Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

habslive

ROS QB: Watson or Trubisky?

Currently have Wentz and Watson. I'm a Bears fan though so I don't want to overreact to Trubisky and figured I'd appeal to less biased observers. Who do you prefer for the rest of the year between Watson and Trubisky? Help please lol

Watson

Watson. Trubisky is I guy you can look at for streaming fill ins but he is just not that good, but getting decent fantasy numbers.

1 hour ago, JonathanGunz12 said:

That’s actually tougher than most make it to seem. Watson is hurt and performing badly lately. Not running. Trib is slinging it all over the field. Personally, I think I’d go Trib even though conventional wisdom says Watson.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/730125-trade-for-a-better-qb/

Thanks. That's why I posted this. You're also the only one to give any input as to why lol. Trubisky is in an eerily similar situation to what Wentz was last year. 2nd yr QB who is given a very offensive minded coach in year 2 after a gross rookie year. Trubisky gets the rushing yards, too. 

I would side with Trubisky. They both have very friendly schedules remaining. Winston has to play Baltimore at the end of the year and Trubisky really has great match ups the rest of the way. I like Trubisky's trajectory with 3 fantastic games in a row. His mobility is better than Winston's at this point and that will get you more points. 

help on mine please:

I'd side with Trubisky here, but it's very close. Watson is hurting right now, I think he just needs the bye week but just look at what Mitch has been doing. Might not be a great QB outside of fantasy but who cares lol he has a safer floor due to his rushing ability as well

Here would be my very quick comparison of the two so far this season.

Watson   Trubisky
- Runs the ball (216 yards)   - Runs the ball (245 yards)
- Shown moments of inexperience   - Shown moments of inexperience
- Shown moments of greatness   - Shown moments of greatness
- Hopkins, Fuller, Coutee, R. Griffin top targets   - ARob, Gabriel, Cohen, Burton, A. Miller top targets
- Played well against TEN, NYG, IND, DAL   - Played well against TB, MIA, NE
- Played poorly against JAX, BUF, NE   - Played poorly against SEA, GB, ARI
- HOU ranks 16th in passing yards (258/g)   - CHI ranks 20th in passing yards (250/g)
- HOU ranks 21st in passing TDs (10)   - CHI ranks 11th in passing TDs (13)
- HOU ranks 19th in INT (7)   - CHI ranks 15th in INT (6)

So to me there really isn't much of a difference between the two. I think I'd just stick with Watson given he's already on your roster and you likely drafted him higher (not that that should matter much, but he probably has more "perceived" value because of it). I also do think having that elite WR on his team in Hopkins also makes it a bit easier on his. And he does have a longer track record dating back to last season at being a high end player. So I do feel a little bit more confident in his ability moving forward than I do Trubisky, but these are some fairly young players we're talking about here so who really knows.

If you really want Trubisky maybe try to trade Watson for a small upgrade somewhere else. I get QBs usually don't hold a ton of value, but I'm sure there is a team without a good starting QB that would be willing to downgrade their TE (not named Gronk, Kelce, or Ertz) or WR3/RB3 for one.

The numbers so far this season say it's close, but I think Watson's ceiling is higher and I like his receivers more.  So I'd go with him.

Thanks for mine!