Flyman75

Franmil Reyes 2019 Outlook

Anyone else find it interesting that both Reyes and Renfroe have been rested for "fatigue" in the past week, coincidentally around the same time of the Kluber trade rumors?  I think one of these guys is trade bait.  Possibly sooner rather than later and it would provide the opportunity for both to get full-time at bats.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Trop said:

Anyone else find it interesting that both Reyes and Renfroe have been rested for "fatigue" in the past week, coincidentally around the same time of the Kluber trade rumors?  I think one of these guys is trade bait.  Possibly sooner rather than later and it would provide the opportunity for both to get full-time at bats.

Seems like nothing more than coincidence to me. But I don't have any info or anything. 

11 minutes ago, The Trop said:

I thought of that too. I also don’t trust the Padres to actually be truthful about injuries either. Reyes is coming off of knee surgery and it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he was having a little soreness and needed a couple days off.

4 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

He could be getting it from RotoChamp and RosterResource, both of which have Renfroe starting and Reyes on the bench. Not saying they're correct...just pointing out that he's not pulling it out of thin air. 

I know where he’s getting it from it’s like none of these places have research teams. As a padre fan I seem to know way more about the team then any of these places. Of course I actually look at simple things like box scores and listen to interviews with coaches and players and follow local beat writers

kinsler-Hosmer-Machado-Reyes-Myers-renfroe(kills bymgarner) Urias-hedges should be the opening day lineup although nothing has been decided on catcher yet 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, meh2 said:

I thought of that too. I also don’t trust the Padres to actually be truthful about injuries either. Reyes is coming off of knee surgery and it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he was having a little soreness and needed a couple days off.

If it’s injury related you don’t have him pinch hitting in the 8th inning of a st game. If he’s getting days off 

Reyes just MASHED a 3 run shot to dead center field at Safeco,  I mean "T-Mobile Park"... was a bomb.  This Padres team could be fun to watch this year. 

• Like 2

yah I was about to post it, it was like an almost accidental swing too, didnt even get extended

I predicted weeks ago, this guy will be the Padres top OF this year, dude is locked in

also Renfroe might as well goto AAA, cause Margot is shredding too

• Like 1

Got a good hitting spot  Clean up Between Machado and Meyer. Bold prediction .280 100-35-100 and I win  all the lgs I have him in which is 3 because he is my MVP. Please!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Will Franmil play every day? I'm trying to decide if I should carry Renfroe or Franmil....

2 minutes ago, mi26 said:

Will Franmil play every day? I'm trying to decide if I should carry Renfroe or Franmil....

That was a hard decision for me too. Opted on Franmil because I feel his ceiling is a bit higher. 

23 minutes ago, mi26 said:

I think both are good. HQ really liked what Renfroe did at the end of last season and put upside on him at 270 40 bombs, but it's hard to argue with what Franmil has done too. Someone is certainly getting boned out of playing time until there's an injury. Someone will be an amazing sleeper next year. 

48 minutes ago, mi26 said:

if its those 2 and you haven't read this thread, you need to

Franimal >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Renfroe

The Padres outfield is really looking like a PIA unless something definitive happens. Franmil, Renfore, Myers, Margot, and Franchy all getting playing time. I don't think this is going to be agreeable with my weekly lineups when there are more sure things available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GrapeJuice said:

The Padres outfield is really looking like a PIA unless something definitive happens. Franmil, Renfore, Myers, Margot, and Franchy all getting playing time. I don't think this is going to be agreeable with my weekly lineups when there are more sure things available.

Agreed. I own him in a weekly as well and worried he's gonna get too many days off that'll squash his value in that format. SDP needs to move Renfroe.

Edited by fletch44

2 hours ago, mi26 said:

That’s what everyone is trying to figure out and the answer will be unknown until the season starts and we see the line up. 

44 minutes ago, GrapeJuice said:

I like them all!

but unfortunately it looks like I am going to have to stay away unless I can get them really cheap

4 hours ago, mi26 said:

In the leagues I got Franmil I also picked up Renfroe. I like the idea of having both of them. They cost what a backup OF costs so its not a huge price to pay. Both should get enough playing time to have stand alone value and both have potential to break out if an injury occurs. Out of Myers, Renfroe, Reyes, and Margot, they are all ownable. Only guy I have stayed away from is Franchy to this point.

I'm rolling with this guy for the next 10 days. So nervous.

Welcome to Second Guess City, Population: ME!

46 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

Batting cleanup - Renfroe sitting. Woo-hooo !

Franmil kills leftys so this is kinda expected, and tomorrow they face Holland, another lefty.. Let's see how the l/u looks vs a righty....I kinda expect to see him sitting for Renfroe, but we'll see..lots of mouths to feed, so things might not settle for a minute..

1 minute ago, FISH ON said:

Franmil kills leftys so this is kinda expected, and tomorrow they face Holland, another lefty.. Let's see how the l/u looks vs a righty....I kinda expect to see him sitting for Renfroe, but we'll see..lots of mouths to feed, so things might not settle for a minute..

Hunter for his career has mashed lefties as well ( although last year he was pretty split neutral). I thought they'd find a way to get him in there versus the lefty too.

1 hour ago, fletch44 said:

Hunter for his career has mashed lefties as well ( although last year he was pretty split neutral). I thought they'd find a way to get him in there versus the lefty too.

He's also hit Bumgarner well.  Obv, small sample, but 5/13 - 2HR - 2/2B - 2K.  As a Reyes Owner, happy Renfroe is sitting though.

Not a good start...I think we see Renfoe tomorrow