Rotoworld.com Forums

Justin Jackson 2018 Outlook

pjbyrne707

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Yeah that was brutal, JJ got wide open for that... not Mike Williams wide open lol but he had tons of space, ah well. 

the most annoying part of that is on the previous play he hit a much tougher throw on 4th down

nothing but dumb luck i tell you

8 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

the most annoying part of that is on the previous play he hit a much tougher throw on 4th down

nothing but dumb luck i tell you

What was lucky is the fact that he even got his TD. Penalty on 4th down to give him that chance. And btw on that penalty against Tyrell Williams, the ball hit him right in the hands even with the hold. But he’s got hands of stone, he sucks balls. Then you knew Jackson was getting that carry on 1st down. 

So yeah, it’s all luck. 

16 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Legends

Haha thanks! He did about what I expected. I thought there was potential for more, but he didn't live up to that. He did what was expected. I think he's a safe drop next week though because Gordon definitely play next week.

1 minute ago, Sonny_D said:

What was lucky is he got that 1st TD. Penalty of 4th down to give him that chance. And btw on that penalty against Tyrell Williams, the ball hit him right in the hands even with the hold. But he’s got hands of stone, he sucks balls. Then you knew Jackson was getting that carry on 1st down. 

So yeah, it’s all luck. 

He honestly should have caught that pass at the end for his second TD of the day. That was disappointing.

21 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

It was partly on Rivers, but it was still a catchable ball.

That was completely on Rivers..had Jackson caught that, he woulda been a hero.

When I saw Jackson break for the endzone, I was like "YES! Float it at the back of the endzone..."......and he under threw him...

Rotoworld is guaranteeing that Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler will both be returning in week 16.  What foolishness!  Gordon has a knee injury and he couldn't get right by pregame tonight even though Gordon wanted to play desperately.  Meanwhile Ekeler has a neck stinger and a concussion aka brain injury.  So I think we'll have to watch the practice reports to see.  I liked what I saw from Jackson tonight, he played really well.

12 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Rotoworld is guaranteeing that Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler will both be returning in week 16.  What foolishness!  Gordon has a knee injury and he couldn't get right by pregame tonight even though Gordon wanted to play desperately.  Meanwhile Ekeler has a neck stinger and a concussion aka brain injury.  So I think we'll have to watch the practice reports to see.  I liked what I saw from Jackson tonight, he played really well.

Gordon was almost a go tonight, and now he's got 10 days to rest up. Chances he doesn't suit up are quite slim I'd say

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Despite the strong effort, Jackson is likely headed back to fantasy irrelevance for Week 16, as both Gordon and Ekeler have an excellent shot at returning against the Ravens.

This blurb sounds reasonable. I think its more likely than not they both return next week. Gordon was a game time decision so he was relatively close to coming back. I'm not sure what Ekeler's concussion history is like but assuming its nothing extensive him sitting probably had a lot to do with the short turnaround for the thursday night game. 2 weeks should be enough time to heal from a garden variety concussion. 

2 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

Despite the strong effort, Jackson is likely headed back to fantasy irrelevance for Week 16, as both Gordon and Ekeler have an excellent shot at returning against the Ravens.

This blurb sounds reasonable. I think its more likely than not they both return next week. Gordon was a game time decision so he was relatively close to coming back. I'm not sure what Ekeler's concussion history is like but assuming its nothing extensive him sitting probably had a lot to do with the short turnaround for the thursday night game. 2 weeks should be enough time to heal from a garden variety concussion. 

Ekeler apparently also has a neck problem:

"After suffering a bruised nerve in his neck on an onside kick recovery attempt late in Sunday's 26-21 win over the Bengals, Ekeler entered the concussion protocol after developing symptoms of a head injury during Monday's team walkthrough. "

Just now, Boudewijn said:

Ekeler apparently also has a neck problem:

"After suffering a bruised nerve in his neck on an onside kick recovery attempt late in Sunday's 26-21 win over the Bengals, Ekeler entered the concussion protocol after developing symptoms of a head injury during Monday's team walkthrough. "

Well then that complicates things a bit. Even if only Gordon is back I wouldn't feel comfortable relying on Jackson though.

45 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

Well then that complicates things a bit. Even if only Gordon is back I wouldn't feel comfortable relying on Jackson though.

Absolutely, Jackson will only be relevant if Gordon is out. I happen to have both though at the moment, so actually my worst fear is that Gordon will still be only 80%, and he'll split touches with Jackson. Even if I survive the semi, that would pretty much kill my final.

26 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Not as fortunate as Damien Williams owners should feel for 2 TDs.

I was hoping for a much bigger game from JJ for sure, but up until the 4th quarter it was looking pretty damn awful. We should feel fortunate to get what we did.

44 minutes ago, MikeSRT8 said:

I was hoping for a much bigger game from JJ for sure, but up until the 4th quarter it was looking pretty damn awful. We should feel fortunate to get what we did.

Yup. TD saved a lot of people. Would have been a great day if the line blocked like they did for newsome and he got similar targets in the passing game

Archived