pjbyrne707

Justin Jackson 2018 Outlook

24 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

Justin Jackson doesnt want you to forget about him amid the Ware/Williams lotto ticket frenzy!

Shhhh :) Justin Jackson is about to blow up on Primetime

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if I like how this sounds. I may have to backtrack somewhat on my earlier statement....

Chargers RB Austin Ekeler said he’ll play less special teams this week so he can focus on his role as the every-down back on offense. Ekeler said he had to adjust to taking all the reps with the starters this week due to Melvin Gordon being out with a sprained right knee. “The preparation is the same as it’s always been,” Ekeler said. “I always train like I’m going to start the game because I don’t know what play I’m going to be in or what look I need to know. Everyone in our running back room trains the same, and practice felt good this week.”

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fwilliams_eric.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Eric D. Williams, ESPN Staff Writer6h ago

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

Not sure if I like how this sounds. I may have to backtrack somewhat on my earlier statement....

I mean Of course he’s gonna take all the reps- he’s a big part of the game plan. But ekeler hasn’t proven to be a bellcow and who knows how he’ll do or if he holds up. We’ll see- I think ekeler should be decent but Jackson worth a speculative pickup as the chargers run a lot.

5 minutes ago, WCree said:

It’s happening . . .

Already talk about Gordon being back next week. Unfortunately unless you had the balls to start him tonight, he will likely be relegated back to third string, or share COP with Ekeler. 

They aren't just going to phase Ekeler out entirely. 

Coach will have to answer some questions this week about why only two 1st half carries.

This kid looks good.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looked better than Ekeler..

He definitely looked more explosive than Ekeler. Maybe he had a better breakfast this morning, but at this rate he may start taking a larger share of the snaps. 

On 12/1/2018 at 6:02 AM, nonstopfan said:

Shhhh :) Justin Jackson is about to blow up on Primetime

Nice call 

19 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Not to rain on the parade in here, but was that really that impressive? Wide open hole at the first level and pitter pattered his feet on the cut. But hey it worked.

It was impressive, because it didn't look impressive.... he made it look easy in other words. Hit it the right hole, seas parted, made a couple of defenders miss with a nice juke and knifed his way into the endzone showing nice vision and explosion. Damn impressive in my book. Made other nice runs as well. 

Edited by pikerbkb
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

He looked awesome. Made the right reads, the right jukes, speed, and the running game turned right around. Ekeler is definitely just a 8-12 touch guy and they need to shift this immediately. He’s a must start next week.

Also telling he was in the game when on the line and in doubt.

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
  • Like 1

So glad I added him last week, depressed that I didn’t start him. Gave it a decent chance but had t Williams in...

He basically sparked the Chargers to the win when they started to go to him over Ekler in the 2nd half. No Gordon but he looked pretty good. Looks like a RB2 with upside as long as Gordon is out

Glad I hung onto him when I thought twice about switching him out for Penny on my bench.  The win against the Steelers tonight also gives the Chargers some breathing room to not have to rush Gordon back.  Will be hesitant to start next week until I know for sure he'll get the majority of the snaps/touches.  Hoping for a week 15 explosion.

1 hour ago, jsch08 said:

Not to rain on the parade in here, but was that really that impressive? Wide open hole at the first level and pitter pattered his feet on the cut. But hey it worked.

He was easily better in the run game and they trusted him late over Ekeler. Yes there is chatter about Gordon coming back sooner rather than later but do we really think the chargers will risk him getting hurt again after last time? They probably hold him out another week 

6 hours ago, Guwop said:

He was easily better in the run game and they trusted him late over Ekeler. Yes there is chatter about Gordon coming back sooner rather than later but do we really think the chargers will risk him getting hurt again after last time? They probably hold him out another week 

LA can beat Cincy without Gordon and in week 15 they play KC on TNF. It would be the epitome of negligence bringing Gordon back this week but a lot of teams do stupid things. We'll see.

Gonna be a great little play v Cincy and then back to COP duty IF MG can get healthy for that Thurs night game v KC.