pjbyrne707

Justin Jackson 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Gurley and Lindsay that's why. Have to decide who to flex 

ahhhh, yes.  

well, JJ it is.  

• Like 1

How does JJ stack up  against a WR like Woods?

Woods seems to have the higher floor, but JJ has the higher ceiling.

Not a ton of highlights to watch, though JJ did look good 2 weeks ago.

Just now, FooserX said:

How does JJ stack up  against a WR like Woods?

Woods seems to have the higher floor, but JJ has the higher ceiling.

Not a ton of highlights to watch, though JJ did look good 2 weeks ago.

Tough to say I guess....But I'd lean toward JJ.  

JJ is just looking much more appealing this week with Ekeler out of the picture.....And of course if Gordon is inactive.  Really have to think he'll probably carry the load and see 15 or so carries along with a handful of receptions.

I have no idea how productive he can be with his touches but that SD offense has been very friendly toward RB's and I can't imagine the Chiefs going into the game focusing on stopping Justin Freaking Jackson.  One has to think they'll look to play safe and not let Rivers, Allen and the Williams boys easily beating them.

Should be a lot of soft, inviting boxes to run into.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Fun fact - Gordon & Ekeler had a combined 44.20 fantasy points in week 1 vs KC (0.5 PPR).

That fact is quite fun

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, tts42572 said:

Tough to say I guess....But I'd lean toward JJ.  

JJ is just looking much more appealing this week with Ekeler out of the picture.....And of course if Gordon is inactive.  Really have to think he'll probably carry the load and see 15 or so carries along with a handful of receptions.

I have no idea how productive he can be with his touches but that SD offense has been very friendly toward RB's and I can't imagine the Chiefs going into the game focusing on stopping Justin Freaking Jackson.  One has to think they'll look to play safe and not let Rivers, Allen and the Williams boys easily beating them.

Should be a lot of soft, inviting boxes to run into.

That’s what I’m thinking, the Chiefs will let LA try to beat them with the run, and sell out to stop Rivers (unfortunately I have Rivers in addition to JJ, so I’ll get screwed one way or another).  The major hurdle I can’t get over in starting JJ is if the Chiefs race out to a big lead, JJ may become obsolete....but then again, there’s dump offs for PPR...

Crap, I have no idea if I even know what the hell I’m talking about anymore, having to decipher the KC, LAC, and Pitt RB situations for my team has turned  my brain into mush.  Besides, the Fantasy Football gods will do what they want anyway!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't really start him in PPR over Lamar Miller in the playoffs can I? I know  I'm gonna be  at by screen  tonight Ilike so.... tempting....must.... fight....impluse

Just now, soccerphysio said:

That’s what I’m thinking, the Chiefs will let LA try to beat them with the run, and sell out to stop Rivers (unfortunately I have Rivers in addition to JJ, so I’ll get screwed one way or another).  The major hurdle I can’t get over in starting JJ is if the Chiefs race out to a big lead, JJ may become obsolete....but then again, there’s dump offs for PPR...

Crap, I have no idea if I even know what the hell I’m talking about anymore, having to decipher the KC, LAC, and Pitt RB situations for my team has turned  my brain into mush.  Besides, the Fantasy Football gods will do what they want anyway!

LMAO....In the exact same boat.  Gordon and Conner carried my team all year in one league and now I'm starting Jackson and Samuels in my fantasy semi-finals....Who could've ever predicted that those 2 guys would be in somebody's lineup at all this year....much less fantasy playoffs.

I feel the same. At the start of the season, I never thought I'd be struggling to pick between David Johnson and Justin Jackson, and feeling more compelled to go with Justin Jackson...

Edited by Daltanian
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Fun fact - Gordon & Ekeler had a combined 44.20 fantasy points in week 1 vs KC (0.5 PPR).

Eric Berry returns tonight ... that's gonna be a yuuuuuuge spark in front of that home crowd - let's hope the Bolts bring the A game, though Reid has had Phil's number for quite awhile. 

Just now, Daltanian said:

At the start of the season, I never thought I'd be struggling to pick between David Johnson and Justin Jackson, and feeling more compelled to go with Justin Jackson...

Do it

5 minutes ago, soccerphysio said:

Make no mistake - Rivers will do damage against this secondary tonight whether they sell out to stop him or not. Even with Berry back this is still a questionable secondary. And would not be surprised to see a JJ receiving TD tonight so you can double up on point. LOVE those 10 points plays...

• Like 2

I hope the chargers Can score so Mahomes can keep slinging TDs 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

We need a reaction that is a mouth watering.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, patsspytech said:

If Gordon out, I’ll be playing JJ over Dalvin Cook in a .5 ppr and living to regret it.

I've got that same decision.

I'm leaning toward Cook...But mostly because I'm already playing Jackson in my other league and don't want him to take down my ship in two leagues.

I feel like Cook probably has the best spot he's had all year.

Really a coin flip though and should be a good week for both guys.

13 minutes ago, devaster said:

Never let the hype die. Even after completely derailing.

The hype did derail last week--because the Chargers CS made the curious decision to drain Ekeler to the dregs.  Now Ekeler is not even traveling with the team.  And with this morning's strong indication that Melvin Gordon will be inactive?  I think it's pretty safe to crank the hype train back up.

Will somebody tech-savvier than I post the video of Jackson's brilliant TD run in the 4th quarter against the Steelers?

Edited by SharkSwimmer

Running is going to be a big part of the Chargers' game plan for multiple reasons: Chiefs are awful at stopping it, they're road dogs and will benefit from shortening the game, and the blueprint to stopping KC is controlling time of possession (see: Ravens last week even though they lost).

Running game is dictated so much by o-line performance rather than the player.  Sure there will be a drop off but in the range of 10-20%, it's very different from when a QB is missing and it torches the entire offense.  JJ is going to be fine and I'd bet on an RB1 finish.

Edited by trilly
  • Like 1

They only thing I’m skeptical on is JJ was suppose to be more involved last week and hardly did anything. He only had 7 carries for 12 yards and 2 catches for 23 yards. I would be shocked if he put up 15 fantasy points

Ekeler is definitely out, and Gordon is most likely out or severely limited.  I don't see a case where Jackson doesn't get almost all the volume.  Touches won't be the issue, it's really a question of what does he do with the touches and how many good redzone looks does he get.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JrsKars said:

They only thing I’m skeptical on is JJ was suppose to be more involved last week and hardly did anything. He only had 7 carries for 12 yards and 2 catches for 23 yards. I would be shocked if he put up 15 fantasy points

They utilized MG’s back up in Ekeler, and he’s out for this game.  Using Ekeler almost exclusively last week indicates they prefer to go with one primary back, which should be JJ this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1