tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 8

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 8

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 8 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

4 hours ago, blacryan said:

Full PPR

Ingram

or

Cobb

for flex?

Are you sure Cobb is playing?

Assuming he is since you're asking, this is a tough one. It would be easy to say Ingram if he wasn't facing the Vikings defense. 

I'd say Ingram is safer to get something, but don't count on too much. Cobb, if he plays, could be up or down, but you never know if he'll have a breakout game on his return. I'd say go with Ingram if you're in a competitive game, but go with Cobb if you're well behind your opponent and need to take a risk for bigger points.

2 hours ago, Phina11y said:

Do I start Ronald jones II or Peyton barber at RB2 in a PPR League? I have M. Gordon on a bye,  N. Hines cooling off with Mack back (when I thought Hines would still be an every week PPR flex option after his nice performance as a starter/pass catcher, and also lost my RB2 J. Mckinnon a couple days after the draft.

So I'm starting C. Carson at RB1 this week and cant decide on R. Jones or Barber?? M. Mack was still getting some injury news early, but not sure how serious. If he actually sits again this week, then I will def have to go with Hines with the PPR upside. Bucs will prob go with a split workload if Barber healthy 

Also start K. Cole, D. Moncrief, or D. Moore at WR3 in a deeper non PPR league?? 

Barber so far has still been getting the majority of carries, and his coach just said he's "good to go," but it's like Jones keeps closing in on him and very well could take over the lead possibly this week. Jones did get plenty of first-team reps when Barber missed a day of practice so he's sure to get some touches including goalline touches.  I'm still thinking Barber is the play this week as he might just break out vs the Bengals, but it's the potential for Jones getting a TD that has we wondering. I'd play Barber.

Cole and Moncrief in London are intriguing because the Jaguars tend to show up when they play out there. I'm giving the edge to Cole there, and he would be my start of the three. That said, the Panthers HC did say that DJ Moore will be worked more into the offense this week with Torrey Smith out again. I don't trust the Panthers WRs all that much because they like to run the ball, but DJ is so good after the catch that you never know what he might do. I'd flex Cole, but I'm not overly confident with this decision.

For my TE spot in a full-point PPR...

Kyle Rudolph vs the Saints or Chris Herndon vs the Bears

On the surface, you'd think Kyle, but I'm looking at a couple things...

Rudolph has been scoring less and less lately, and last week had his worst game of the season scoring only a couple points. This week the Vikings take on the Saints whose defense is surprisingly top five against TEs.

Meanwhile, Herdon is coming off two huge 15-point games in a row and seems to be a legit safety blanked for their rookie QB. While the Bears defense can be a shutdown defense, they're only middle of the pack vs TEs.

Standard scoring flex start:

Chris Carson @ Detroit 

John Brown @ Carolina 

Taylor Gabriel vs. Jets

Tre'Quan Smith @ Minnesota 

I currently have Carson in there because of the matchup. But I'm a little worried about Pete Carroll and his decision making. 

2 hours ago, scoobtothenoog said:

Full point ppr pick one.

Ingram

Richard

Chubb

Collins

Ugh... so many tough matchups.

I'm tempted to say Richard who should get a good half dozen catches and maybe a couple big plays vs the Colts... otherwise I'd just ride Ingram.  Flip a coin.  As for Chubb and Collins, I just really don't like their matchups enough this week to start either over Ingram who is simply a much better RB than both. 

1 hour ago, 9chester said:

Standard scoring flex start:

Chris Carson @ Detroit 

John Brown @ Carolina 

Taylor Gabriel vs. Jets

Tre'Quan Smith @ Minnesota 

I currently have Carson in there because of the matchup. But I'm a little worried about Pete Carroll and his decision making. 

Hmm... In a PPR I'd take Gabriel, but for a standard, I'd roll with Carson who has a great matchup for RBs vs Detroit. 

Help with mine? Standard league
Boyd vs TB
Tate vs SEA

On 10/25/2018 at 5:12 PM, 24HourPiffness said:

Pick 2 (Half PPR)

Josh Gordon @ Buffalo

Kerryon Johnson vs Seattle

Nick Chubb @ Pittsburgh 

Chubb and J. Gordon. All great options, but Blount keeps limiting Kerryon's TDs.

On 10/25/2018 at 5:42 PM, sjm76 said:

I need 2 of the following 3 wr's:  Golden Tate (vs. Sea), Kenny Golladay (vs. Sea) and Tre'Quan Smith (@ Min).

Tate and Golladay. Tre'Quan's going up against a good D and his volume hasn't been that great (too many mouths to feed).

On 10/25/2018 at 5:49 PM, fatkid85 said:

PPR league- Pick 2

D. Thomas

Crabtree

Nelson

Robinson

Gabriel

Crabtree and Nelson. Crabtree's seen good volume all year and Nelson should hopefully get an uptick with Amari and Lynch now out of the picture. Don't really have too many other options.

On 10/25/2018 at 5:49 PM, JrsKars said:

Need help at Flex this week

J.Gordon@Buffalo

T.Y. Hilton@Oakland

TY. Feast.

On 10/25/2018 at 5:50 PM, KCJONES said:

Who should I flex in PPR?

amendola

ingram

carson 

Geronimo 

I'd say Geronimo if you didn't start Amendola. If it was standard I'd say Ingram, but his where it's PPR it makes him more TD dependant to return value. 

On 10/25/2018 at 6:10 PM, fillysfinest said:

Standard scoring 

Need a flex starter... TY, Drake, or Carson??

TY if you didn't go with Drake.

On 10/25/2018 at 8:27 PM, Broncos132 said:

PPR, Baldwin, Kerryon, Fuller, or Gabriel in the flex?

Baldwin if you didn't go with Fuller. His volume should be decent moving forward.

On 10/25/2018 at 9:12 PM, scoobtothenoog said:

Need to make a pick for my RB2 slot. Full point PPR.

Would you plug in Ingram or Chubb, both bad match ups. Or pick up and plug in Richard or Mostert (would have to drop Breida)....

Chubb... no Ingram... no Chubb.... no Ingram...
I'm not really sure either. I think I'd avoid Jalen or Mostert for now though even though they are better PPR players just given their unknown workload, and the fact their offenses aren't great (could be a lot of 3 and outs). I'd guess I'll go Chubb because his workload will be larger.

On 10/26/2018 at 10:51 AM, TheGhost206 said:

Mitch Trubisky vs. the Jets or Cam Newton vs. Ravens? Both QB's are at home. Ravens 2nd in the league against QB's Jets are 15th.

Cam. Mitch has been on fire lately, but I still don't think he's a reliable high-end QB1 yet. Even in the tougher matchup I feel good about Cam putting up points.

On 10/26/2018 at 11:58 AM, KN033118 said:

Trubisky or Roethlisberger? Standard league.

Big Ben. I feel more confident in the PIT offense than the CHI offense.

On 10/26/2018 at 12:02 PM, mongidig said:

Please pick 3 out of this 5 in ppr. One will be my flex.

Mixon against Tampa

C Mac against Baltimore

Cohen against Jets

Lindsay against Chiefs

Chubb against Steelers.

Mixon, CMac, Lindsay. Mixon and CMac have to be givens. They're both just amongst the top PPR RB in the game. Then because R. Freeman is out, I think you've got to go with Lindsay. Hopefully another high scoring KC game. Chubb should get the workload, but his lack of receptions is a concern in PPR. Cohen has been great, but Howard is still limiting his upside.

On 10/26/2018 at 12:22 PM, Skoodog said:

Full PPR - Start Chubb @Pit, or one of Chris Thompson (if healthy) or AP @ Giants?

AP because I got a gut feel he'll get at least 1 TD.

On 10/26/2018 at 12:55 PM, Jeremy Shockey said:

1/2 PPR Flex....Nick Chubb @ Pitt or John Brown @ Car?

Since it's only half PPR and not full I'd go Chubb.

23 hours ago, UMFLADFWM said:

1 point PPR...  Pick 1:

Mack @ Oak

Cohen vs NYJ

Mack. He'll get garbage time points as they kill off the clock in a blowout win.

23 hours ago, cozcurses008 said:

Pick 3 out 4 for PPR: Diggs, Golladay, Baldwin, Chubb

Sit Golladay. Because eeny, meeny, miney, moe said so.

• Thanks 1

RBs (pick two):

AP @ NYG

Chris Carson @ DET

Motstert @ ARI

Jalen RIchard vs. IND

I'm really conflicted, all have the chance for big days, but few have a secured floor. I'm leading my opponent 30-10 because of Hopkins' TNF game. I need help, thanks/

(full PPR)

@Idoolittle I'd say Boyd, the match-up is much better, but depends on which Dalton we see that afternoon. Tate typically would be the choice, but that Seattle pass defense has looked nice albeit they haven't played a slot receiver with the skill of Tate since Sanders in week one, but I still stand by the fact that Boyd has much more upside.

• Thanks 1

I'm waiting on news about Breida's availability, it's an afternoon game so I probably won't know his fitness situation until it's too late to bench the earlier guys. If breida is fit to play, do I bench either D.Adams or R.Woods for him? Probably not ahead of either guy really but az are averaging 187 yds and 1.7tds per game to running backs. Breida could rip them up. Ideally I'll know Breida's status before the morning games so I can bench T.Cohen for him

Kinda got a mix for this earlier this week, Roethlisberger @ cleveland

Trubisky @ jets

Ben is the safe play I think, but I really like the upside trubisky offers in this game, but they’re also calling for bad weather in jets game tomorrow.

1 hour ago, AlexxelA said:

John brown or marlon mack ppr 

Brown has become a must start for me. I would go with Brown. What are you other starters?

3 hours ago, KN033118 said:

Kinda got a mix for this earlier this week, Roethlisberger @ cleveland

Trubisky @ jets

Ben is the safe play I think, but I really like the upside trubisky offers in this game, but they’re also calling for bad weather in jets game tomorrow.

Heavy winds in Chicago for that game.  I'd lean towards Rapistberger.

40 minutes ago, JunkyardHawg said:

Brown has become a must start for me. I would go with Brown. What are you other starters?

I own Brown also but I wouldn't start him over Mack this week.

8 hours ago, scoobtothenoog said:

1/2 point ppr.

Hilton or Boyd??

I like Boyd to have a nice game this week but starting him over Eugene is risky.  Hilton is the better play.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

Standard

J. Gordon

Edelman

Tre Smith

Pick 2

Tough call.  The Patriots may be playing with a big lead most of the day, limiting pass attempts.  Gordon is boom or bust.  I would definitely start Edelman and I guess I would go with Smith as number two.  Rhodes is out for Minnesota and Brees will have to throw a lot to win this one.  Couldn't blame you if you liked Gordon better though.

• Thanks 1

Geronimo Allison or Jalen Richard as a flex?

rbs are AD and Marlon Mack

wrs are Devante Adams and John Brown

PPR