Sign in to follow this  
Slatykamora

Manuel Margot 2019 Outlook

Probably not the worst stash right now for owners desperate for steals.  He has been in the lineup the past two games.just for his defense.  With their bats becoming hot and Tatis on the way back they can sacrifice offense.

Renfroe stopped hitting and can't play defense.  Myers in a slump.  

Anyone still have any optimism with Margot? Long term can he put something together and have some value. Seems like it’s time to move on if you haven’t already. 

Just looked st his numbers over the last month and I’m intrigued. 

15.9% BB%, 19% K%, .288 ISO, 4 HR, 3 SB (0 CS). Hitting .250, but also has a .250 BABIP over that time. 

Still hitting a ton of ground balls, but he is hitting the ball hard and runs fast, so that should allow him to turn more of those GBs into hits.

He’s also hitting a lot of fly balls (only a 7% LD%).

Anyone else feel like he might be turning a corner?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fantasy Dork said:

Just looked st his numbers over the last month and I’m intrigued. 

15.9% BB%, 19% K%, .288 ISO, 4 HR, 3 SB (0 CS). Hitting .250, but also has a .250 BABIP over that time. 

Still hitting a ton of ground balls, but he is hitting the ball hard and runs fast, so that should allow him to turn more of those GBs into hits.

He’s also hitting a lot of fly balls (only a 7% LD%).

Anyone else feel like he might be turning a corner?

He’s definitely got my attention together in my dynasty. Still young with an interesting mix of speed and power.

Another solid game - 3/3 with a run scored. If you have the room I think he’s worth a shot. He has the pedigree and talent and it just may be coming together for him. Much higher ceiling than the majority of guys out there... 

This guy is looking like he's figured something out. His k:bb over the last month and a half is about 1:1. I like him ROS.

Edited by Kaii23
  • Like 1

I bought cheaply in 16 tm dynasty and was happy to get the offer. Gives some much needed speed, and his peripherals are really looking good lately and the production is starting to follow. Good lineup to hit in also, especially if he can hit 2nd. He's made Myers become an afterthought lately.

• Like 1

Does his playing time become much more consistent after the Franmil trade?

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Does his playing time become much more consistent after the Franmil trade?

Hard to say.  Seems like Myers has been getting the bat going a bit lately but it can't hurt with Franimal gone

his playing time has been consistent for a nice stretch now, but he has been brutal for over a week now

he had a real nice run up until a little over a week ago now

Batting leadoff most games with Tatis on the shelf. Might be a decent boost to his SBs/Rs going forward if you're looking for some speed.