pjbyrne707

Justin Jackson 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

This dude any good? Ended up with him on one team but don't know a ton 

Where do people have him ranked for the week? 

I think the general consensus seems to be he’s not being ranked very high by a lot of analysts. Possibly they’re just playing it safe with their rankings. Or possibly they’re right. 

But he’s got a juicy matchup, so I think many feel that he’s a good play this week over other options who have bad matchups. 

13 minutes ago, ADDwithFF said:

Wait... did you just quote yourself and say "good call, my friend"?  LOL

Lol I meant to quote the other guy,  not my own haha

I can see Ekeler coming out and taking the load.  Just my dumb luck of being screwed a bit here.

Edited by KuNiT21
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ADDwithFF said:

Wait... did you just quote yourself and say "good call, my friend"?  LOL

2obyzj.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, austin316 said:

I have a feeling Ekeler is going to surprise us this week, but both are startable in fantasy.

1 hour ago, trolltoll said:

says Austin himself

50 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Lol good call, my friend!

I honestly thought he was being super funny and since that guy was saying he was Austin (as in austin ekeler) he was going with the joke and complimenting the post lol.  Accidental wit...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here is how it will go down

Chargers muddle around, score 13-7 for a bit, Eckler looks good while Jackson has minimal impact, Jackson owners worried, Chargers score more, up big soon, second half Eckler rests for the late year Charger run and Jackson get 20 touches producing a 20 pt PPR fantasy day

My crystal ball just rolled off my desk, hold on let me grab it.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KuNiT21 said:

I can see Ekeler coming out and taking the load.  Just my dumb luck of being screwed a bit here.

Yeah something is telling me it's a setup but the matchup is too good. Lynn did say Ekeler is wearing down though

2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Yes, this one. That's why I asked. Thanks though.

Or maybe go back and read the previous few pages where everybody is discussing this very topic instead of asking somebody to put together a synopsis for you? That's what pastor was referring to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, yossarian said:

Or maybe go back and read the previous few pages where everybody is discussing this very topic instead of asking somebody to put together a synopsis for you? That's what pastor was referring to.

No thanks. Someone helpful helped me. You are both just derailing the thread 

I can't decide on either of Jackson or Ekeler. I think I'm going to roll Chris Godwin vs. Saints in a PPR.

8 minutes ago, oscar44 said:

I can't decide on either of Jackson or Ekeler. I think I'm going to roll Chris Godwin vs. Saints in a PPR.

I wouldn't want to choose between Jackson and Ekeler, I'm starting each of them in two different leagues though so I can't lose haha

• Haha 1

I may be completely wrong, but to me it seems to be an easy decision...

1. Ekeler has not shined as a lead back, looked mediocre vs Pitt.

2.  Jackson looked really good against same Pitt D.

3.  HC says Ekeler is worn down.

4.  Real juicy match up vs Bengals.

So on paper it looks lovely like an easy decision, but then again, it’s fantasy football....after all, D Henry turned into Earl Campbell last night.

26 minutes ago, beerisgood07 said:

HC said Ekeler is starting. I see this as another hot hand situation and ekeler with a shorter leash. 

I’m not trying to pump up Jackson too much but this really doesn’t mean a whole lot when the coach names a starter. It could still end up being Jackson getting the majority of the carries.

2 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I’m not trying to pump up Jackson too much but this really doesn’t mean a whole lot when the coach names a starter. It could still end up being Jackson getting the majority of the carries.

Are you willing to gamble on that this week though? I guess it all depends on your options

Just now, affliction said:

Are you willing to gamble on that this week though? I guess it all depends on your options

Yes I am.  No brainer start over Henry for me. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, beerisgood07 said:

HC said Ekeler is starting. I see this as another hot hand situation and ekeler with a shorter leash. 

5 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

3 minutes ago, affliction said:

didn't Lewis "start" last night for the Titans? 

now, i'm not sayin' ... jus' sayin'

• Like 1

I love how player outlook threads are mostly positive for guys who have a sample size (jeff wilson, justin jackson) but it's more pessimism around guys who have been consistent like Michel because they are coming off a down game.

This match up is tempting though but:

Week 6 he had 3 carries for 4 yards

Week 7 he had 2 carries for 3 yardds

Last 2 weeks he had 7 and 8 carries and has been very efficient. The big question to me is how many touches could he get vs the Bengals with Ekeler in the picture.

7 minutes ago, affliction said:

I love how player outlook threads are mostly positive for guys who have a sample size (jeff wilson, justin jackson) but it's more pessimism around guys who have been consistent like Michel because they are coming off a down game.

This match up is tempting though but:

Week 6 he had 3 carries for 4 yards

Week 7 he had 2 carries for 3 yardds

Last 2 weeks he had 7 and 8 carries and has been very efficient. The big question to me is how many touches could he get vs the Bengals with Ekeler in the picture.

if u want to prove your theory, u should attempt it at jaylen samuels thread. see the reaction u will get there.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, affliction said:

Against the Bengals? It’s a bigger gamble to have him on my bench.

from what anyone sees, any jeaopardy of gordon missing week 15 and jackson being relevant for moire than this sunday?

7 minutes ago, floppy said:

from what anyone sees, any jeaopardy of gordon missing week 15 and jackson being relevant for moire than this sunday?

of course ... all "indications" are that MGIII will be back next Thursday, but i've yet to see anything concrete as far as solid optimism goes.  

The team can not afford for Ekeler to get hurt, they should have a pretty easy day against Cincy. JJ will probably get the majority of the touches. Gordon isn’t going to get rushed back into action since they have a good lead on the other WC teams. SD is probably throwing around 20 passes and that leaves 30+ runs. Huge day coming for JJ.  It’s an easy call.

16 minutes ago, floppy said:

Nobody really knows outside of Gordon and the team. Sure some analysts might be able to give an estimate based on previous player injury history data but at this point until there is more concrete data it's merely speculation. Plus, even Gordon does come back sooner rather than later who knows how much he will still be dealing with the injury and thus how effective he will be on the field.