jfazz23

New York Yankees 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

Go Yankees!

Agree 

I don’t see how you think the Yankees are a team of situational hitters. If everybody is healthy, I see a bunch of power hitters, they do have maybe one we call those types a slap n Judy hitter. Hicks. One thing the Yankees do very well they work the count, take a base on balls which constitute a good OBP. The whole INF likes to show off its power all capable of 30+ HRs. voit, Torres,Didi, andujar add in Judge & Stanton. Mix in a Sanchez & bird .... power power. Count eight ... 

12 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Agree 

I don’t see how you think the Yankees are a team of situational hitters. If everybody is healthy, I see a bunch of power hitters, they do have maybe one we call those types a slap n Judy hitter. Hicks. One thing the Yankees do very well they work the count, take a base on balls which constitute a good OBP. The whole INF likes to show off its power all capable of 30+ HRs. voit, Torres,Didi, andujar add in Judge & Stanton. Mix in a Sanchez & bird .... power power. Count eight ... 

Hicks has some pop - definitely not a slap-hitter.

It’s important to make this distinction, so I’ll try again: it’s not that I think the Yankees typically play situational ball to win games - I think they are capable of doing so, as a team, if circumstances require it.

You know, as I watch this O’s series unfold, I am beginning to reconsider my opinion that the Yanks score on anything other than a home run...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BMcP said:

You know, as I watch this O’s series unfold, I am beginning to reconsider my opinion that the Yanks score on anything other than a home run...

against the Os pitching you dont have to...

Gary is...definitely scary

25 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

against the Os pitching you dont have to...

Didn’t Hess nearly toss a no-no the other day?  Oh, right, it was the Blue Jays.

• Haha 1

2 things

1) brought this up in gameday thread.  in about a month when hicks and stanton are back...i want them to keep frazier starting most nights in left with gardner as the bench OF. send bird down and have a bench of Romine, Gardy, Wade

2) if severino is seriously hurt do you just roll with Tanaka, Paxton, Happ, CC, Domingo? or should they go after a madbum or a robbie ray

1 minute ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Does Johnny Losagna see regular starts moving forward?

paxton, tanaka, happ, cc, german

hell prob get sent back down when CC comes back.  think CC just made a a start yesterday.  so Lasagna prob has 1 more start max unless someone else gets hurt

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

paxton, tanaka, happ, cc, german

hell prob get sent back down when CC comes back.  think CC just made a a start yesterday.  so Lasagna prob has 1 more start max unless someone else gets hurt

Please don’t use the word “hurt” in connection with the Yankees.  With this Severino news...enough is enough 

C - Sanchez

1B - empty

2B - Didi

SS - Tulo

3B - Andujar

LF - Stanton

CF - Hicks

RF - empty

DH - empty

SP - Severino

RP - Bettances

Just need a 1B, RF and DH and you’ve got a full roster!

• Like 1

Are the Yankees dead set on breaking the record for injured players or what?

Yankees placed OF Clint Frazier on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to April 23, with a left ankle sprain.

Frazier suffered the injury during the Yankees' extra-innings defeat of the Angels on Monday. It was thought to be a minor issue at first, but an MRI taken Wednesday showed a small tear. The hope is that Frazier, who's batting .324 with a .975 OPS, will be able to return to action in about two weeks. Mike Tauchman is suddenly an everyday player for New York, at least until the club gets a little healthier.

Apr 25, 2019, 10:39 AM

So it is come to this.  Cameron Maybin, wow.

Yankees acquired OF Cameron Maybin from the Indians.

No word yet on the return. Maybin signed a minor league deal with the Indians in late March after getting released from Giants camp and was batting .229/.397/.292 through 63 plate appearances this season at Triple-A Columbus. He could be added to the Yankees' major league roster immediately given all the injuries on their outfield depth chart, but there's not a lot of fantasy upside here. Maybin, 32, had a .662 OPS with four homers and 10 stolen bases in 129 games last year between the Marlins and Mariners.

Source: Jack Curry on Twitter                         Apr 25, 2019, 12:12 PM

What is it about Yankee outfielders?  Did Jacoby Ellsbury spread some plague in the outfield and it is just becoming active this year?

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Are the Yankees dead set on breaking the record for injured players or what?

So it is come to this.  Cameron Maybin, wow.

What is it about Yankee outfielders?  Did Jacoby Ellsbury spread some plague in the outfield and it is just becoming active this year?

Jacoby is official caller of the Yankee IL Bingo league.  (They used to play canasta, but too many people felt left out this year.)

Quick update:

Andujar back tomorrow (Saturday)

Hicks and Frazier back Monday

Tulo just strained his calf so he's shut down for the foreseeable future

Stanton is in NY with the team but a return date is still in the air.

27 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Quick update:

Aaron Hicks will take at-bats for a couple more days then will begin a rehab assignment in Tampa. Aaron Boone says it looks like he is 7-10 days out.

Troy Tulowitzki has a minor strain in left calf. Will be shut down a couple days #yankees

So our only update on Stanton is that he made it to the stadium today? This is getting so strange. Hope he's at the stadium to get in some BP at least. 

33 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Quick update:

Hicks is not expected back Monday, thats false.  Frazier could be back Monday, we'll see.  Andujar is expected to be activated and in the lineup tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Love the Yankees glad Miguel is back but damnit today I picked up Gio Urshela . 😂

Urshela will still be with the team and get regular playing time.

49 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Quick update:

Hicks will play for the Single A Tampons on Monday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Remember when we were talking about how the Yanks can’t play small ball?

Yeah, those were good times.

35 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Remember when we were talking about how the Yanks can’t play small ball?

Yeah, those were good times.

Instead of Stanton & Judge we have Urshela & Frazier batting 3rd & 4th ... no Torres & Sanchez today. Andujar is lost at the plate. 

Today we have Cameron Maybin, Mike Tauchman Austin Romine & Theo Estrada in the lineup. Now that is a small lineup 

Edited by shakestreet

Just now, shakestreet said:

Instead of Stanton & Judge we have Urshela & Frazier batting 3rd & 4th ... no Torres & Sanchez today. Andujar is lost at the plate. 

Today we have Cameron Maybin, Mike Tauchman Austin Romine & Theo Estrada in the lineup 

Understood.  There was someone upthread vehemently arguing the Yanks couldn’t play small ball.  That was a mistaken assumption.

Just now, BMcP said:

Understood.  There was someone upthread vehemently arguing the Yanks couldn’t play small ball.  That was a mistaken assumption.

I see it as

That someone was right as a whole. Some days you might see small ball but overall if the lineup is healthy it is a team full of smashers. 

Just now, shakestreet said:

I see it as

That someone was right as a whole. Some days you might see small ball but overall if the lineup is healthy it is a team full of smashers. 

I see it as exactly what I said: they can play small ball if needed,  but it is rarely needed.  This has been amply proven.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Come on lol. They’re decimated with injuries. No Judge, Stanton, etc. so they’re manufacturing runs out of necessity. This doesn’t prove your argument.