Tom Chambers

Damyean Dotson 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Never heard of the dude.

[Removed Cool Story] what's the deal with this guy?  30 plus minutes in several games.  Just went 20/10 (rebounds).  He can rebound bur apparently can't pass?  I couldn't pick this guy out of a lineup at my own family reunion, so you tell me.

Looks better than Hezonja, that’s for sure.  Nice stat line with the minutes tonight.  Worth a flyer to see if he can keep it up.

[Removed Cool Story]

Consistent minutes and counting stats for Dotson is encouraging, but generally speaking, everyone in NYK outside of E Kanter and T Hardaway Jr are on a leash/trial period.

• Thanks 1

If you go back to last year, in limited time, he put up per-minute beast numbers when afforded the opportunity. Fiz loves the kid and that's saying a lot considering "Dot" (as Fiz calls him) is a Phil Jackson hold over. I think Fiz is looking for someone to take a hold of their opportunity and this kid is doing just that. There is no meritocracy on a team like this...it's ball or fall and Damyean is "Dotting" his i's and crossin cats over.

I dropped Super Mario for Dot...:ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dfstout said:

If you go back to last year, in limited time, he put up per-minute beast numbers when afforded the opportunity. Fiz loves the kid and that's saying a lot considering "Dot" (as Fiz calls him) is a Phil Jackson hold over. I think Fiz is looking for someone to take a hold of their opportunity and this kid is doing just that. There is no meritocracy on a team like this...it's ball or fall and Damyean is "Dotting" his i's and crossin cats over.

I dropped Super Mario for Dot...:ph34r:

I am debating if I should do the same and drop Hezonja for this guy. Mario has more "cache" so I am initially reluctant. Any more opinions?

4 minutes ago, FreddieBiccs said:

I am debating if I should do the same and drop Hezonja for this guy. Mario has more "cache" so I am initially reluctant. Any more opinions?

Eye test man... He looks explosive, determined and he's the one ballin, save for THJ and Kanter. I made the choice... I'm happy with it...

1 hour ago, Larsso777 said:

Is this the real deal? Mitchell 2.0?

As a Donny Mitch owner last year, I won't lie, he looks like DM when he was on the come up...I would love it if he was this year's 2 guard on the rise...I'll say this...I'd rather be wrong and drop him next week than right, but playing against him... 

• Like 2

On board. Drop your deadweight for him and see what happens. I hadn't heard of him but been watching highlights..seems to be a confident shooter with no hesitation, bit like Klay that way. Like dfstout said, that knicks squad is looking for someone to really step up outside of kanter and THJ and Dot is the doing that now. 

• Like 2

Just missed out on this kid... hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me.  I have a bad problem following players that I missed and wondering what might have been. Brings unnecessary stress to my life.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Just missed out on this kid... hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me.  I have a bad problem following players that I missed and wondering what might have been. Brings unnecessary stress to my life.

tbh, if that's your team on the bottom of your post, you really have no one you can drop currently...no stress!:rolleyes:

Edited by dfstout

My drop was Pau Gasol.

Let's see what's what. If the Knicks do what they always do, back to the wire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Isn't Dotson just (temporarily) getting PT on the second unit since Mario is starting in place of Knox? I'm thinking once Knox comes back in a week or two, Dotson will be relegated back to the third string/bench.

21 minutes ago, Boner said:

Isn't Dotson just (temporarily) getting PT on the second unit since Mario is starting in place of Knox? I'm thinking once Knox comes back in a week or two, Dotson will be relegated back to the third string/bench.

So actually Mario isn't starting, nor was Knox...it was after Knox went down (which now looks like minimum til Turkey Day) that Dot started becoming reliable for Fiz in an über bench role..its worth a shot to see him keep it going...Luck is made when individuals sieze their opportunity...Dot may start or keep 30 mins...sign him on the Dotted line...

• Like 1

I worry about these flash in the pan games that makes everyone run to pick them up, just to end up dropping someone with better long-term value i.e all the people that rushed to pick up Boban, myself included. 

This guy seems legit. Has a smooth 3 point stroke, rebounds very well for a guard and has stock potential. If he has a productive game against the Warriors tomorrow he won’t be on the wire in competitive leagues. Dropped Hood for him as reference, low risk high reward potential. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Judicious said:

I worry about these flash in the pan games that makes everyone run to pick them up, just to end up dropping someone with better long-term value i.e all the people that rushed to pick up Boban, myself included. 

I worry about those who ignore signs of a breakout to keep players who have assuredly mediocre rest-of-season value. i.e. all the people that did not rush to pick up (INSERT LAST YEAR'S BREAKOUT PICKUP HERE), myself not included.

Edited by Roto4500
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Judicious said:

meh. people can add him, he's had multiple impressive games

16 minutes ago, Judicious said:

I say Google his highlights from last night...or his last three games...he's ascending... his highlights aren't just highlights, its just called "game footage", kids just good...

2 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

Knox coming back will kill his value most likely

Don’t they play different positions? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

Knox coming back will kill his value most likely

nah, if he keeps playing like this, he will get regular playing time \

knox coming back is going to hurt Mario, not Dotson...This kid has been igniting us while Mario seems lost out there...we need someone who can score and give energy...both of which Dot is doing.... i also dropped mario for this kid....

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Judicious said:

You need to think about changing your viewpoint on this. I drafted D Mitchell in 12th last year, and let him go when he started slowly. I immediately picked him up after that one game where he flashed all his talents... I was lucky to get him back. Ended last year with J Allen, LeVert, J Hart, for a while had Biyombo wrecking shop, and there are 1-2 I'm forgetting off the top of my head [ED: Kyle Anderson!]. You can build champions off the wire, by that I mean you can take a top third team and elevate it to a dominant team. But feel free to keep your opinion unchanged, we all thank you.

Edited by rando
  • Like 3