jfazz23

New York Yankees 2019 Outlook

27 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Come on lol. They’re decimated with injuries. No Judge, Stanton, etc. so they’re manufacturing runs out of necessity. This doesn’t prove your argument. 

My argument was they could do it if needed.  Care to elaborate?

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

My argument was they could do it if needed.  Care to elaborate?

You’re suggesting, in a sense, that you knew they’d have a bunch of AAA players up and scrape the barrel for Maybin. Because that’s the only reason they’re doing it. You’re being disingenuous here. 

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

You’re suggesting, in a sense, that you knew they’d have a bunch of AAA players up and scrape the barrel for Maybin. Because that’s the only reason they’re doing it. You’re being disingenuous here. 

Not at all.  Sorry about Maybin not figuring it out for the Tigers.  I made a simple statement.  You have not refuted my point.  But feel free to take a second stab at it.

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Not at all.  Sorry about Maybin not figuring it out for the Tigers.  I made a simple statement.  You have not refuted my point.  But feel free to take a second stab at it.

A simple statement *that wouldn’t be true if entire lineup was healthy

But you know that

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

A simple statement *that wouldn’t be true if entire lineup was healthy

But you know that

My point is, as I have asseverated, that the lineup is capable of playing small ball when needed even when healthy.  They have obviously proven able to do to so even with about three regulars not in the lineup.  If you feel I’ve been disingenuous, all I ask is that you prove your point.

Is there any chance Urshela sticks on this team by the end of the season, as he has no minor league options remaining. Right now, Boone is carrying 3 bench spots, and one of those obviously belongs to Romine. Another spot will be given to a backup outfielder (Clint or Gardy). When Didi is healthy, Torres will play 2B and DJLM will be the utility man/3rd bench spot. Of course, people could get hurt and this won’t be a problem. However, if everyone is healthy where does that leave Urshela? 

Edited by weisberg26

2 minutes ago, weisberg26 said:

Is there any chance Urshela sticks on this team by the end of the season, as he has no minor league options remaining. Right now, Boone is carrying 3 bench spots, and one of those obviously belongs to Romine. Another spot will be given to a backup outfielder (Clint or Gardy). When Didi is healthy, Torres will play 2B and DJLM will be the utility man/3rd bench spot. Of course, people could get hurt and this won’t be a problem. However, if everyone is healthy where does that leave Urshela? 

Right now they’re committed to him as basically the every-day 3Bman.  That could change, but it would likely require an extended bout of futility at the plate.

6 minutes ago, weisberg26 said:

However, if everyone is healthy where does that leave Urshela? 

I have to believe triple A 

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Right now they’re committed to him as basically the every-day 3Bman.  That could change, but it would likely require an extended bout of futility at the plate.

There committed to him as the everyday 3B because they have space on their 25-man roster. When everybody comes back, they are going to have to send people down. My question is what are they going to do then.

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

I have to believe triple A 

He’s out of minor league options though, so he would have to be placed on waivers. I assume some team would claim him, given his current success.

4 minutes ago, weisberg26 said:

There committed to him as the everyday 3B because they have space on their 25-man roster. When everybody comes back, they are going to have to send people down. My question is what are they going to do then.

I expect him to remain as a bench bat even in the unlikely event the entire team is healthy at the same time.

1 minute ago, weisberg26 said:

He’s out of minor league options though, so he would have to be placed on waivers. I assume some team would claim him, given his current success.

If & when everybody does get healthy, I still think there will be no room. Looking at his past history he hasn’t been much of a hitter. I sure love what he has brought to the table. The dude has been perfect 

Okay my question to you Yankee fans is about Urshela.  Legit or not as in a hot streak happening at the right time of the fill-in.  Will he get sent down or sit more now that Andujar is back?  Will he become more of a utility guy and stay up?  What say you all?

Urshela isn't going anywhere. He's out of options and the Yankees need him. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Okay my question to you Yankee fans is about Urshela.  Legit or not as in a hot streak happening at the right time of the fill-in.  Will he get sent down or sit more now that Andujar is back?  Will he become more of a utility guy and stay up?  What say you all?

Well, Andujar right now is mostly DH.  Urshela is still the teams starting 3B right now.  He plays very solid defense and has been like Luke Voit 2.0 with the bat.  So many clutch hits and has helped carry the team. It's going to be a bit until other guys return and complicate things, but Andujar's done literally nothing offensively and plays terrible defense.  He'll be given more time to get right; however, if he continues to struggle and Urshela doesn't go ice cold, I can see Andujar being sent to AAA.  For now he'll be given more time to get his bat going as the teams DH. 

Hicks back today and I think they'll send down Mike Tauchman.  Gardner has been staying around the Mendoza line and I think its fair to see him becoming the teams 4th OF (Stanton LF, leaving DH open to Andujar)  Frazier hasn't been good since returning from the DL, although thats only 7 games, but its not like it was before he went to the DL where there's no way he gets sent down (when Stanton and/or Judge return)

Right now I won't even bother making a lineup with everyone back since Judge still hasn't started baseball activity, Didi is probably at least a month away, and nothing clear on Stanton.

• Thanks 2

Sooo Clint Frazier bailed out on the media after that atrocious game in the field - then today he says he's not sorry that he did it and he's been treated unfairly? And on top of that - he says he feels like he's not fitting in. Hmmm. Im hoping the Yanks trade him for Madbum. We don't need an injury prone kid who cant handle the pressures of NY who also happens to not be able to play the outfield to save his life. His bat has nice potential but I think we need the presence of a bulldog SP right now more. 

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

Is Stanton bout to come back raking?! I’m predicting 35 homers after his return. 

22 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Sooo Clint Frazier bailed out on the media after that atrocious game in the field - then today he says he's not sorry that he did it and he's been treated unfairly? And on top of that - he says he feels like he's not fitting in. Hmmm. Im hoping the Yanks trade him for Madbum. We don't need an injury prone kid who cant handle the pressures of NY who also happens to not be able to play the outfield to save his life. His bat has nice potential but I think we need the presence of a bulldog SP right now more. 

He's talking his way out of NY. 

Just now, absknicks said:

He's talking his way out of NY. 

no doubt. pretty sure he's as good as gone come the trade deadline. curious to see if he will continue to dodge the media in the inevitable event he costs the yanks more games due to errors. 

29 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

He has been kind of picked on, but he hasn’t done himself any favors.  Seems like a really weird dude.  Reading through twitter seems like he’s kind of frustrated about a fake news story of him asking for Mickey Mantle’s retired jersey?  Not a Yankees fan (sadly), but if true that’s a pretty stupid a** rumor to makeup.  Yankee media needs to boost this kid back up so they can ship him out of town without having to apply a discount tag.  He’s a very nice hitter, just odd as f*** and his fielding is turning into an epidemic.

3 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

He has been kind of picked on, but he hasn’t done himself any favors.  Seems like a really weird dude.  Reading through twitter seems like he’s kind of frustrated about a fake news story of him asking for Mickey Mantle’s retired jersey?  Not a Yankees fan (sadly), but if true that’s a pretty stupid a** rumor to makeup.  Yankee media needs to boost this kid back up so they can ship him out of town without having to apply a discount tag.  He’s a very nice hitter, just odd as f*** and his fielding is turning into an epidemic.

He does have a legitimate gripe with the media, especially in two instances:

1. As you reference, Yankee radio broadcaster Suzyn Waldman mistakenly reported 2 years ago that he had requested to wear the #7 (Mantle's number). It was a bizarre story at the time and no one really ever got to the bottom of why she either a) made it up or b) was so mistaken on the facts.

2. TV play-by-play broadcaster Michael Kay insinuated Frazier should be playing last year while dealing with a concussion. Don't remember the quote verbatim but it was basically something like "with all these injuries, you'd think Clint Frazier would want to be out there now that he has his chance." Kay defended himself but later apologized, but it was obviously a stupid comment given what Frazier was dealing with.

• Like 2

He's getting the Greg Bird treatment where the media just asks him over and over, "Hey, why did you fail on that play and why do you suck so much and how do you feel about sucking?". 

Frazier came out today and said he messed up and cost them the game. What else can he say? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dod959 said:

He's getting the Greg Bird treatment where the media just asks him over and over, "Hey, why did you fail on that play and why do you suck so much and how do you feel about sucking?". 

Frazier came out today and said he messed up and cost them the game. What else can he say? 

He wasn't there after the game. Left other players to answer for him. It's great he said it today, but if he spoke to the media after the game on Sunday this all could've been avoided.

• Like 1

What’s their everyday lineup going to look like with Stanton and Judge back?