Code of Hammurabi

Rodions Kurucs 2018-2018

LOL is that the nickname we're going with? I like Josh Lloyd's Rowdy Roddy Kurucs

He reminds me of Billy Elliot. Can that be his nickname?

child-actors-jamie-bell.jpg?w968h681

• Haha 1

On 12/17/2018 at 4:08 PM, flat_eric said:

You're as mad as a cut snake.

They gave Dinwiddie the bag...they're committed to LeVert longterm, they love Joe Harris.  Coach has publicly, recently, explicitly...left Russell out of the future core and included Spencer and Caris.  They aren't going to resign Russell.

• Like 2

Wow very excited about his dynasty prospects.  Length, quickness, athleticism, handle, 3 point stroke.  Has all the tools!

On 12/22/2018 at 9:39 AM, El_Chingon said:

Wow very excited about his dynasty prospects.  Length, quickness, athleticism, handle, 3 point stroke.  Has all the tools!

Almsot like the next Jokic. A prospect no one knows about till opportunity came.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Almsot like the next Jokic. A prospect no one knows about till opportunity came.

His game reminds me of kuzma.

11 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Almost drafted in the exact same spot too. Jokic was the 41st overall pick and Kurucs was 40th.

30 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

His game reminds me of kuzma.

I'm not going to say he is worth more today, but having watched both these guys closely, I can say Rodi has a higher ceiling. His game is far more well rounded. Kuz started with a great stand-up 3-point shot, and has broadened his skillset a bit. 

But Rodi can do everything. Pass, shoot, score. A very complete player, very early. Rodi can play and defend multiple positions. I don't see how Brooklyn can take him off the court. They have to find time for this guy even when Crabbe comes back. He could be special.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I'm not going to say he is worth more today, but having watched both these guys closely, I can say Rodi has a higher ceiling. His game is far more well rounded. Kuz started with a great stand-up 3-point shot, and has broadened his skillset a bit. 

But Rodi can do everything. Pass, shoot, score. A very complete player, very early. Rodi can play and defend multiple positions. I don't see how Brooklyn can take him off the court. They have to find time for this guy even when Crabbe comes back. He could be special.

Nice analysis.  Fantasy-wise his stocks potential elevates his ceiling far above that of kuzma.

I mean, I am wondering too who loses minutes when Crabbe does come back.

Looking at the minutes distribution tonight of guys who could be impacted, you have:

Kurucs - 32 mins

E. Davis - 24 mins

Dudley - 21 mins

Carroll - 28 mins

You gotta wonder, of those 4 (unless I overlooked someone who might also be affected), you would think that Kurucs won't be getting 32 once Crabbe is back.

The real question is, just how many minutes he will lose.  If he only dips down to say 30 mins and the other guys are affected more, it shouldn't affect him that much. 

But will the Nets coach do that?  Or will he still give the majority of the mins to the vets?

Thoughts?

It's hard to say. Kenny is sort of crazy when it comes to minutes--very unpredictable. That said, it's not like Dudley or Carroll are part of the future in Brooklyn.  

The one time I watched him my only concern was his size... he looked very skinny compared to everyone else. How'd he hold up today? Is his size going to be an issue?

11 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

The one time I watched him my only concern was his size... he looked very skinny compared to everyone else. How'd he hold up today? Is his size going to be an issue?

To me he seems ripped compared to some of the marshmellows in the league...

Related image

Edited by My Dinner With Andre

16 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

To me he seems ripped compared to some of the marshmellows in the league...

Related image

Leanness <> size   

Dude's listed at 210 which for 6'9" is almost waiflike.   

Doesn't necessarily need to be huge if he's skilled enough but I was just curious if he can keep banging for rebounds.

1 minute ago, Eltoro said:

Leanness <> size   

Doesn't necessarily need to be huge if he's skilled enough but I was just curious if he can keep banging for rebounds.

True but I reckon he may be able to use his leaness to his advantage.

He looks very energetic / quick / athletic out there.

20 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

True but I reckon he may be able to use his leaness to his advantage.

He looks very energetic / quick / athletic out there.

He's like Nigel Gruff. He's wiry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, crazybob60 said:

I mean, I am wondering too who loses minutes when Crabbe does come back.

Looking at the minutes distribution tonight of guys who could be impacted, you have:

Kurucs - 32 mins

E. Davis - 24 mins

Dudley - 21 mins

Carroll - 28 mins

You gotta wonder, of those 4 (unless I overlooked someone who might also be affected), you would think that Kurucs won't be getting 32 once Crabbe is back.

The real question is, just how many minutes he will lose.  If he only dips down to say 30 mins and the other guys are affected more, it shouldn't affect him that much. 

But will the Nets coach do that?  Or will he still give the majority of the mins to the vets?

Thoughts?

Good question. Forgot RHJ. Normally, it goes to the vets UNLESS that player just flat out plays better and wins the minutes. This kid is long and gives opposing wings a difficult look. Not to mention he can spread the floor and doesn't require much usage. If RHJ could do that he would get the minutes, but he can't cuz of his limited range. They on a roll and doing it by committee and not a single star. You know the saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If I was to bet, I say the last two loses minutes.

Let's not give Crabbe too much credit. He was sucking before he got injured. Shooting 34.3%, with 9 points, in 26 minutes. That is not starter-worthy production on most teams. 

Others whose minutes could be cut are Dudley (should be a bench filler) and Carroll (36% FG%). 

Bottom line is they have gone 8-2 in their last 10 games, since Kurucs started getting decent minutes. And their wing play was a question mark until 10 games ago. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Leanness <> size   

I could be wrong but he looks like he had a very long wingspan. Some of these layups he barely jumped and dropped it in.

34 minutes ago, Jake97 said:

Can anybody tell us more about his stock potential (does he have it?)?

From the games I've seen on league pass and the highlights that I've watched of him, yes I think so. He's lengthy and covers his position well. He gets his hands on the passing lanes so I'd say ya, realistically I can see him averaging around 1.5-2 stocks per game if his role stays the same

7 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Let's not give Crabbe too much credit. He was sucking before he got injured. Shooting 34.3%, with 9 points, in 26 minutes. That is not starter-worthy production on most teams. 

I didn't want to say anything because admittedly I haven't seen Crabbe play. But it seemed like we are comparing apples and oranges: ie, a gunner with a multi-faceted young player with a lot of potential on both offense and defense.