Code of Hammurabi

Rodions Kurucs 2018-2018

I'm giving him another two games since he had a much better game last night.  Nothing is real tempting on my waiver wire right now anyhow, and I'm in first place as it is (at least right now - subject to change)...except for maybe Luke Kornet.

47 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Even though the lines aren't that great anymore (heck, they never really were) does everyone still belive in Rodi as a top prospect, ie, better than his mid-2nd round draft spot would suggest?

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Even though the lines aren't that great anymore (heck, they never really were) does everyone still belive in Rodi as a top prospect, ie, better than his mid-2nd round draft spot would suggest?

absolutely

but he isnt kirilenko lol...just give tihs guy some time to find his feet...he is still a very long, decent shooting, good defender, stretch 3/4...there is a spot for him in this league and he can be very very valuable both in real life and fantasy

34 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Btw Jared Dudley compared Kurucs to AK47!

yeeeah teammates tend to exaggerate

RK has similar length to AK47 but his block and steal rates (about 1/5% each) are no where near Kirlenko's (peaked at 8.5% block but was around 3.5% block rate in the twilight of his career and 2% steal rate)...ive no idea what the future will bring but players generally dont have massive jumps in their block/ steal rates

17 minutes ago, n.mollov said:

RK has similar length to AK47 but his block and steal rates (about 1/5% each) are no where near Kirlenko's (peaked at 8.5% block but was around 3.5% block rate in the twilight of his career and 2% steal rate)...ive no idea what the future will bring but players generally dont have massive jumps in their block/ steal rates

Derrick White seems to have made the jump.

34 minutes ago, n.mollov said:

400 minutes is way too early to draw any conclusions about his block/steal rates.  

AK47 is a stretch but we still have no idea what Kurucs is at this point imo. Will take a few weeks of him starting to get a better feel for it.

28 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Derrick White seems to have made the jump.

Odd example, the jump from where? He played 8 minutes per over a total of 17 games last year, that's not really a good basis for comparison. 

Now putting up somewhat comparable stocks to his college stats though so far steals are slightly up (per 36) and blocks way down.

If you mean he made the jump in his last 6 games that is way too small a sample size, and especially in this case as those numbers are mostly kept up by one 6 steal game explosion, with the second highest in that stretch being 2.

On topic: Kurucs has shown he's capable of having some good games, and is only 20 with limited experience at the pro level as he never got big minutes in Europe. This sometimes leads to rapid growth when given the chance. I'm keeping my eye on him for dynasty but probably no need to hold or pick up for this year until something changes.

23 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

RIP

It was a good run.

-17 in 13 minutes. Between being a rookie new to North America and playing for a coach with a deep and not consistent rotation even with RHJ and Crabbe missing I think he's redraft irrelevant now unless playing in a deep league.

Ok, I swear this is his last chance with me. No Carroll, Harris, RHJ, Crabbe, and Levert tonight. If he posts a 6-5 line I'm retiring from fantasy effective immediately

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, PandaStyle said:

Ok, I swear this is his last chance with me. No Carroll, Harris, RHJ, Crabbe, and Levert tonight. If he posts a 6-5 line I'm retiring from fantasy effective immediately

I've retired 4 times this year.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Donqueefa said:

Hope you lads deployed Roddy ^^

Lol nope... Got screwed. At this point he has scored more than any other player in the game.

So naturally, it's time to give the Ghost of Faried some extended run.

Edited by hornrimmed_rambis

With Joe Harris out Kurucs saw some added run and he seemed to fill Harris' role as a 3 point threat. 

I did not see this game can someone confirm any of this who saw the game?

Nice game for Kurucs today and had the best +/- for the team (+22). Dudley got injured too, and it looks like he'll be out for a few games.

The Nets gotta open their eyes and realize they gotta give this dude big minutes. They were getting blown out against the freaking Hawks until they started feeding Kurucs.

• Like 2

Great article by Tjarks here about Rodi- https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1/10/18175860/brooklyn-nets-rodions-kurucs

Still have high hopes for ROS unlike most of ya'll.  He's going to average 28+ minutes rest of year, book it.  Nets are playing their best ball of the season since he's been a starter and the advanced metrics back up his impact.  He passes the eye test, plays with maximum effort, and has the respect of his teammates.  He won't be consistent game to game, but what 20 year old NBA player is?  (Save Luka)  RHJ ain't taking his minutes and he's still starting over Carroll despite Carroll playing great recently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unclebengi said:

Great article by Tjarks here about Rodi- https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1/10/18175860/brooklyn-nets-rodions-kurucs

Still have high hopes for ROS unlike most of ya'll.  He's going to average 28+ minutes rest of year, book it.  Nets are playing their best ball of the season since he's been a starter and the advanced metrics back up his impact.  He passes the eye test, plays with maximum effort, and has the respect of his teammates.  He won't be consistent game to game, but what 20 year old NBA player is?  (Save Luka)  RHJ ain't taking his minutes and he's still starting over Carroll despite Carroll playing great recently. 

Won't he sit when LeVert returns? But if that's the case, he should still be a big part of the rotation. Maybe Levert's return results in Carroll, Dudley, or Faried getting pushed out of the rotation and/or traded.

This guy. He is just a joy to watch. I tried to trade him earlier, but I just can't quit him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

This guy. He is just a joy to watch. I tried to trade him earlier, but I just can't quit him.

My homeland lacks NBA representation as of now, but it's kinda nice to know our southern neighbours have got this beast (well, more than one beast of course). Badass name, good motor.

9 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

My homeland lacks NBA representation as of now, but it's kinda nice to know our southern neighbours have got this beast (well, more than one beast of course). Badass name, good motor.

Hoops knows no borders.