Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Members_Only_76

Trade Vetoed!

Bad trade (not mine), but veto?

PPR league.

JuJu Smith-Schuster

Joe Mixon

Patrick Mahomes

Jordan Reed 

for 

Alvin Kamara

Tarik Cohen

that looks like a trade made to look reasonable.  ive never been a commish but if team B had a bad record, i might veto that one.

19 minutes ago, Scott3705 said:

that looks like a trade made to look reasonable.  ive never been a commish but if team B had a bad record, i might veto that one.

So you think the second team made the bad trade??? Honestly I team two is getting the better end of the deal.

Another trade that looks even to me... More Vetos to stop teams from having harder teams to beat in the playoffs... It's a growing trend to cry foul and cheat the team that drafted more overall value from cashing in their bench value for a better starter set.

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

So you think the second team made the bad trade??? Honestly I team two is getting the better end of the deal.

yea.  guess that makes it even?  it looks pretty bad to me.  looks like kamara got thrown in to make it respectable.   

wow extremely lopsided... but who knows maybe the guy giving up mahomes and juju is a taco lol

1 hour ago, Scott3705 said:

yea.  guess that makes it even?  it looks pretty bad to me.  looks like kamara got thrown in to make it respectable.   

The second team would be sending Kamara.  So I we are thinking on the same line.  The second team getting a top 10 RB, Top 15 WR, the top QB and a top 6 TE is getting the much better end of the deal.  Though with Cohen playing like a top RB these days I don't know if I would veto it.

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

The second team would be sending Kamara.  So I we are thinking on the same line.  The second team getting a top 10 RB, Top 15 WR, the top QB and a top 6 TE is getting the much better end of the deal.  Though with Cohen playing like a top RB these days I don't know if I would veto it.

As an owner of Reed in every league, he is very far from a top 6 TE .

Trade is fine though.

That was a good deal next year join a new league where no vetos are allowed, and every deal happens. 

2 hours ago, youngrice said:

If you ignore the second team is giving up arguably the 2nd or 3rd best RB in fantasy, assets like that don't come cheap.  Guys like Gurley, Barkley, or Karama are definitely worth the QB1 and a bunch of starter quality but not elite skill players.  Assets like that don't come cheap. Whoever said Kamara was a throw-in must have meant Cohen was the throw-in. Cohen is having a good run but might not even be startable by the time the fantasy playoffs roll around. 

3 hours ago, youngrice said:

I'm not commenting on the rest but Reed is not a Top 6 TE!!!!!!!

Have to chime in one more time here.  Im usually against these vetoes, but this really does seem like collusion to me.

Kamara is rest of season number 3 and mixon 9 on fanatasy pros ppr rankings. 5 and 8 in nonppr.  (I honestly think thats high for kamara and dont think heis at the same level as the elite 4, so for me, mixon and kamara are their only little mini tier.)

Then for cohen, you get the best fantasy qb out there and a fringe wr1thats getting drafted probably a full 2 rounds higher.

Said another way, you are exchanging a 1st and 4th rd pick for a 1st, 2rd, and 4th.

Collusion doesnt necessarily need to look totally stupid.   It doesnt work if you make it obvious. The team getting kamara probably has the losing record i would think.  I actually dont mind the league vetoing this one.

I'm not a fan of vetoing trades.  Many trades you may not agree with but the manager is honestly trying to improve his team.  Both sides are improving at different positions.  I'd let it go.

Assuming the team giving up Mahomes has a viable option at QB (and these days it's hard NOT too), I'm alright with this deal. Definitely NOT vetoable. 

2 hours ago, Teedy333 said:

I'm not commenting on the rest but Reed is not a Top 6 TE!!!!!!!

Ok great I honestly don't own Reed in any leagues and have not paid attention.  But thank you for the 8 exclamation points.  They did alot.

1 hour ago, Scott3705 said:

Have to chime in one more time here.  Im usually against these vetoes, but this really does seem like collusion to me.

Kamara is rest of season number 3 and mixon 9 on fanatasy pros ppr rankings. 5 and 8 in nonppr.  (I honestly think thats high for kamara and dont think heis at the same level as the elite 4, so for me, mixon and kamara are their only little mini tier.)

Then for cohen, you get the best fantasy qb out there and a fringe wr1thats getting drafted probably a full 2 rounds higher.

Said another way, you are exchanging a 1st and 4th rd pick for a 1st, 2rd, and 4th.

Collusion doesnt necessarily need to look totally stupid.   It doesnt work if you make it obvious. The team getting kamara probably has the losing record i would think.  I actually dont mind the league vetoing this one.

Honestly I don't think this is a smart trade but a trade doesn't have to be smart to be ok.  You don't veto trades to protect dumb owners.  

I think JuJu/Mixon for Kamara/Cohen is pretty even but favoring Kamara a bit.  It's like getting the #1 QB for free!

30 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Ok great I honestly don't own Reed in any leagues and have not paid attention.  But thank you for the 8 exclamation points.  They did alot.

You're welcome, hope they did as much for you as your sarcasm did for me.  If you're not paying attention how are stating he's a top 6 TE? Maybe only speak on things you know about!!!!!!!!!!!  (since you like em so much)

4 minutes ago, Teedy333 said:

You're welcome, hope they did as much for you as your sarcasm did for me.  If you're not paying attention how are stating he's a top 6 TE? Maybe only speak on things you know about!!!!!!!!!!!  (since you like em so much)

continue with the exclamation points guy.  Hope it makes you feel important using them about the least important guy in the trade.  Congrats on pointing it out so emphatically for the throw in.  Maybe give him some advice on the guys that matter in the trade if you can. Oh I forgot to add!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  Now I'm important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, youngrice said:

continue with the exclamation points guy.  Hope it makes you feel important using them about the least important guy in the trade.  Congrats on pointing it out so emphatically for the throw in.  Maybe give him some advice on the guys that matter in the trade if you can. Oh I forgot to add!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  Now I'm important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're defensive because you're wrong, Guy. Who wants advice from someone who acknowledges they don't know what they're talking about?  Pretend it's about the exclamation points and deflect all you want. I couldn't care less, it's not that deep.   

1 minute ago, Teedy333 said:

You're defensive because you're wrong, Guy. Who wants advice from someone who acknowledges they don't know what they're talking about?  Pretend it's about the exclamation points and deflect all you want. I couldn't care less, it's not that deep.   

The only thing you have talked about is Reed the most worthless part of the trade.   How have you given any advice besides been the king of the exclamation points.