fawkes_mulder

Will Barton 20018-2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

ESPN and CBS stating that he could be back for Friday's match up against OKC.

I don't see any info from the beat writers confirming this so I am wondering where this report is coming from. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I don't see any info from the beat writers confirming this so I am wondering where this report is coming from. 

Exactly my thoughts.. Quote is below.

''Barton (groin) is out Monday against Memphis, T.J. McBride of Mile High Sports reports.

Spin: As expected, Barton will be sidelined with with a lingering groin injury Monday against the Grizzlies. As previously noted, Barton will continued to be evaluated on a week-to-week basis. The Maryland product could possibly suit up for Friday's contest against the Thunder.''

Barton (groin) is out Monday against Memphis, T.J. McBride of Mile High Sports reports.

As expected, Barton will be sidelined with with a lingering groin injury Monday against the Grizzlies. As previously noted, Barton will continued to be evaluated on a week-to-week basis. The Maryland product could possibly suit up for Friday's contest against the Thunder.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/nuggets-will-barton-out-sunday/

Hopefully next week🤞🤞🤞👍

What kind of league are people in where a borderline top 50 player can be back any day and they're still on a waiver wire?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ChefCurryWitDaPot said:

In a 12 team league. Is he worth a pick-up at this point? What do you guys project ROS?

pick up a new league next year

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Kriggly said:

What kind of league are people in where a borderline top 50 player can be back any day and they're still on a waiver wire?  

2 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

pick up a new league next year

We don't know the context of why Barton was available in his league.  Maybe he was just recently dropped that day by an impatient owner.  Maybe that one owner out of the rest is just stupid or short-sighted.  That doesn't necessarily mean the league as a whole is not competitive or trash.

Maybe Barton has been sitting there all along and his league is not very competitive I don't know.  Key being I don't know. No one here knows unless they are in his league. 

It is one thing if his fantasy acumen was in question given that it should be a no-brainier that Barton is worth a pickup.  But why belittle the league? Why is it always the assumption that a league is trash or not competitive when someone good is available on a wire for some reason without knowing the context behind it?

As someone said earlier, competetive 12 team leagues doesnt leave a borderline top 50 player in the wire when he is poised to come back at anytime. I’d understand if it was an 8 team or 10 team, but on a competetive 12 team? That league trash lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Illdrago said:

As someone said earlier, competetive 12 team leagues doesnt leave a borderline top 50 player in the wire when he is poised to come back at anytime. I’d understand if it was an 8 team or 10 team, but on a competetive 12 team? That league trash lol

Like I said - context.  We don't know if he was left for an extended amount of time on that league's wire.  He could have just been dropped for whatever reason that day the dude posted about it.  That makes his league trash?  All he asked was if Barton was worth a pickup.  He didn't say anything else about how long he was available or his league in general.  So why belittle his league when we don't know all the facts? 

I usually don't comment on stuff like this, but these quick assumptions of the competitiveness of someone's league anytime a person says a good player is available on their wire given that we are not in their league is tiresome.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Like I said - context.  We don't know if he was left for an extended amount of time on that league's wire.  He could have just been dropped for whatever reason that day the dude posted about it.  That makes his league trash?  All he asked was if Barton was worth a pickup.  He didn't say anything else about how long he was available or his league in general.  So why belittle his league when we don't know all the facts? 

I usually don't comment on stuff like this, but these quick assumptions of the competitiveness of someone's league anytime a person says a good player is available on their wire given that we are not in their league is tiresome.

Thank you.

Maybe my league doesn't have IR spots, maybe teams have their IR spots full, etc. 

It was a simple question. Don't have any input? Just keep it moving lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cannot believe this dude is still out. Had high hopes he'd be on the floor before Portis/Dunn. Denver is so bad with these updates.

59 minutes ago, ChefCurryWitDaPot said:

Thank you.

Maybe my league doesn't have IR spots, maybe teams have their IR spots full, etc. 

It was a simple question. Don't have any input? Just keep it moving lol

Yeah was thinking about the IR spot, 2 months is way too long for him to be sitting wasting a spot. I def put him in my IR spot without even thinking about. 12 team is a no brainer.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

We don't know the context of why Barton was available in his league.  Maybe he was just recently dropped that day by an impatient owner.  Maybe that one owner out of the rest is just stupid or short-sighted.  That doesn't necessarily mean the league as a whole is not competitive or trash.

Maybe Barton has been sitting there all along and his league is not very competitive I don't know.  Key being I don't know. No one here knows unless they are in his league. 

It is one thing if his fantasy acumen was in question given that it should be a no-brainier that Barton is worth a pickup.  But why belittle the league? Why is it always the assumption that a league is trash or not competitive when someone good is available on a wire for some reason without knowing the context behind it?

Relax Confucius... 

There's no need for greater philosophy... the fact is simple... league is trash ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Stefan

11 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

f--- man, can we get a frickin update?! Is he practicing like 3-on-3 drills? Is he going live in team drills against the scout team? Can he make sweet love to his wife without getting a cramp? Anything?

Out of all the injuries there's been, this one has gotten the least updates.

All I have seen right now is he was shooting baskets during practice yesterday. I haven't read anything else beyond that.

• Thanks 2

He is week to week. How hard is that to understand? They evaluate him on a weekly basis. If there is nothing new to report then they wait for another week.

• Like 1

#Nuggets injury report versus the #Thunder: Jamal Murray (R shin) is PROBABLE. Will Barton (R hip/core) is OUT. Isaiah Thomas (R hip) is OUT. Gary Harris (R hip) is OUT. Paul Millsap (toe) is OUT. Jarred Vanderbilt (R foot) is OUT. Michael Porter Jr (low back) is OUT.

Well I guess we have to wait for the next week.. 🤞. Hoping Will be that ready😏😊👍

9 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

All I have seen right now is he was shooting baskets during practice yesterday. I haven't read anything else beyond that.

This probably means he's out for at least another week I think.

Only shooting and no contact.

2 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Didn't the coach say he was going super hard at practice tho?

must have been putting up free throws like a fkn MANIAC

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Didn't the coach say he was going super hard at practice tho?

And then he felt the injury and they had to dial it back -> Went for week-to-week assessments.

Someone want to bet Barton vs. Thomas? I'm taking Thomas.