pjbyrne707

Justin Jackson 2018 Outlook

Playing over Ware, White, and Ekeler.  The matchup looks right, hoping for at least 100 yards and a couple of scores.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i think he's good for 14 touches this week ... i predict this is what he'll do with each of them (in chronological order):

plod

plod

fall down

plod

slip while plodding

stumble

plod

trip

plod while slipping

fumble

plod

bump into Mahomes

skid for no gain 

plod

good times i tell ya!!1!1!

Wrong house.  Spencer lives next door.

• Haha 4

I still can't decide whether to start Jackson or Eckeler? I keep leaning Jackson because I feel like Chargers will be up big the entire game so they will just run in the 2nd half. But the Chargers always find a way to lose this time of season. If they fall behind, Eckeler would be the 3rd down back, right?

55 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

What other RBs would you consider sitting in favor of JJ?

I have JJ in the same tier as Samuels and Mixon, would start him over Ingram, Ware, White, Peterson, Drake, Mack, Shady, Jeffrey Wilson, Carson

You guys did watch the game Sunday night, correct?  Jackson was carving up the Steelers defense like it was a Christmas turkey.  They were literally having trouble laying a glove on him.  Meanwhile, Ekeker did just about exactly bupkiss.

1 hour ago, oscar44 said:

I still can't decide whether to start Jackson or Eckeler? I keep leaning Jackson because I feel like Chargers will be up big the entire game so they will just run in the 2nd half. But the Chargers always find a way to lose this time of season. If they fall behind, Eckeler would be the 3rd down back, right?

Can't see the Bengals ever leading with Drizzle and no ajg

Is this just another hype thread?

Gut says Jackson over Ware is the right call this week. But I’ve been bitten by hype way too many times. He’s significantly below Ware in FantasyPros ECR. None of the top analysts have higher than #23 or so. 

But my guy just says it’s so right. Watched this guy @ PIT and he looked electric. Electric player vs league’s worst rush defense? Hard to pass up. 

But gut also says there’s a lot of hype here. 

Edited by ff062018
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

Gut says Jackson over Ware is the right call this week. But I’ve been bitten by hype way too many times. He’s significantly below Ware in FantasyPros ECR. None of the top analysts have higher than #23 or so. 

But my guy just says it’s so right. Watched this guy @ PIT and he looked electric. Electric player vs league’s worst rush defense? Hard to pass up. 

Ditto for me. Being the first round of the payoffs, it's all the more important to make the right call. My approach at this point is a mix of mostly playing sure things and taking some chances on the gut feeling for one or two positions. This is one of them where I'm going with my gut - JJ (vs worst defense) and benching Ware (vs best defense). 

• Like 1

I think because of game script he will have a good game. Chargers should dominate, no green or dalton it shouldn’t be competitive. Chargers play the chiefs next Thursday, they arent gonna show all their big plays and have rivers throw 40 times against the bengals. I see 17 carries 100ish yards and a touchdown. 

Edited by Ryansm11
Typo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

BAL gives up 87.3 YPG and 8 rushing TDs on the year

CIN gives up 153.3 YPG and 16 rushing TDs on the year

I own Ware in all my leagues and he is riding the pine, no way I'm playing him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

I saw that on fantasy pros as well. I think they’re all playing it safe and going with the guys who they know will get opportunities. Brad Evans of Yahoo says to start Jackson this week and isn’t high on Ware. Jackson is riskier in that he hasn’t carried the load before, but he’s shown the last two weeks what he can do. The Bengals are the best matchup a running back can have. Even if Jackson only gets half the touches, it’ll be enough. There’s a good chance for a whole lot more. 

7 minutes ago, austin316 said:

I have a feeling Ekeler is going to surprise us this week, but both are startable in fantasy.

says Austin himself

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

Kearse goes out and gets double digit looks then next game gets 0 points....

Trequen Smith and his 0 points after a 10+ catch game...

Fitzpatrick in a juicy matchup and gets benched.....

List goes on....

20 minutes ago, austin316 said:

I have a feeling Ekeler is going to surprise us this week, but both are startable in fantasy.

Lol good call, my friend!

31 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Lol good call, my friend!

Wait... did you just quote yourself and say "good call, my friend"?  LOL

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, ADDwithFF said:

Wait... did you just quote yourself and say "good call, my friend"?  LOL

Haha! Looks like someone forgot to switch accounts before giving themselves props

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Kearse goes out and gets double digit looks then next game gets 0 points....

Trequen Smith and his 0 points after a 10+ catch game...

Fitzpatrick in a juicy matchup and gets benched.....

List goes on....

... Spencer Asiat-errr, Ware putting up a Derrick Henry-esque stat line vs the worst team in the leeeeg ...

This dude any good? Ended up with him on one team but don't know a ton 

Where do people have him ranked for the week? 

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

This dude any good? Ended up with him on one team but don't know a ton 

Where do people have him ranked for the week? 

gee, if only there were a thread to acertain folks feelings ... hmmmmm.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

gee, if only there were a thread to acertain folks feelings ... hmmmmm.

Yes, this one. That's why I asked. Thanks though.

• Like 1