Flyman75

Franmil Reyes 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, Jtampa813 said:

Ya good point, and everyone put up numbers in that Colorado series... hell, Hosmer had 12 rbi hitting .333 last week lol. So would have been nice to see Reyes in that series, because you are right.. Renfroe wasn’t doing anything that special until last week. 

You're kidding, right? He has the 2nd most HR in all of baseball in the past calendar year with 46, only Yelich (53) has more.

Edited by StevieStats
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

I think if the Padres are serious about competing you don't trade Renfroe, hes on a 5+ WAR pace and has been playing amazing defense as well

its funny as a Padre fan, you wait and wait for a prospect to finally develop, and then when he does, its nothing but trade talk

"Amazing defense" is overselling it a bit, isn't it?

Every cold streak the doubters return like clockwork! haha

im still believing in 40 HRs this year for the Franimal 

32 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

You're kidding, right? He has the 2nd most HR in all of baseball in the past calendar year with 46, only Yelich (53) has more.

I think he was speaking specifically about RBIs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StevieStats said:

Thanks for using MLB network stats. I saw that the other day, I was talking about this season and I was talking about RBI’s and not just home runs. Thanks for your input. 

Edited by Jtampa813

4 hours ago, Jtampa813 said:

Thanks for using MLB network stats. I saw that the other day, I was talking about this season and I was talking about RBI’s and not just home runs. Thanks for your input. 

He's still #2 in HR in the MLB this year and has an RBI every 5.28 PA, which is only par with Cody Bellinger who has an RBI every 5.18 PA... His RBI were only lower due to the time share, hes every bit as productive in the RBI department as the #1 player in fantasy this year.

You're welcome for the facts, glad to bring some levity to Franmil fan club.

Edited by StevieStats
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

I think if the Padres are serious about competing you don't trade Renfroe, hes on a 5+ WAR pace and has been playing amazing defense as well

its funny as a Padre fan, you wait and wait for a prospect to finally develop, and then when he does, its nothing but trade talk

Working on the assumption that they'd only be getting back a cost controlled reality #3 or higher starting pitcher capable of pitching 200 innings...

...Renfroe's trade value will never be higher and now is the time to move him.   With all the outfield depth the Padres have move the guy that can get you the most in return.

But yes,  Reyes needs to improve his D (he actually should drop weight this off-season).

2 hours ago, StevieStats said:

He's still #2 in HR in the MLB this year and has an RBI every 5.28 PA, which is only par with Cody Bellinger who has an RBI every 5.18 PA... His RBI were only lower due to the time share, hes every bit as productive in the RBI department as the #1 player in fantasy this year.

You're welcome for the facts, glad to bring some levity to Franmil fan club.

You can have Franny ... I will take Cody.

IMO It doesn’t matter what kind of stats we want to use Franimal is too inconsistent to sniff most starting fantasy baseball lineups. 

• Like 1

The next fantasy Matt Kemp

Lotta hate in here for a guy killing it at 3/4 time. Some confusion too. FWIW I'm talkin bout Franny. Same applies to Renfroe I guess, but this ain't his thread, is it?

I've got a guy on my 12-teamer roster who's hit 20 homers in 225 ABs by June 19 that I plucked off the free agent list. I'm pretty happy about that.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, shakestreet said:

You can have Franny ... I will take Cody.

IMO It doesn’t matter what kind of stats we want to use Franimal is too inconsistent to sniff most starting fantasy baseball lineups. 

He's the 49th best OF in my league (OPS instead of Avg).  10 teamer?  Sure, maybe not that useful.  But, that's roughly a 4th OF in 12 teamers.  I'd hardly call that "not sniffing" most starting fantasy lineups.

47 minutes ago, bdy1 said:

Lotta hate in here for a guy killing it at 3/4 time. Some confusion too. FWIW I'm talkin bout Franny. Same applies to Renfroe I guess, but this ain't his thread, is it?

Before today’s game

his Last 30 days 15-74  203/277/419 slash line ... that is a 203 batting average !! 

10/5/8 that is only 10 runs scored 5 HRs & only 8 RBIs in the last 30 days 

5 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

He's the 49th best OF in my league (OPS instead of Avg).  10 teamer?  Sure, maybe not that useful.  But, that's roughly a 4th OF in 12 teamers.  I'd hardly call that "not sniffing" most starting fantasy lineups.

I am so glad you are ecstatic over the Franimal.

I know all about the Franny. One thing he is so damn inconsistent. 

Honestly how many times in the last 30 days has this guy been in your starting lineup?

Last 30 days he is ranked #108 best OF ... in a league with BA 

99th in a league with OBP & SLG 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Before today’s game

his Last 30 days 15-74  203/277/419 slash line ... that is a 203 batting average !! 

10/5/8 that is only 10 runs scored 5 HRs & only 8 RBIs in the last 30 days 

Why go by the last 30 days on any player when you pretty much a full season of stats (between last year and this) to go by now??   

Over his first 157 games (482 AB):
BA:.261
Homers 35
OBP .318
Slugging .512
OPS .831

Does that make him a top 50 player?  No but definitely fantasy worthy. 

His runs and rbi's are relatively low however, that has pretty much everything to do with the hitting environment around him.   Still that counts against him.   However, I wonder what would happen if all of a sudden he became the Red Sox dh tomorrow??

You can find a lot of players scuffling over a 30 day time period...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, shakestreet said:

I am so glad you are ecstatic over the Franimal.

I know all about the Franny. One thing he is so damn inconsistent. 

Honestly how many times in the last 30 days has this guy been in your starting lineup?

Last 30 days he is ranked #108 best OF ... in a league with BA 

99th in a league with OBP & SLG 

You don't need to be so extreme.  I'm not "ecstatic" about him.  And he's not unstartable in most formats, as you stated.

Surely there can be some middle ground between the two.

55 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Let me try this again...... 2 bombs today. One cleared 450 feet. 

How many of us actually started him today? Franny seems to have these extended slumps followed by monster games out of nowhere.

14 minutes ago, Stallion said:

How many of us actually started him today? Franny seems to have these extended slumps followed by monster games out of nowhere.

He was on my bench... out of the blue boom!  Not easy to manage inconsistency. 

46 minutes ago, Stallion said:

I see Baltimore is the opposing team, I auto start lol.

I still believe in his talent. Just wish he was more than a 1 CAT guy. 

48 minutes ago, Stallion said:

I started him in a 14man deep roster league. Benched him in a weekly. Dropped him in another last week where my team is stacked lol. I imagine everybody is all over the place similar to me if they played him or not leaning on the not side. 

Now we will all chase the dragon for a week and hope he has another big game. Hopefully hes about to turn it on right now.

I've also heard some rumors that Renfroe could get traded which would obv help.