FF4life

Adam Humphries 2018 Outlook

59 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

The more and more I read, the more and more I love Humphries this week.

Slot man Humphries is an underrated WR3 in this probable shootout. Slot CB Captain Munnerlyn is Carolina’s weakest cover man, as Tyler Boyd (6/132/1), Tyler Lockett (5/107/1), JuJu Smith-Schuster(3/90/1), Humphries himself (8/82/2), Sterling Shepard (4/75/0), Cole Beasley (7/73/0), and Bruce Ellington (6/52/0) can all attest. 

the question isn't whether he's startable…...it's over who? He's obviously much more attractive in ppr.  If his FLOOR is the lowest of the above than it stands to reason he's a sure bet for 11.2 points minimum. If his ceiling is his own previous game against Car then it's nearly 30 points. If I knew for certain I was guaranteed somewhere between those two numbers I'd be open to starting him over another consistent ppr wr with a poor matchup like Edelman. That's not an easy decision to make for most in crunch time

• Like 1

Just now, Joe Odam said:

the question isn't whether he's startable…...it's over who? He's obviously much more attractive in ppr.  If his FLOOR is the lowest of the above than it stands to reason he's a sure bet for 11.2 points minimum. If his ceiling is his own previous game against Car then it's nearly 30 points. If I knew for certain I was guaranteed somewhere between those two numbers I'd be open to starting him over another consistent ppr wr with a poor matchup like Edelman. That's not an easy decision to make for most in crunch time

I’m at the point where I may play Humphries over Diggs tomorrow due to Diggs’ injury. Humphries won’t give me the homerun Diggs would, but his floor is around 10 points in .5 PPR. He got me 14 last week in a spot start at flex. I’d take that all day.

Just now, mdw5048 said:

I’m at the point where I may play Humphries over Diggs tomorrow due to Diggs’ injury. Humphries won’t give me the homerun Diggs would, but his floor is around 10 points in .5 PPR. He got me 14 last week in a spot start at flex. I’d take that all day.

that's an injury related decision. I'm referring to more of an apples to apples comparison. If Diggs is healthy he's in there 10/10 times 

3 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Over Ridley, Landry, Sutton

Just now, jtbgator said:

Over Ridley, Landry, Sutton

those are all absolute no brainers. Let me rephrase this...….Is anyone starting him over someone ranked significantly higher in the consensus rankings because they believe in the opportunity/matchup?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

those are all absolute no brainers. Let me rephrase this...….Is anyone starting him over someone ranked significantly higher in the consensus rankings because they believe in the opportunity/matchup?

I started him over JuJu last week for the floor and it backfired. Juju vs Harris seemed worse than Humphries vs the Niners. I’d still start him over the no brainers but not sure I’d get carried away getting too cute and plugging him in over known commodities.

Yes! Keep it rolling Humpy...saints are playing good d overall, but they bleed yards to the slot. Great little setup for this week and really ROS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yes! Keep it rolling Humpy...saints are playing good d overall, but they bleed yards to the slot. Great little setup for this week and really ROS.

Yep. Starting confidently. Over Landry, Ridley and Sutton...again.

• Like 2

I think I may start him over Sanders or maybe in my flex.  I didn't hit a bye week in this league but I cannot afford 4 points from Sanders.  This guy has been extremely consistent but I worry about the Saints D.

1 hour ago, liyy1 said:

Why is Humphries rated above Godwin in most rankings?

Why wouldnt he be?

2 hours ago, liyy1 said:

1 hour ago, Evincar said:

Why wouldnt he be?

why does it matter?

He gets no respect. That’s why he craps on opponents weekly. He’s the Don Beebe of our generation.

3 hours ago, liyy1 said:

Because they respect his greatness.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

He gets no respect. That’s why he craps on opponents weekly. He’s the Don Beebe of our generation.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Because they respect his greatness.

:ph34r:

4 hours ago, liyy1 said:

As a Florida resident I get all the Tampa games and I have watched him play. He has great hands and is very quick and elusive in RAC. I've watched him take a short pass and pin ball around defenders to the end zone. The truth is he's a smallish WR that defenders tend to ignore. The problem is that he is not game planned into "gotta" get him the ball. I have seen both Tampa QBs force balls to Evans in double coverage. Sometimes it works, but you know Evans will get targets. Adam is dependent on (now Winston) the QB looking for him. If he is targeted he will produce. He's a good player that should get more targets but gets no respect.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Blazer said:

As a Florida resident I get all the Tampa games and I have watched him play. He has great hands and is very quick and elusive in RAC. I've watched him take a short pass and pin ball around defenders to the end zone. The truth is he's a smallish WR that defenders tend to ignore. The problem is that he is not game planned into "gotta" get him the ball. I have seen both Tampa QBs force balls to Evans in double coverage. Sometimes it works, but you know Evans will get targets. Adam is dependent on (now Winston) the QB looking for him. If he is targeted he will produce. He's a good player that should get more targets but gets no respect.

Thank you for the insight. Always helpful when people who actually watch the games chime in. How would you peg him for weeks 15/16 away against surging defenses like BAL/DAL?

1 hour ago, uk4400 said:

What about him compared to Godwin?

Godwin is the better "talent" and the correct "long" play in TB, but Humphries has put his name on the map and shouldn't be ignored, especially present time in re-draft leagues/teams in the playoffs. They are both start-able for the playoffs, thanks to DJax being benched.

Next season, DJax is gone, and Godwin slides into that spot, but Humphries is a UFA next season, so his future value rests on either re-signing with TB or finding a new home; the right landing spot could be quite advantageous. IMHO re-signing with TB, or a move to like, say, NE to take over the slot moving forward would be ideal. *Edelman is an UFA in 2019 and 34yrs old.

Edited by FollowTheLeader

11 hours ago, ReCover said:

Thank you for the insight. Always helpful when people who actually watch the games chime in. How would you peg him for weeks 15/16 away against surging defenses like BAL/DAL?

Very tough stretch. With the loss of WR Jackson and TE Howard the offense will continue to evolve. Very hard to predict his production.

Anyone with any insight as to how he might fare against the Ravens this week? Everything points to stay away, but he’s right up there with Brate as Winston’s favorite target for this last month-month and a half stretch. I mean I don’t think he’s automatic start but, the opportunity is still there, no?