pjbyrne707

Justin Jackson 2018 Outlook

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

of course ... all "indications" are that MGIII will be back next Thursday, but i've yet to see anything concrete as far as solid optimism goes.  

It’s going to be a tough decision for the Bolts next week regarding Gordon.  Assuming they beat the Bengals, that Chiefs game is big, but even if they win, I believe the Chiefs hold the tiebreaker because of division record.  

They’d rather have a healthy Gordon in the playoffs than him get re-injured coming back too early, and he’d get an extra 10 days to get back to 100% if he sits out the Chiefs game.

I think it will truly come down to:

1) If he can convince them that he’s 100% (because you know he’ll want to play)

2) How well the Ekeler/Jackson tandem does this week

• Like 1

Read the tea leaves my friend, do they need Gordon to win next 3 weeks? Melvin will be ready when they need him week 18

3 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Read the tea leaves my friend, do they need Gordon to win next 3 weeks?

:blink:

vs KC?  uhhhhh, yeah. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Read the tea leaves my friend, do they need Gordon to win next 3 weeks? Melvin will be ready when they need him week 18

Well they do play KC, Baltimore & Denver after this week, so yes... he would help a great deal.

• Like 1

As mentioned, they more than likely will not be able to pass KC and can only attain a wildcard.

If they lock up the wildcard, there is no need to bring Melvin back early.  

39 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

As mentioned, they more than likely will not be able to pass KC and can only attain a wildcard.

If they lock up the wildcard, there is no need to bring Melvin back early.  

They play the Ravens and Broncos after the KC game.  It’s plausible that they are playing against the Ravens for playoff seeding, and the Broncos are a rivalry game (who could be in the playoff discussion as well).

Lie to yourself as a Jackson owner all you want (I own him as well), but if Gordon is healthy, they are not sitting him.

What is more important?

Playoff seeding, or making sure Gordon is healthy for the rest of the season/playoffs? Answer seems pretty obvious to me. 

31 minutes ago, jccouger said:

What is more important?

Playoff seeding, or making sure Gordon is healthy for the rest of the season/playoffs? Answer seems pretty obvious to me. 

Seeding. Bye week gives Gordon more time to rest up. Argument kinda goes both ways. 

•  
Posted this in the Gordon thread but its just as relevant here...….

I think today's practice report will be critical regarding Gordon's availability for Thursday night. Hear me out. 

I've been reading since he got injured that the KC game...that's when he was coming back. Its amazing how so many "experts" are convinced this is the case.

A few things to keep in mind. First of all, this was a grade 2 sprain and normal recovery is much longer than 17 days. You have to think the fact that the game is on a Thursday only hurts his chances. Lots of times when guys have an injury like Gordon's they get in 1 or 2 limited practices at the end of the week and ramp it up the following week to play on Sunday. I understand Gordon is doing work on the side. That's great. But you're telling me he's going to go from not practicing at all to playing in 6 days? I don't think there's any chance that happens if he's still on the side today.

I've seen many experts argue if he comes back for the big KC game then he has 10 days to rest up for week 16. I look at it the other way. If they hold him out on Thursday he gets an EXTRA 10 days to heal and comes back ready to rock.

Of course a lot of this probably depends on how they do this weekend, if KC wins, and how well Justin Jackson performs. But as an owner of both Gordon and Jackson I'm actually hoping he doesn't play. Its amazing for me to say that about my first round pick and best player. But I'd rather have a full Jackson than a limited Gordon, or one on a snap count being eased in. 

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

35 minutes ago, jccouger said:

What is more important?

Both are important. He will play if he’s healthy.

MG3 sidelined at practice again... RW comment posted that Ekeler is the play in PPR and Jackson the play in standard.  I'm still going with Jackson in my PPR league. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, beerisgood07 said:

Im rolling with both in PPR (over J. Adams, Josh Gordon, Carson). 

yo, man, had to chime in. Denzel Ward is out with a concussion this week, opening up a really good outlook for Gordon on Sunday. Gordon is picking up some nice steam, and while Jackson is intriguing he could still get outtouched by his backfield mate. I like Gordon for a nice game is all im saying.

I'm thinking hard about benching Adams and Ware for Jackson, myself. But if i had the fortune of owning Gordon, he would be a no brainer start for me, esp in PPR. As long as he doesn't find any mary jane between now and sunday...

Just now, cbe_88 said:

yo, man, had to chime in. Denzel Ward is out with a concussion this week, opening up a really good outlook for Gordon on Sunday. Gordon is picking up some nice steam, and while Jackson is intriguing he could still get outtouched by his backfield mate. I like Gordon for a nice game is all im saying.

I'm thinking hard about benching Adams and Ware for Jackson, myself. But if i had the fortune of owning Gordon, he would be a no brainer start for me, esp in PPR. As long as he doesn't find any mary jane between now and sunday...

Gordon is playing Mia, not Cle....

6 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

wrong corner in my head. Xavien Howard will be out. My bad. Think about it. i see 5/80/1 for him this sunday. ***for his floor by the way, with much more upside***

Edited by cbe_88

5 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Maybe it wasn’t Gordon who met with Mary Jane?

4 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Against the Bengals? It’s a bigger gamble to have him on my bench.

good point..im scared to bench him

6 minutes ago, brosephd said:

any chance JJ becomes the bellcow while MG is out. 

83.7% chance he does.

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2018 at 8:00 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

You guys did watch the game Sunday night, correct?  Jackson was carving up the Steelers defense like it was a Christmas turkey.  They were literally having trouble laying a glove on him.  Meanwhile, Ekeker did just about exactly bupkiss.

He looked fantastic! 

I think Jackson play's the Gordon role going forward. I think Eckler play's a few more snaps than if Gordon were playing. Eckler's role on passing downs may cap Jacksons upside.

I'm chasing points in the playoffs. I'm gonna play Jackson and pray he is the real deal against a horrible defense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2018 at 10:52 PM, austin316 said:

BREAKING: NFL player was a stud in high school. 

It's a fun anecdote that i finally have the opportunity to share.

The whole fantasy industry is buzzing about him when most people didnt even know he existed 3 weeks ago.

Please tell us something more interesting, cool guy.

We'll wait... 

Paint and primer paints contain no primer, they are just extra thick latex paint. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I want to start this guy sooooo badly....but I can't bring myself to sit someone like Phillip Lindsay whose been fantasy gold so far....

Just now, CORTEz said:

I want to start this guy sooooo badly....but I can't bring myself to sit someone like Phillip Lindsay whose been fantasy gold so far....

NOR SHOULD YOU HOMIE 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Do not. start him over guys like Mack and Ware though.

• Like 1