Sign in to follow this  
brockpapersizer

Kevin Gausman 2019 Outlook

7 hours ago, Call me Red said:

He's been dropped in my league.  I don't know where he goes from here but I think there's some upside.

The most upside!  I don't think pitcherlist is the be all end all for rankings, but I do like that they are updated every week with thought put into them.  Currentlly Gausman is ranked 47 for pitchers.  Seems like worth owning in any league where you aren't just streaming all your SP spots. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2019 at 10:12 AM, tonywow said:

What do you guys think so far and ROS ?

He's pitched well and like others I think being in the NL and on a good team he has the stuff to have a good season. Seems to have more picked up where he left off last year for ATL. 

At seasons end I see a guy with an era in the mid to upper 3's, with a 1.2ish whip, and maybe 8 K/9.   

7 hours ago, Call me Red said:

He's been dropped in my league.  I don't know where he goes from here but I think there's some upside.

He should be owned in just about every league.  I suggest you pick him up.

Didnt seem to have it last night although didnt have great command either, some things could have broken differently. 

First and 3rd Situation, Beuelher attempting to bunt, not a suicide squeeze so if executed well could of gotten out of the inning with out there and then get the leadoff guy, instead McCann had passed ball on Buehler bunt attempt.  

Another weird play, bases loaded 1-out, Taylor after long at bat loops one into LF, Seager got bad read or they dec'd him and had him forced at 3B, but both Donaldson and Swanson went to the bag, Swanson caught the ball coming in from LF but he was not on the base.  Should of been force out fielders choice at 3B instead of a hit for out No.2 then next batter flew out to CF should of ended the inning, instead bases remain juiced and that flyball scored runner on sac fly.  

Why is he not throwing his slider this year? Looks like he's just throwing his 4 seam and split finger almost exclusively. Don't love a 2 pitch Starter without a breaking ball.

You have to have patience to own this guy.  He'll look so mediocre and his stats will frustrate you, and then suddenly he'll run off a nice stretch where he pitches to his potential.  He's a long game type guy.  You put him in and figure at the end of the year his numbers will be X.  I said above that I see a guy with an era in the mid to upper 3's, with a 1.2ish whip, and maybe 8+ K/9.    A lower whip than that is possible too. 

3 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

any thoughts on him going forward...was just dropped in my 13 team roto league

Top 60ish pitcher. Figure out how many starters should be owned in  your league. If its a lot higher, pick him up.

He's never going to be a front end arm, but he should definitely be owned in your league.  He's a solid depth piece in a rotation, with a high floor. 

Anyone streaming today vs Washington? 

1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

Anyone streaming today vs Washington? 

Yep. Matchup looks good.

I'm rolling him out there.  Washington has a solid lineup but so do the Braves.  I think he can catch a W against Sanchez.  I'm hoping 3 ER or less with 6+ IP.

4 hours ago, cizastro said:

I'm rolling him out there.  Washington has a solid lineup but so do the Braves.  I think he can catch a W against Sanchez.  I'm hoping 3 ER or less with 6+ IP.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Posted (edited)

He could go scoreless the next 90 IP, and I won’t bat an eye lash at that rage drop.  

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 7

Watching the braves game right now and the local broadcast is talking about how they think he might get moved to the pen. 

16 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

Watching the braves game right now and the local broadcast is talking about how they think he might get moved to the pen. 

Isn't Gausman's thing to get kicked around for 2-3 months, then wreck everyone with his magic splitter thereafter? 

Did he use those 2 new pitches he added and if so were they effective?

Just wanna say I know the final line looks good but his pitches got crushed. He had a lot of outs on balls hit over 100mph. Not really saying anything bad here, just a heads up for those who couldn’t see. 

49 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Just wanna say I know the final line looks good but his pitches got crushed. He had a lot of outs on balls hit over 100mph. Not really saying anything bad here, just a heads up for those who couldn’t see. 

i think that was the case early on but once he got going i didn't see him get hit that hard

there is absolute garbage on my WW and dying for pitching......ready for another ride with Gausman...hoping the time off and adding the new pitches helps....he had a nice start to the season before the wheels fell off....worth a shot