, just tempering my expectations a bit. I really do hope he gets the majority of carries

If MG3 and Ekeler are out, bottom line is you're playing JJ given the matchup. 

Edited by trilly
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Jackson projected 15 pts this weekend via ESPN 

itll lower tomm after MG's practice.

• Like 2

As someone who has shares of Gordon and Justin Jackson, the former playing in what could be a limited snap count role is the worst case scenario since it undercuts the value of both players. Apparently the team and Gordon learned nothing from his last injury.

• Like 1

Eh, that's revisionist history.  His MCL injury was bad luck/fluky, it certainly had nothing to do with his hamstring.

I do share the sentiment as someone who also holds Gordon and JJ, but we'll just have to see come Thurs.

19 minutes ago, trilly said:

Eh, that's revisionist history.  His MCL injury was bad luck/fluky, it certainly had nothing to do with his hamstring.

Never said it did nor did I revise history in any way. I'm just saying what basically every other logical person is saying. We can call the last injury fluky all we want but doing anything physical - like say a football game where you get continuously crushed by big guys - at clearly less than 100% health increases your odds of getting hurt. Whether it's a re-aggravation or just getting hurt elsewhere.

Of course, yes, I am speaking from a place of annoyance/bias as someone who would have preferred Gordon just sit. I would have felt comfortable starting Jackson this week then Gordon next week if I survived. Now I don't know that I can feel safe with either this week.

Edited by ESquared

26 minutes ago, ESquared said:

Never said it did nor did I revise history in any way. I'm just saying what basically every other logical person is saying. We can call the last injury fluky all we want but doing anything physical - like say a football game where you get continuously crushed by big guys - at clearly less than 100% health increases your odds of getting hurt. Whether it's a re-aggravation or just getting hurt elsewhere.

Of course, yes, I am speaking from a place of annoyance/bias as someone who would have preferred Gordon just sit. I would have felt comfortable starting Jackson this week then Gordon next week if I survived. Now I don't know that I can feel safe with either this week.

Looks like Gordon's gonna play. I'm holding on bench until I hear Gordon is out.

Melvin shelved I like JJ,  I’m fairly certain MG does not play

I think we all agree that if Gordon misses Thursday's game, Jackson is a low-end RB1. If Gordon plays then Jackson is regulated to the bench.

57 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

I think we all agree that if Gordon misses Thursday's game, Jackson is a low-end RB1. If Gordon plays then Jackson is regulated to the bench.

If Gordon misses where are people ranking him this week? Does anyone think he’s a top 10-15 play? I have Fournette for an example and idk if I could start him over Fournette.