Rotoworld.com Forums

Justin Jackson 2018 Outlook

pjbyrne707

4 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

Despite the strong effort, Jackson is likely headed back to fantasy irrelevance for Week 16, as both Gordon and Ekeler have an excellent shot at returning against the Ravens.

This blurb sounds reasonable. I think its more likely than not they both return next week. Gordon was a game time decision so he was relatively close to coming back. I'm not sure what Ekeler's concussion history is like but assuming its nothing extensive him sitting probably had a lot to do with the short turnaround for the thursday night game. 2 weeks should be enough time to heal from a garden variety concussion. 

Melvin Gordon's knee is not right.  That's a pretty complicated joint.  And Gordon has now missed three games with this injury.  And we actually don't know how close he was to playing last night.  

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, street sharks said:

Gordon was almost a go tonight, and now he's got 10 days to rest up. Chances he doesn't suit up are quite slim I'd say

I think with the Bolts locked into the playoffs, u will see them use gordon sparingly until the playoffs start. No reason to wear him down as he recovers from an injury if they want his legs fresh for a playoff run.  I expect  any of the following, heavy rbbc or alternating series or Gordon being pulled 2nd half

13 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Melvin Gordon's knee is not right.  That's a pretty complicated joint.  And Gordon has now missed three games with this injury.  And we actually don't know how close he was to playing last night.  

I mean... he made the trip, warmed up pre-game, and even said he felt good... now he gets what? 10 days to rest?  I would be extremely surprised if he's not back for the Ravens game

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think with the Bolts locked into the playoffs, u will see them use gordon sparingly until the playoffs start. No reason to wear him down as he recovers from an injury if they want his legs fresh for a playoff run.  I expect  any of the following, heavy rbbc or alternating series or Gordon being pulled 2nd half

wut

after beating the chiefs they are in it for the divison if they win out with a chiefs loss.

So much misinformation on this forum is comical.

24 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

9 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

I mean... he made the trip, warmed up pre-game, and even said he felt good... now he gets what? 10 days to rest?  I would be extremely surprised if he's not back for the Ravens game

He will almost definitely be back for next week, time to remove Justin Jackson from your week 16 plans, the ride is over.

8 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

He isn't going to be relevant after this week anyways. No use discussing him anymore. 

probably yea but people still will speculate if ekeler and MG out again, even if they are, i wouldnt want to play him

39 minutes ago, Jared24 said:

wut

after beating the chiefs they are in it for the divison if they win out with a chiefs loss.

So much misinformation on this forum is comical.

Dude division titles are great but having your best players healthy for a full run for the SB is more important. The Bolts end goal is not a divisional title, they know Rivers time is almost over and they have the talent to win a SB now. You are not going to put a gimpy Gordon out there for a full load if he  can't handle it, he will hurt your team more than help it

Why do u think they made him inactive last night instead of giving him a few carries to see if he could produce?  He is not Brieda on the Niners. . . his production  is critical to their SB goals. 

So much misconception by certain posters is comical :lol:

Gordon won’t be given the full load when he comes back. Ekeler should be back also, so this will turn into a full RBBC

Jackson scored well for us last night. However, if Gordon plays, all three RBs will get playing time, leading to them being poor options for the championship round

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

They have a legit chance at homefield now, no way they rest people that are healthy. I'm not even a Gordon or Jackson owner so no bias here. He even warmed up last night and they have 10 days rest coming up. It was 2-4 week injury so next week should be about the right time barring a setback between now and week 16

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

I understand your reasoning but I am going to disagree

My thought if Gordon is healthy he is going to play and be the main cog just like he was when he had some bumps & bruises before this injury. Melvin is a competitor he wants to be on the field for every play. It’s in his nature. Maybe just maybe the coaching staff might ask him to do a little less to keep him tip top shape, since after all he is the main cog. But we all know injuries can happen at any time so I think if Melvin is healthy he is the man in San Diego. No doubt the Chargers would love to get home Field advantage through the playoffs so they cab play in sunny California instead of snowy New England ... 

8 minutes ago, Conscious Pilot said:

Gordon won’t put up a lot of points next week either. They won’t give him his usual load and will be careful with him. Jackson is still relevant 

Yeah this is just incorrect on so many levels. Gordon has 10 days to heal and almost played last night. Even if Ekeler is out Jackson will be limited to less than 10 carries. Whether or not Gordon performs next week doesn't matter because he will still dominate carries and is the better player. 

5 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I understand your reasoning but I am going to disagree

My thought if Gordon is healthy he is going to play and be the main cog just like he was when he had some bumps & bruises before this injury. Melvin is a competitor he wants to be on the field for every play. It’s in his nature. Maybe just maybe the coaching staff might ask him to do a little less to keep him tip top shape, since after all he is the main cog. But we all know injuries can happen at any time so I think if Melvin is healthy he is the man in San Diego. No doubt the Chargers would love to get home Field advantage through the playoffs so they cab play in sunny California instead of snowy New England ... 

Somebody is thinking with his heart :wub:

They got the job done yesterday without Gordon

They know that his health is vital to their playoff success.

They have multiple backs that are good, so they can afford to rotate.

They rushed him back too soon last time.

They will not give him a full workload yet. Will be mixed in.

8 minutes ago, Conscious Pilot said:

Somebody is thinking with his heart :wub:

They got the job done yesterday without Gordon

They know that his health is vital to their playoff success.

They have multiple backs that are good, so they can afford to rotate.

They rushed him back too soon last time.

They will not give him a full workload yet. Will be mixed in.

I'll have to stick you on my list of advice givers to ignore. 

Archived