fawkes_mulder

Will Barton 20018-2019 Outlook

Gonna be honest, it's gonna be weird seeing him healthy instead of being glued to the bench.

Been so long that I just assumed that the INJ tag was part of his last name, haha.

Seriously though, thanks for the update.  Hearing positive news of both Barton and DMC is welcome to my ears (despite losing CP3 tonight).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ellejamil said:

YES REAL UPDATES THANK YOU

Seriously!! 

Now, if only I could just get an update saying Porzingis was just a week away from returning...

What kind of workload do you guys anticipate upon his return? Instant big minutes or closer to 10 minutes restrictions? Asking bc I'm starting to think of who I'm gonna drop to take him off IL, and when I'll do it.

2 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

What kind of workload do you guys anticipate upon his return? Instant big minutes or closer to 10 minutes restrictions? Asking bc I'm starting to think of who I'm gonna drop to take him off IL, and when I'll do it.

From the article cited above: "Denver will almost assuredly be ultra conservative with Barton because he has never had to undergo surgery in his career and this is by far the worst injury he has ever sustained. The Nuggets’ priority is getting Barton back to 100 percent healthy and not rushing him back onto the floor."

19 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

B-more's own., Thrill Will". Of all the players to come out of B-more he ranks up near the top. Better than Melo IMHO. My man Sam I am is the best.

2 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

From the article cited above: "Denver will almost assuredly be ultra conservative with Barton because he has never had to undergo surgery in his career and this is by far the worst injury he has ever sustained. The Nuggets’ priority is getting Barton back to 100 percent healthy and not rushing him back onto the floor."

That's like, his opinion, man. I am interested in seeing what others think.

• Haha 1

Will Barton (hip) has still not been able to go through practice.

Coach Mike Malone suggested that Barton was getting closer, but it doesn't sound like he's going to make it back until the 2019 portion of the season. He was an early-round player in the second half last year and tore it up before his injury to start this season, so he should be stashed everywhere. It'll be interesting to see what happens with red-hot Monte Morris.

31 minutes ago, durel_arroyo said:

frustrating to stash this guy..they should have told us 10-12 weeks and not 5-6 weeks timetable. 

Actually there was no clear timetable from the start. They told us, that he will be reevaluated after 5-6 weeks. But i agree - it's really frustrating, especially when own CP3, Otto, Miro, too...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have lost 2 straight since stashing this guy.

Was thinking short term vs long term in a win-based league.

But I'm dropping if it will cost me a 3 straight L next week

10 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

Have lost 2 straight since stashing this guy.

Was thinking short term vs long term in a win-based league.

But I'm dropping if it will cost me a 3 straight L next week

I've gone 4-1 since stashing him so perhaps I'm a bit more lenient. However I think at this point you need to hold no matter what. His return is too close - and he has a good chance to live in the top 50 ROS.

Edited by flat_eric

7 minutes ago, durel_arroyo said:

still no official date/ game as to when this bum will return? 

Sap and Harris will be returning befor him, sad. And no still no timetable, never coming back. 😢

Edited by chud12

Harrison Ford
Harris and Millsap have both participated in full court drills at practice. Meanwhile, Will Barton’s timeline is close behind both Harris and Millsap’s. Barton’s the only one of the three who underwent surgery for his respective injury.
  • Thanks 1

Just now, chud12 said:
Harrison Ford
Harris and Millsap have both participated in full court drills at practice. Meanwhile, Will Barton’s timeline is close behind both Harris and Millsap’s. Barton’s the only one of the three who underwent surgery for his respective injury.

Moore speculation to tease all of us. Then we will find out he’s not close. 

Not even waiting for him so much anymore since I also have LeBron, Mirotic, Lowry and Cousins and only 1 IL spot. Also had LeVert but dropped him long ago.

I’m screwed.

AHhaha Millsap coming back before this fool... glad I didn't even come close stashing him... !

:lol:

No news from him at all. Should I call police for missing person? 

Edited by csklmf

7 hours ago, chud12 said:
Harrison Ford

Harrison Ford is so sick of Star Wars movies he decided to become the Denver Nuggets beat writer