pjbyrne707

Justin Jackson 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

At this point of the season, just pick him up over a player you think is a solid flex but won't win you anything in the FF playoffs. A solid flex with a good matchup can always be found on the WW, even in the most competitive 12 team leagues. Justin Jackson can be a RB2 in standard leagues because Ekeler is more of a receiving threat and not a between-the-tackles guy, regardless of coach speak.

 

You never know with MCL injures how long they take to heal. Classifying it as a grade 2 sprain implies that it's not just a minor sprain that you come back from after 2 weeks of rest. Especially not at the RB position. Gordon has a history of knee issues too. The Chargers have a 2 game lead in the wildcard race and could rest Gordon for the playoffs under the right circumstances, or if his knee is just not feeling right. Gordon will almost certainly be out against the Steelers and Bengals, and then they play the Chiefs in week 15 ealier on TNF, which doesn't help his odds to return. Of course they could push him for this divisional matchup, but that would be just 2.5 weeks of rest. At that point, should he not be ready in 2.5 weeks against the Chiefs, and depending on the playoff picture, they might want to play it very conservative with Gordon.

 

Justin Jackson has an opportunity on a great offense in the latter part of the season, where such opportunities usually don't come along on the WW very often.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, frog34 said:

At this point of the season, just pick him up over a player you think is a solid flex but won't win you anything in the FF playoffs. A solid flex with a good matchup can always be found on the WW, even in the most competitive 12 team leagues. Justin Jackson can be a RB2 in standard leagues because Ekeler is more of a receiving threat and not a between-the-tackles guy, regardless of coach speak.

 

You never know with MCL injures how long they take to heal. Classifying it as a grade 2 sprain implies that it's not just a minor sprain that you come back from after 2 weeks of rest. Especially not at the RB position. Gordon has a history of knee issues too. The Chargers have a 2 game lead in the wildcard race and could rest Gordon for the playoffs under the right circumstances, or if his knee is just not feeling right. Gordon will almost certainly be out against the Steelers and Bengals, and then they play the Chiefs in week 15 ealier on TNF, which doesn't help his odds to return. Of course they could push him for this divisional matchup, but that would be just 2.5 weeks of rest. At that point, should he not be ready in 2.5 weeks against the Chiefs, and depending on the playoff picture, they might want to play it very conservative with Gordon.

 

Justin Jackson has an opportunity on a great offense in the latter part of the season, where such opportunities usually don't come along on the WW very often.

 

100% agree with all of is. At this point in the season, it's worth a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's 100% worth a try, I just can't see a team this late in the season handing it over to a guy who essentially hasn't played a snap over a guy who knows the offense inside and out, has played a lot, and has been reasonably productive even with Gordon healthy. I'm not saying he has no chance to produce, but I'd expect significantly better production from Ekeler.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you can take him on the odd chance that ekeler’s role doesn’t change and Justin Jackson supplements Gordon’s role. Could happen. I think they realize that ekeler is most productive as the secondary back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this dude is just a taller and lighter scatback than Ekeler...and people own him why?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

So this dude is just a taller and lighter scatback than Ekeler...and people own him why?

 

To piss you off.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cnewbykkn said:

 

To piss you off.

 

 

Triggered!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

So this dude is just a taller and lighter scatback than Ekeler...and people own him why?

 

Could turn out to be the Philip Lindsay when he hits the field, you never know.  If you got a roster spot of someone who you know the value of and will never start, just take a lottery flier on guys like these.  It's nothing new

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kdko said:

 

Could turn out to be the Philip Lindsay when he hits the field, you never know.  If you got a roster spot of someone who you know the value of and will never start, just take a lottery flier on guys like these.  It's nothing new

I get that but nobody here is hyping him which is no fun. I want some hype up in here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didnt look too bad on his 7 carries. I had a low end flex option worth dropping, I'll take this lotto ticket, worth a shot in this offense.

Edited by Broncos132

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm honestly perplexed by a few fantasy experts who are pumping this guy. I honestly think it is because Ekeler is widely owned, so they can't pimp him on their waiver wire articles to get clicks. Only solution is to pump the "unknown" situation, where they can also say "ah ha! told you!" in the remote chance they are actually right. Thought I promise they won't admit it when they are wrong. 

 

One narrative I've seen, is that Jackson got most of the work once Gordon went down. Oh really, just like how Geno Smith also got most of the work when Gordon went down? Does that mean we should be picking up Geno, or does that mean that backups came in because the game was thoroughly in hand? I think I'll lean the latter. 

 

Ekelar has also been good.... GOOD. PFF has him ranked the #1 RB with at least 100 touches. He has been outstanding in his role, which includes running & catching. 

 

Jackson is the same size as Ekeler, so I don't think there is anything of note about an "early down" role. Ekeler has also been great at breaking & avoiding tackles, so yeah, I'm pretty sure he will do fine in short yardage. 

 

IMO Jackson will have a complementary role, and will probably be in line for 4-8 touches. Ekeler will basically be a bellcow (15-20 touches) for fantasy purposes over the next few weeks. 

Edited by jccouger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jccouger said:

Ekelar has also been good.... GOOD. PFF has him ranked the #1 RB with at least 200 touches. He has been outstanding in his role, which includes running & catching. 

 

But... Ekeler only has 102 touches. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mjb03003 said:

 

But... Ekeler only has 102 touches. 

 

Sorry, meant to type 100! Good catch though. 

Edited by jccouger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's Ekeler's moment to shine. The offense is going to be different without Gordon. If Ekeler can sustain productivity in the offense, whatever that looks like, he will maintain the lead role. Otherwise JJ is going to get a chance to show what he can do. I'm going to claim him tonight. Not going to spend a ton of FAAB doing it, but as somebody mentioned above, what if he plays out of his mind and looks like Lindsay 2.0? What if Ekeler falls on his face? There's a huge difference between being a CoP back and a workhorse in the NFL. When you are an offensive focal point opposing defenses game plan for you and focus on stopping you.

Edited by pikerbkb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jackson could be a lottery pick right now or waiver wire fodder. Definitely worth a pickup and see for teams in fantasy playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lean to waiver fodder. He still needs another injury for things to break his way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 11:13 AM, Dr. Whom said:

I get that but nobody here is hyping him which is no fun. I want some hype up in here

League Winner!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is I have him now so I don’t have to face him if he becomes a factor in FF playoffs. If he pops maybe I can play him but dropped Jalen Richard who I wish someone played him against me.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the last game JJ outcarried Ekeler after Gordo went down. Any success that JJ has is going to hurt Ekeler's value short term AND long term as JJ will be seen as another option to spell Gordon and also gives defenses a different RB to worry about. I am holding Eke and JJ in dynasty right now. My hope is that JJ either falls on his face (and Ekeler completely eclipses him) or that JJ is the second coming of___________. 

Edited by pikerbkb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is his size the reason he fell to the 7th round? Want to drop this cat so bad...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justin Jackson doesnt want you to forget about him amid the Ware/Williams lotto ticket frenzy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.