Flyman75

Franmil Reyes 2019 Outlook

Dropping another player I don't want to drop because I believe this guy will have a really big year :( please don't let me down!

Edited by hangin n wangin

4 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Dropping another player I don't want to drop because I believe this guy will have a really big year :( please don't let me down!

Who

27 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Josh Bell. :( 

Yikes, I wouldn't do that. You must have a stacked team if Bell and Reyes are on the chopping block. Gotta be another bum you can drop instead. 

But we're spiraling into bench coach territory, so back to Reyes..... I've read at least 5 articles saying he's a buy low/hold/be patient candidate. Most of them listing very few players, but the Franimal seems to be consistently on every one of those types of articles. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

Yikes, I wouldn't do that. You must have a stacked team if Bell and Reyes are on the chopping block. Gotta be another bum you can drop instead. 

But we're spiraling into bench coach territory, so back to Reyes..... I've read at least 5 articles saying he's a buy low/hold/be patient candidate. Most of them listing very few players, but the Franimal seems to be consistently on every one of those types of articles. 

It's because he's giving quality at bats and smoking the ball. 

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Kept onto Gregory polanco and let franimal go. I think you made the right move although bell is solid

1 hour ago, mavsfan23 said:

Didn’t do it. Dropped Neris since it’s saves/holds lol you scared me. Anyway, let’s go Franmil. 

• Like 1

Don’t Give Up On Franmil Reyes

I understand that the playing time in the Padres outfield has been… well flat out annoying. They simply have too many options and outside of Wil Myers, no one is guaranteed playing time. However, Reyes has by far the biggest positive difference in actual slugging percent (.488) and expected Slugging (.811), good for a difference of -.323. The closest to him is Jordy Mercer, surprisingly, who has a -.278 difference between the two. Reyes has a 52.8 percent hard-hit rate and a 47.2 percent flyball rate. The ball is going to leave the ballpark often once he heats up. Oh, and he also has the largest difference between batting average (.220) and expected batting average (.364) of -.144! Stick it out!

https://www.fantrax.com/news/mlb/fantasy-columns/vh22ba3gjujm38c2

Edited by nlm
  • Like 1

Need other stuff so I have to drop again.   I’m just going to stash Sano. Same type of player IMO. Love the potential, though.

4 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Need other stuff so I have to drop again.   I’m just going to stash Sano. Same type of player IMO. Love the potential, though.

I don't know why you would stash Sano over Franmil, though. Sano has such a bigger roadblock at the moment...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Actually not at all the same type of player.  Franmil has much higher contact rates and not even close.  Franmil's average will rise once his BAPIP stabilizes.

5 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Actually not at all the same type of player.  Franmil has much higher contact rates and not even close.  Franmil's average will rise once his BAPIP stabilizes.

Their upside is pretty similar in fantasy in my opinion, but I’ll just leave it at that. Love Franmil, but I have have other needs on my roster so he’s just a recent victim. I’m not saying Sano will be as good, simply just trying to stash a similar replacement to make the loss feel a bit better.

6 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Yeah Franmil's AVG floor is about Sano's AVG ceiling. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kramjam24 said:

I'm about to dump this guy and pick up Clint Frazier 

I would have done that already actually, and that would even be taking into account actually believing all the experts saying he's about to go nuts.

Make me believe, Franmil.  Until then, I'll be waiting with you on my bench.

1 hour ago, Kramjam24 said:

I'm about to dump this guy and pick up Clint Frazier 

Why haven't you yet?  With Judge now injured too he looks to be a Yankee regular for a long time now.

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

Why not both Reyes and Frazier? Have some fun with it

Because he didn't give the option?  I dunno... 😀

Seriously though, I'd just pick up Frazier and move on.  I don't care about all of the Statcast crap in this regard when a player is hitting under .200.  Like I said earlier, make me believe, Franmil.  Until then, I want nothing to do with a guy who simply isn't producing and hasn't done anything yet in his career to deserve every expert using the Statcast stats as an excuse for a guy simply not producing.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Because he didn't give the option?  I dunno... 😀

Seriously though, I'd just pick up Frazier and move on.  I don't care about all of the Statcast crap in this regard when a player is hitting under .200.  Like I said earlier, make me believe, Franmil.  Until then, I want nothing to do with a guy who simply isn't producing and hasn't done anything yet in his career to deserve every expert using the Statcast stats as an excuse for a guy simply not producing.

16HR and a .280 avg in 87 games last year, which is in line with his minors numbers. Disregarding the approach and focusing results is a bad idea. That’s how you end up with the Tim Beckham’s of the world on your roster. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

16HR and a .280 avg in 87 games last year, which is in line with his minors numbers. Disregarding the approach and focusing results is a bad idea. That’s how you end up with the Tim Beckham’s of the world on your roster. 

I may be wrong, but for now it'll save me from being extremely disappointed.  We'll see I suppose.

On 4/14/2019 at 8:38 AM, Flyman75 said:

The signs of life are there. He's 5 for his last 16 with 3 HRs. Two encouraging signs to me are that his slashing of his K-rate following his second call-up last season has stuck. Only 7 Ks in 38 ABs is nice to see, as are the 5 BBs. I feel pretty good about him fully turning things around and having a nice season. 

He seems to be dead again. He did have those 5 very good games as you pointed out, the next 5 were ugly. 2-15 with 8 Ks 

21 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

Yeah like that thinking.  Maybe I didn't lose that league last year after all.  Maybe Yahoo just focused on the results instead.

• Haha 2