Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kramer

Gurley!???!?!!!

Ha, yeah, he took a pitch from about the 15 or so, clear path to the endzone...pulled up at the two and took himself down....i guess, i shouldnt be greedy, i mean, neez, he dominated, like always...but, damn....still sucks

Gurley took a knee basically at the 2 yard line so that his team could run the clock (instead of scoring a TD and allowing the possibility of green bay geting the ball back and having a miracle play). In retrospect, he could have scored it wouldnt have mattered.. still wouldnt have been enough time on the clock for Green bay to get a touchdown and a field goal

Technically had he scored and had the Rams missed the extra point, Green Bay would have had 1:00 left to try and score a TD + 2-pt convert to tie the game. But yeah, I think if I were him I still would have ran it in anyway. Because the odds of missing a PAT and all that happening are probably just as likely as Gurley fumbling the ball by letting someone tackle him vs taking it in for the easy TD. So might as well add the TD to the stats.

Nevertheless, the guy still had nearly 200 yards, a TD, and a 2 pt convert on the day. If you lost your matchup, he was not the reason why.

I’m surprised so many gamblers were offended by that.  It’s pretty standard to take a knee and run the clock out.  Only an idiot would run that in.  

Gurley showed what type of player and person he is by putting the good of the team over his stats. I think it's a great message for a star like him to put out there instead of the usual BS that we get from guys like ODB and Bell. Bravo.

5 hours ago, Tasandmnm said:

Gurley showed what type of player and person he is by putting the good of the team over his stats. I think it's a great message for a star like him to put out there instead of the usual BS that we get from guys like ODB and Bell. Bravo.

Shady did this a few years and is a scumbag. This has no reflection on character.

17 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

Technically had he scored and had the Rams missed the extra point, Green Bay would have had 1:00 left to try and score a TD + 2-pt convert to tie the game. But yeah, I think if I were him I still would have ran it in anyway. Because the odds of missing a PAT and all that happening are probably just as likely as Gurley fumbling the ball by letting someone tackle him vs taking it in for the easy TD. So might as well add the TD to the stats.

Well, going down is the right football decision. It takes another 40 seconds off the clock, and leaves there only one remaining play for Goff to take a knee and game over.

While the odds are low of the Packers coming back and winning, the right move is not to give them a chance.

The funniest thing is that my wife and I were watching the game, and I said "I can't wait... I know there's going to be someone on the fantasy football board that is going to lose it because that decision was the difference between winning or losing his matchup." And Poof! About 20 minutes later I could show her this thread...