Code of Hammurabi

Rodions Kurucs 2018-2018

yeah boi! my Allen Crabbe will have his spot when he gets back :)

My rule of thumb is to to see 3-4 bad lines in a row from someone before I drop them. For reference, these are the two games Rodi had before he went on his last 3-game tear starting with the 24 point game:

image.png.89cf3a582e660f8de3c6053684d354e6.png

He is an expendable player on my team who's eligible for a drop once I get Barton and/or Mirotic back but I love his potential. Don't forget RHJ who is fairly injury-prone just got hurt again and Crabbe is never a sure thing. Atkinson loves this guy and I feel like he can still put up late-round value at 20+ minutes a game. As someone who felt miffed when I missed on getting Mikal Bridges, this may potentially be the next best thing

Edited by squid-jesus
adding "3-4 bad lines in a row" to make my stance more clear
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

You guys are starting Rodi?

Prospect for me. Playing the long game.

Giving him 1-2 more games. Liked what I saw in his “big games” won’t let 1-2 duds ruin that, defenses adjust to new threats in the court and he’s a rookie who hasn’t seen any major playtime for the last 1-2 years. I expected a dud sooner or later , lil disappointed that he rattled 2 in a row... just laws of averages I guess

Guy is really talented and should be getting all the mins this wk with rhj injured so this bought him an extra wk on my squad. 

• Like 2

On 12/30/2018 at 12:58 AM, stevenzhang said:

Dropped him for Derrick White... Anyone else do the same? B)

Did the exact same thing my brother. Had to, before someone else vultured him of the wire

• Like 1

With RHJ hurt, he will get back on track.  Hes very talented, allowed to have bad games as a rookie.  No one drops say a danny green when he strings bad games cuz they know eventually it evens out with monster lines.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RingMyBell said:

With RHJ hurt, he will get back on track.  Hes very talented, allowed to have bad games as a rookie.  No one drops say a danny green when he strings bad games cuz they know eventually it evens out with monster lines.

He is talented indeed. Watching him play, it reminded me when I was impressed with Siakam earlier this season. He is very quick and long, able to penetrate at ease but tends to give up for an open man instead of finishing.

2 hours ago, gooseball said:

He is talented indeed. Watching him play, it reminded me when I was impressed with Siakam earlier this season. He is very quick and long, able to penetrate at ease but tends to give up for an open man instead of finishing.

This sounds kinda dirty.

Anyways, I'm going to let him play two more games and see how he performs. He definitely seems like he can penetrate at ease and beat his man off. The dribble

• Haha 8

If there ain’t a great option just staring at you from the wire, can’t see dropping him.  He’s been droppin decent stat lines for almost a month now with a few clunkers here and there, but definitely worth owning with lots of upside.  Debating dropping Shumpert or Bremby for him...if Baze hadn’t gotten injured, that move would’ve already been made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeteM said:

If there ain’t a great option just staring at you from the wire, can’t see dropping him.  He’s been droppin decent stat lines for almost a month now with a few clunkers here and there, but definitely worth owning with lots of upside.  Debating dropping Shumpert or Bremby for him...if Baze hadn’t gotten injured, that move would’ve already been made.

Unless you're in the deepest of leagues, you can probably drop Shumpert. He constantly rotates on/off the WW in my 14-team league with 15 active + 2 IL spots 

4 hours ago, squid-jesus said:

Unless you're in the deepest of leagues, you can probably drop Shumpert. He constantly rotates on/off the WW in my 14-team league with 15 active + 2 IL spots 

Yeah, but he’s given my team a real nice boost in 3s and steals lately....

28 minutes ago, sitegnalp said:

Anyone see that block on AD last night against the Pelicans? He really gave it to that guy good

lol AD didnt see him.

Even though the lines aren't that great anymore (heck, they never really were) does everyone still belive in Rodi as a top prospect, ie, better than his mid-2nd round draft spot would suggest?