Sign in to follow this  
andy1234

John Henson 2018-2019 Season Outlook

What do we think about Henson? Two near double doubles with blocks and 3s over his last two. Has gotten around about 20 minutes averaged during that time. Any chance he supplants BroLo for the starting center job?

He's worth a flier for 12 teams and more. Been solid for the first 3 games so far by giving rebs and elite blocks. If he can increase his FG% and stay healthy then he can be a servicable low end big.

6 minutes ago, FreddieBiccs said:

There is a new head coach but I have fallen too many times for Henson and never stayed productive...

I had him last year and thought he was pretty productive granted that was as a starter in 26 min (productive as in end of bench center with good fg, rb and blks). He could be pretty useful in 12 teams even at 20 min per game as he's averaged 2 blks a game twice in his career with less playing time. If he can get you a 3 on top of that I feel like he's the type of guy who could make a big impact. A little bit sad I missed out on him tbh

I want to get on board but his advanced stats are awful, could affect his minutes eventually.

What do you think about the minutes playes by Thon Maker? He played 23 while Henson only 10. I know this also had to do with Giannis being out but I would have expected Henson to get more minutes...

Worth the pick up since trade talk are on 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, snroto said:

Worth the pick up since trade talk are on 

I am adding as blocks are hard to find on the wire and he is averaging 2 with limited minutes. Love will be traded as suitors will come calling.  Unless something comes back to take away speculative opportunity.  Would not be surprised to see Tristan traded as well.

The yearly disappointment John Henson brings u every time he gets his "shot" has arrived 

Last night got the start for Tristan against a tough opponent (OKC) and fared well w a double double, two assists, two blocks, a steal along w a 3 

Most interesting part was that he played 31 minutes at no cost of Love (34 minutes) or Nance (32 minutes) 

Might be worth a look if the minutes stay  I guess lol 

Taking a gamble on him just because wood isn't free anymore... Hoping for 20-25 minutes 

Casey is crazy enough to let this guy play over wood. Is this an add ?? 

Henson, over the years, has demonstrated that he is the perfect example of a 2nd rounder in the NBA draft.

Always sprinkles of this and that but NEVER, EVER ENOUGH. 

7 minutes ago, Pumbaa said:

would you swap thies OR chriss for him?

AC question, but to answer it, no I wouldn't. Worth a flier for a less valuable player tho, in case of Casey being Casey.

Edited by fbbaddict
  • Thanks 1

if he couldn't earn meaningful minutes behind Tristan Thompson I wouldn't have huge hopes in Detroit especially now they're obviously favouring youth movement. but you never know Casey could roll the oldies Henson Markieff reggie and stunt the youth for no reason

anyone watched the game? statline looks good in just 18 minutes, is 20-25 min role realistic ros?

2 hours ago, Pumbaa said:

anyone watched the game? statline looks good in just 18 minutes, is 20-25 min role realistic ros?

I think so.  Maker is trash and while Henson isn't exactly a way better player Detroit have waved the white flag and are playing the young guys (insert Thon Maker age joke) and I think Maker and Henson will split time at C.  It will probably be a bit of a headache to own either one though because they're both really inconsistent with their production even when they're given steady mins.

Also Maker is horrible.  It needed to be said again.

6 hours ago, Pumbaa said:

Casey is the wild card. Anything’s possible.