4B. Gary Sánchez, C
5B. Luke Voit, 1B
6B. Aaron Hicks, CF
7B. Edwin Encarnación, DH
8B. Didi Gregorius, SS
9B. Gleyber Torres, 2B

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

What’s their everyday lineup going to look like with Stanton and Judge back?

Murders Row 2.0

In all seriousness the only lineup spot I'm truly comfortable projecting is Judge #2.

I'm assuming DJ will be leadoff and playing 3b...or Hicks leadoff. 

Hicks Judge Stanton Sanchez E5 Voit

Didi Torres 3b.

Damn.   That's really RHB heavy but that's a truly obscene amount of power.  And there's OBP there,  too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mortl said:

1B. DJ LeMahieu, 3B
2B. Aaron Judge, RF
3B. Giancarlo Stanton, LF
4B. Gary Sánchez, C
5B. Luke Voit, 1B
6B. Aaron Hicks, CF
7B. Edwin Encarnación, DH
8B. Didi Gregorius, SS
9B. Gleyber Torres, 2B

There’s no one you can pitch to. 🙀

Regardless of how this trade plays out with future moves to get SP, this has to be one of the better trades Cashman has made in his tenure as a Yankee. Im still in shock. I just dont get why the Mariners would agree to this - they could have gotten so much more from a different team. 

5 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

they could have gotten so much more from a different team.  

Which team?  He's not a bad defensive 1B, but health-wise, he can't be an everyday 1B at this stage of his career.  That limits things to AL contenders where enough DH PAs are available.  The Sox are way over the luxury tax and have JDM at DH.  The Twins already have a beer league softball DH/1B heavy lineup.  The Astros could field an ALCS caliber team with their reserves and a few top prospects.  The Rays are too cheap.  None of the other snowball's chance AL contenders are in a position to cough up $5M (or whatever the Yankees share was) for a DH/1B upgrade.

3 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Which team?  He's not a bad defensive 1B, but health-wise, he can't be an everyday 1B at this stage of his career.  That limits things to AL contenders where enough DH PAs are available.  The Sox are way over the luxury tax and have JDM at DH.  The Twins already have a beer league softball DH/1B heavy lineup.  The Astros could field an ALCS caliber team with their reserves and a few top prospects.  The Rays are too cheap.  None of the other snowball's chance AL contenders are in a position to cough up $5M (or whatever the Yankees share was) for a DH/1B upgrade.

No reason he cant be a teams starting 1bman in the NL. Brewers and Nationals make sense. 

30 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

No reason he cant be a teams starting 1bman in the NL. Brewers and Nationals make sense. 

Didnt he play 2nd base for 5 minutes and get hurt?

28 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

The reason he's been able to hold up at 1B is because he can rotate into the DH spot at least once or twice a week.  Not having that available means more of a physical toll on his body, which could affect him negatively at the plate.  This makes him much more valuable to an AL team when factoring injury risk in.

So John Sterling was seen today by my buddies father getting cancer treatment at Sloan. That’s why he missed his first Yankee game in forever. Poor guy. 

• Like 1

anyone care to venture a guess on what the yankees are going to do at the deadline? im hoping for a bauer trade personally. my buddy believes that in order to land noah or bauer were going to have to include deivi garcia in a package with the likes of frazier and andujar. im really hoping cashman does cashman things and finagles a good trade for us. 

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

2 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

anyone care to venture a guess on what the yankees are going to do at the deadline? im hoping for a bauer trade personally. my buddy believes that in order to land noah or bauer were going to have to include deivi garcia in a package with the likes of frazier and andujar. im really hoping cashman does cashman things and finagles a good trade for us. 

I doubt bauer would work in NY he has a weirdo personality. My guess would Wheeler. Andujar and Frazier for wheeler seems fair to both sides. I'd rather the yanks go after gerrit Cole in the off season 

6 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

I doubt bauer would work in NY he has a weirdo personality. My guess would Wheeler. Andujar and Frazier for wheeler seems fair to both sides. I'd rather the yanks go after gerrit Cole in the off season 

I think that is way too much for Wheeler but i don't know why Mets would do that anyway. They don't need another player blocking McNeil at 3B and Frazier would be starting over who in the Outfield next year? Conforto or Cespedes(if healthy)? I think they are looking for guys a year or 2 away for their starters.

On 7/10/2019 at 4:28 PM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

So John Sterling was seen today by my buddies father getting cancer treatment at Sloan. That’s why he missed his first Yankee game in forever. Poor guy. 

If this isn't public knowledge than you should respect the man's privacy not to disclose this. 

36 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

Oh please Yankees go get Wheels Are Off Wheeler.

2 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

If this isn't public knowledge than you should respect the man's privacy not to disclose this. 

There is no privacy left in the digital age.  Better to be up front about it like Jerry Remy has been for years.

1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Oh please Yankees go get Wheels Are Off Wheeler.

There is no privacy left in the digital age.  Better to be up front about it like Jerry Remy has been for years.

I disagree.  Don't submit to the erosion of privacy when all it takes would be common courtesy and respect of ones wishes not to blast out that you saw somebody at the same cancer clinic you go to treatment for like it's anybody else's business. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baseball Jonze said:

I disagree.  Don't submit to the erosion of privacy when all it takes would be common courtesy and respect of ones wishes not to blast out that you saw somebody at the same cancer clinic you go to treatment for like it's anybody else's business. 

Not a case of submitting.  Just this is how the modern world is and no one can stop it so you have to learn to deal with it and you can't by pretending there is anything amounting to true privacy left.  Yeah I wish is was otherwise too but it is not.  And it never really was for "public figures" anyway.  You can't expect the benefits of name and fame and not accept that there are negatives as well. 

In other words if you want and gain all that name and fame brings you you have to expect that you aren't going to get your way 100% in life as no one does and in the case of public figures it is in the form of less privacy.

Furthermore most people figure if someone suddenly disappears from a job like this for some time then there is something is wrong.  And the first go to guess is always cancer.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

1 hour ago, tonycpsu said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d41fdf73241434541

i mean, if only they were as smart as the phillies and gave a 250 18 homerun hitter 330 million over 13 years...

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

i mean, if only they were as smart as the phillies and gave a 250 18 homerun hitter 330 million over 13 years...

Could be worse as the Yankees traded for Stanton and the balance still owed him (app. 275m till 2029) and paying for 9 games so far this year

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Could be worse as the Yankees traded for Stanton and the balance still owed him (app. 275m till 2029) and paying for 9 games so far this year

and got Miami to pay for a year. it looks good compared to the Harper contract right now

edit: also a club buyout the last year.2028

Edited by jfazz23

Are Phillies fans really talking in this thread right now?! Phillies fans?

• Haha 2

It was a comment on the lack of action at the deadline from a team that has a 99% chance to make the playoffs.  The fact that another team with just a 27% chance to make the playoffs didn't do anything significant either is non-responsive to that point.

11 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

It was a comment on the lack of action at the deadline from a team that has a 99% chance to make the playoffs.  The fact that another team with just a 27% chance to make the playoffs didn't do anything significant either is non-responsive to that point.

If by “comment,” you meant a GIF of a plant, then I concur.

• Haha 1

Well, you sensitive fellas certainly took it as a comment of some sort, so I guess a picture is worth at least several words.

Just expected more from a team with both the resources and the current position in the standings, particularly when so many other teams in the AL are clearing the field.  Not sure why that had to turn into a Yankees vs. Phillies thing.  I'd kill to have the "problems" the Yankees have.  Happ or CC would be a #2 starter for the fightin' Phils.

• Like 1