tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 9

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 9

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 9 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

15 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

I honestly have no clue on this one at this point...

In standard, Valdez-Scantling @ NE, Devante Parker vs. Jets, or Tre'Quan Smith vs. Rams?

Maybe parker... more targets than the other two

Pick 3 flex PPR please 

T.Cohen at BUF

M.Ingram vs LAR

C.Sutton @ HOU

J.Brown @ PIT

So basically which one would you bench 

Question #1 - Pick one option:
1. Start Ridley @ WAS (1:00pm ET) if Michel isn't cleared to go before this time.
2. Start Sutton vs HOU (4:05pm ET) if Michel isn't cleared to go before this time.
3. Put in Michel vs GB (8:20pm ET) and wait until his status is certain. If he can't go start one of Hogan vs GB, C. Patterson vs GB, or M. Gallup vs TEN (Pick one).

Question #2 - Pick one option:
1. Start V. McDonald @ BAL (1:00pm ET) if Gronk isn't cleared to go before this time.

2. Start B. Watson vs LAR (4:25pm ET) if Gronk isn't cleared to go before this time.
3. Put in Gronk vs GB (8:20pm ET) and wait until his status is certain. If he can't go start one of D. Allen vs GB, DAL TE vs TEN, or TEN TE vs DAL (Pick one).

16 hours ago, Crash Davis said:

Tre’quan Smith or D.J. Moore? 

13 hours ago, Broncos132 said:

Sutton or MVS in PPR?

13 hours ago, STEVEfromLA said:

I’m in bye week hell and Edelman is questionable. 

If if I have to who do you play in Standard?

Marquez Valdez- Scantling @ NE (3 great weeks in a row looking like the number 2 WR) or

Courtland Sutton vs HOU (inherited that number 2 spot with the DT trade and increased looks)

13 hours ago, STEVEfromLA said:

Lol. Well looks like we are asking the same thing except Standard and PPR

MVS or Sutton

8 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

MVS or Tre'Quan Smith at Flex in a half PPR league? 

53 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

In standard, Valdez-Scantling @ NE, Devante Parker vs. Jets, or Tre'Quan Smith vs. Rams?

A lot of these overlap, so I'm just going to try to tackle them all at once.

1. Edelman vs GB - Should be a shootout. I'm not too worried about his status.
2. Sutton vs HOU - Should be elevated with DT out. Has looked good in the last few weeks.
3. MVS @ NE - Should be a shootout. A little concerned about his targets if Cobb is good to go through (which is looking like he will be).
4. D.J. Moore vs TB - Good matchup, production has increased. I just don't feel as good about his as the guys above.
5. Tre'Quan Smith vs LAR - WR2 on a good offense, but I still feel like it's be M. Thomas / Kamara / Ingram's shw and that Tre'Quan will be an afterthought. And they are going up against the Rams.
6. D. Parker vs NYJ - Not a fan of the MIA offense. Parker looked good last week, but put him on the bench this week and reassess next week.

14 hours ago, ImthenewGoff said:

My RB spot: Crowell or Chubb (after the new OC using air raid offense)

And my Last Flex spots (2) and can include the unused rb from above:

Enunwa( vs MIA), Humphries( vs Car),  D Parker.( VS NYJ), Higgins( VS KC), and Robinson( vs DET)

14 team 1 point ppr: Golladay is a lock in my wr 

EDIT: 3 flex spots available and one spot a position is the format 

Chubb, Crowell, and ARob.

3 hours ago, TT215 said:

Full Pt PPR Help

WR Flex

Start E Sanders vs Hou or Juju vs Bal?

RB Flex

Was no doubt going to start Lat Murray until Cook news who I also own. No idea how this plays out.

Start one of L Murray/D Cook or M Ingram?

JuJu, Ingram.

2 hours ago, mongidig said:

Chubb against KC or Cohen against Bills

Chubb if standard, Cohen if PPR.

3 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Taylor gabriel or mvs? Only problem is i already have a jones and Jimmy Graham 

The good news is they are all playing against NE in what will be a shootout.

I'd go MVS.

• Like 1

On the fence in Standard league.

Nick Chubb or Aaron Jones?

My other RB is Gurley.

I love both but also think Jones could breakout tonight in a barnburner. On the other hand, Chubb could go off as well with a new HC and OC.

1. Start Ridley @ WAS (1:00pm ET) if Michel isn't cleared to go before this time.
2. Start Sutton vs HOU (4:05pm ET) if Michel isn't cleared to go before this time.
3. Put in Michel vs GB (8:20pm ET) and wait until his status is certain. If he can't go start one of Hogan vs GB, C. Patterson vs GB, or M. Gallup vs TEN (Pick one).

1. Start V. McDonald @ BAL (1:00pm ET) if Gronk isn't cleared to go before this time.

2. Start B. Watson vs LAR (4:25pm ET) if Gronk isn't cleared to go before this time.
3. Put in Gronk vs GB (8:20pm ET) and wait until his status is certain. If he can't go start one of D. Allen vs GB, DAL TE vs TEN, or TEN TE vs DAL (Pick one).

48 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

Pick 3 flex PPR please 

T.Cohen at BUF

M.Ingram vs LAR

C.Sutton @ HOU

J.Brown @ PIT

I'd sit Sutton. I like the other 3 options and think you can afford to give Sutton a week to show us what he can do.

24 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Taylor gabriel or mvs? Only problem is i already have a jones and Jimmy Graham 

MVS. Nothing wrong with having a bunch of players on a good offense.

14 minutes ago, jeffr913 said:

Full ppr

Amari cooper or

DJ moore

Amari. I'm a believer that he immediately becomes their WR1 and think he will improve DAL's passing game.

10 minutes ago, Vancouverite91 said:

Dj Moore vs Bucs or Kenny G vs Vikings

Golladay. With Tate out him and Marvin will be relied upon a bit more. Tough matchup, but still the better WR.

@Shortnphat I think I'd go Chubb. Tough decision as I do think it'll be a shootout, but GB has been reluctant to unleash A. Jones. I think until he has a true breakout game I'd go Chubb.

Edited by Idoolittle
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Idoolittle said:

I'd sit Sutton. I like the other 3 options and think you can afford to give Sutton a week to show us what he can do.

MVS. Nothing wrong with having a bunch of players on a good offense.

Amari. I'm a believer that he immediately becomes their WR1 and think he will improve DAL's passing game.

Golladay. With Tate out him and Marvin will be relied upon a bit more. Tough matchup, but still the better WR.

I like Sutton & Watson here

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/731586-nfl-startsit-thread-2018-week-9/?do=findComment&comment=8237425

• Thanks 1

Half PPR...Please pick 2:

Dalvin Cook vs. DET

Austin Ekeler @ SEA

Mike Davis vs SD (if Carson is ruled out)

Devonte Booker vs. HOU

Tre'Quan Smith vs LAR

Marquez Valdes-Scantling @ NE

34 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

Honestly I wouldn't trust either of your NE options today - and I know that hurts because it should be a good game, but I just don't trust either to be effective this week. 

That being said, between Sutton/Ridley I'd probably go with whichever you think has the best opportunity to score a touchdown. Sutton's a good RZ target but it's his first game as a WR1 whereas Ridley should have some openings with Norman draping Julio. Maybe Sutton just because the Texans secondary is so atrocious. 

Q2 is an easy Vance for me. Watson hasn't done anything of note, and McDonald should have a decent floor especially with TE being a weaker spot in the Ravens Defense. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

On the fence in Standard league.

Nick Chubb or Aaron Jones?

My other RB is Gurley.

I love both but also think Jones could breakout tonight in a barnburner. On the other hand, Chubb could go off as well with a new HC and OC.

Chubb for me.  But I think it's a coin flip.  You should be fine especially having Gurley at RB1.

Start Watson or FitzMagic?  I benched Watson last week (thankfully still won) and I'm not entirely convinced he's back yet.  Especially at Mile High and DT88 probably not on the same page yet.

Fitz just seems like a no brainer start but who knows.  

48 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

Half PPR...Please pick 2:

Dalvin Cook vs. DET

Austin Ekeler @ SEA

Mike Davis vs SD (if Carson is ruled out)

Devonte Booker vs. HOU

Tre'Quan Smith vs LAR

Marquez Valdes-Scantling @ NE

MVS and Ekeler. Can't really go with Cook yet given his uncertain workload. Carson is likely to play, don't really like Booker, and I'd play MVS or Tre'Quan.

35 minutes ago, blacryan said:

Pick 3

Calvin Ridley 

Randall Cobb

Doug Baldwin 

Mark Ingram 

Tyrell Williams

Full PPR

Ingram, Ridley, Baldwin. Tyrell doesn't get enough volume and tough to tell what volume Cobb will get coming off an injury. I feel like SEA has to involved Baldwin more this week.

28 minutes ago, Neptune said:

Kenny Golladay or Kerryon Johnson in full pt PPR?

In full PPR hard to go with the RB over the WR. I'd go Golladay.

21 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Start Watson or FitzMagic?  I benched Watson last week (thankfully still won) and I'm not entirely convinced he's back yet.  Especially at Mile High and DT88 probably not on the same page yet.

Fitz just seems like a no brainer start but who knows.  

I'd say Fitz is far from a no brainer start. He's had a career of being inconsistent. He's shown moments of brilliance where you're wondering why he's not a starting QB, then he's had moment that make you question why he's even a backup QB in the NFL. Really tough to tell whether Fitzmagic or Fitztragic will show up. I don't mind going with Fitz if you don't have another decent QB option, but that's far from the case here. Watson should be treated as a high-end QB1. Yes, he's had some bad games. But he's had a lot more good than bad. Even if he still needs to get used to DT, he still has Nuk and Coutee to throw too. Plus he puts up rushing yards and it's unlikely he'll be pulled at half time even if he plays bad (can't say the same about Fitz). So I think Watson is the easy choice here.

• Thanks 1

Help Please! Pick 2 of 3 for flex

J Brown,

K Allen

C Sutton 

*team sig updated now

Edited by docdoa
update signature

1 hour ago, timbrah_ho said:

Pick 3 flex PPR please 

T.Cohen at BUF

M.Ingram vs LAR

C.Sutton @ HOU

J.Brown @ PIT

So basically which one would you bench 

Cohen, J Brown, & Sutton.

3 minutes ago, docdoa said:

J Brown,

K Allen

C Sutton 

*team is in sig but missing a few changes 

I'm going to say allen and brown... but i like sutton, scantling and dj moore this week. Especially with Keenan's results thus far.

5 minutes ago, docdoa said:

J Brown,

K Allen

C Sutton 

*team is in sig but missing a few changes 

Allen & Brown

13 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

MVS and Ekeler. Can't really go with Cook yet given his uncertain workload. Carson is likely to play, don't really like Booker, and I'd play MVS or Tre'Quan.

Ingram, Ridley, Baldwin. Tyrell doesn't get enough volume and tough to tell what volume Cobb will get coming off an injury. I feel like SEA has to involved Baldwin more this week.

In full PPR hard to go with the RB over the WR. I'd go Golladay.

I'd say Fitz is far from a no brainer start. He's had a career of being inconsistent. He's shown moments of brilliance where you're wondering why he's not a starting QB, then he's had moment that make you question why he's even a backup QB in the NFL. Really tough to tell whether Fitzmagic or Fitztragic will show up. I don't mind going with Fitz if you don't have another decent QB option, but that's far from the case here. Watson should be treated as a high-end QB1. Yes, he's had some bad games. But he's had a lot more good than bad. Even if he still needs to get used to DT, he still has Nuk and Coutee to throw too. Plus he puts up rushing yards and it's unlikely he'll be pulled at half time even if he plays bad (can't say the same about Fitz). So I think Watson is the easy choice here.

If Gronk is out, roll with Hogan. If not wanting Hogan, Sutton is my next choice. 

Watson. If Gronk out, Brady looks to White, Edelman, Gordon. & Hogan. Good luck!

• Thanks 1