pjbyrne707

Justin Jackson 2018 Outlook

Great flex call with Gordon out. Didnt see anything too special last night. He couldve had at least 3-5 more points had rivers seen him on a slant and another pass or 2 but it was a great call for all of us who made it. He was in over a jones and J gordon for me. MG3 back next week most likely, he is a safe drop. Had fun for the 2 days i owned him.

7 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I'll have to stick you on my list of advice givers to ignore. 

Thanks heart guy. Keep thinking with your heart and don’t stop believing  :wub:

4 minutes ago, Conscious Pilot said:

Thanks heart guy. Keep thinking with your heart and don’t stop believing  :wub:

Keep thinking incorrectly and I'll see you in the vent and rant threads :lol:

22 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I understand your reasoning but I am going to disagree

My thought if Gordon is healthy he is going to play and be the main cog just like he was when he had some bumps & bruises before this injury. Melvin is a competitor he wants to be on the field for every play. It’s in his nature. Maybe just maybe the coaching staff might ask him to do a little less to keep him tip top shape, since after all he is the main cog. But we all know injuries can happen at any time so I think if Melvin is healthy he is the man in San Diego. No doubt the Chargers would love to get home Field advantage through the playoffs so they cab play in sunny California instead of snowy New England ... 

Your view is perfectly rational and very probable however, I lean towards them managing his reps going forward as he recovers from the injury. I take into consideration this is his SECOND injury for the season and now that the Bolts are a lock for the playoffs the desperation to win subsides and the gameplan changes to how to make a run for the SB which starts with the way you manage your talent and their health. I don't think they can win a conference title game without gordon let alone a SB.

36 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I understand your reasoning but I am going to disagree

My thought if Gordon is healthy he is going to play and be the main cog just like he was when he had some bumps & bruises before this injury. Melvin is a competitor he wants to be on the field for every play. It’s in his nature. Maybe just maybe the coaching staff might ask him to do a little less to keep him tip top shape, since after all he is the main cog. But we all know injuries can happen at any time so I think if Melvin is healthy he is the man in San Diego. No doubt the Chargers would love to get home Field advantage through the playoffs so they cab play in sunny California instead of snowy New England ... 

Exactly my thoughts.

Mark me down as a Jackson owner who believes his time being fantasy-relevant for this season is over.

I do also own Gordon and Ekeler, and in week 16 you'll see all touches go to those 2 is my bet.

Edited by trilly

5 minutes ago, trilly said:

Mark me down as a Jackson owner who believes his time being fantasy-relevant for this season is over.

I do also own Gordon and Ekeler, and in week 16 you'll see all touches go to those 2 is my bet.

Everyone knew all that coming into last night. He was a 1 week wonder. Nobody is gonna trot him out there with gordon/ekeler back lol Hell, nobody should be trotting ekeler out w gordon back haha

Edited by Zekepeak86

I thought that was obvious too but some here seem to be thinking they're gonna hold back Gordon which is a bit laughable considering what they have on the line if they can win the division

Edited by trilly

19 hours ago, soccerphysio said:

Swinging for the fences...BOTH. May God Bless my fantasy soul.

good call

5 minutes ago, brosephd said:

good call

Every dog has its day I guess.  It may not end up being the case, but liked their situations better than Ingram and Dixon.  My dilemma pre-game was deciding if I should pick up Carr to use in our SuperFlex slot, but ultimately decided I didn’t want to put my fantasy life on the line with Carr at the helm.