FF4life

Adam Humphries 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, FF4life said:

Panthers struggle versus slot receivers.

Does Humphries play in the slot?

Yes.

I added him to 2 of my 3 teams. Not hoping for a lot, but he seems to get looks. Yes, he came alive more with Winston. I think Fitz likes to look downfield more. But I figure Fitz is a smart guy...he'll want to use all his options after seeing how Winston used him.

21 hours ago, whatthef said:

Felt like Fitzpatrick didn’t look for him as much, he started getting decent games once Winston took over 

Correct. 

I think he received only 1 target once Fitz came in

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FF4life said:

I should have went with my gut and started Humphries.

I did! If you want pics for proof than I could show some?

#1 Waiver Wire Pickup this week?

I think so.

He has become the safety valve of the Bucs Air Raid offense.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FF4life said:

I think so.

Yeah I don't see it. Hes been there all year. The offense is loaded with weapons in Evans, DJax, Godwin, Howard, Brate, and him. Good luck getting any consistency out of this guy.

9 minutes ago, FF4life said:

I think so.

Waste of a pickup. Fluke game against a team that is bad covering slot, as OP said. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Waste of a pickup. Fluke game against a team that is bad covering slot, as OP said. 

He had 7 catches for 76 yards the prior week.

5 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Yeah I don't see it. Hes been there all year. The offense is loaded with weapons in Evans, DJax, Godwin, Howard, Brate, and him. Good luck getting any consistency out of this guy.

He had 7 catches 76 yards the prior week.

I'm tempted after seeing this humdinger.

But of course that was a season high snap % for him. 

Week 9: 82% snaps

Week 4 was the bears game where Fitz got yanked at halftime, week 8 the game Jameis got benched whenever that was, I wanna say late 3rd/4th q?

Here are each weeks snap % + Targets/Catches/Yards/Td's

Week 1 67% 5/3/27/0

Week 2 50% 2/1/8/0

Week 3 72% 5/3/30/0

Week 4 78% 7/6/36/0

Week 5 bye

Week 6 77% 4/3/82/0

Week 7 60% 9/4/37/0

Week 8 70% 10/7/76/0

Week 9 82% 8/8/82/2

In wk 9, he also had a 7 yd rush and two punt returns for 15 yds, so he's also returning punts which adds the small chance of producing a return TD at some point

The easy take is that this is an outlier game but you can see a trend weeks 7-9 in more targets...but yeah the guy's really only a deep league add right? Unless he has like 12+ ppr next week or something

If you look at the replies to the Levitan tweet you can see where people said that the Bucs were targeting Munnerlyn in the slot, also Godwin missed some of the game with an ankle issue but apparently Hump was balling even before that.

Edited by Cotton Jones

I think people are seriously sleeping on this guy.

He is very valuable moving forward in PPR leagues.

1) Bucs are an Air Raid offense

2) They're always playing from behind

3) Humphries has become the safety valve

• Like 1

9, 10 & 8 targets over the last three weeks. In a pass happy offense. With Fitzmagic back at the helm. 

Hmmm...

Scooped off waivers. Stashing but he has potential moving forward in ppr. Hope Fitz keeps peppering him with targets. 

Do we see him having a stronger ROS than someone like Godwin?

Is the pecking order now - Evans, Jackson, Humphries, Godwin/Howard?

Early in the season it had seemed like Godwin may have been flirting with that 2nd WR position

Re-draft...sure he is a pick-up and stash/play, but IMHO in dynasty, Godwin is the one to own behind Evans, not Humphries. *banking on DJax not returning next season, or being passed over on the depth chart by Godwin. :shrug:

Just got him off waivers, and plugging in due to Diggs injury/BYE week. Loving the usage over the past few weeks.. hopefully the trend continues upward!

6 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Re-draft...sure he is a pick-up and stash/play, but IMHO in dynasty, Godwin is the one to own behind Evans, not Humphries. *banking on DJax not returning next season, or being passed over on the depth chart by Godwin. :shrug:

ACTUALLY, Humphries is a FA at the end of this season. I think he's a stash based on that alone. See where he can latch on next season.

1 minute ago, mdw5048 said:

ACTUALLY, Humphries is a FA at the end of this season. I think he's a stash based on that alone. See where he can latch on next season.

Humphries is still the less talented of the two (he and Godwin), and having to bank on where Humphries plays next year adds weight to Godwin's current future value vs Humphries, since Godwin is already in place, signed through 2020, and he is slotted in Djax's position on the depth chart.

IF having to choose between Humphries and Godwin in keeper/dynasty leagues, Godwin is the play.