jfazz23

New York Yankees 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, Ecofolux said:

Imagine if they get Gerrit Cole next season! What's his contract going to look like? i'll say 7/170  

the 7 seems right, but i think hell get more like 26-28 mil per year if he matches last years numbers

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 3:27 PM, absknicks said:

He gave up assets for Paxton. Valuable ones. Could've gotten Corbin for just $. That's the key difference.

And if you don't think adding Bryce Harper would've made them a better team, I really don't know what to say.

Corbin was the first major player to sign.  There didn't seem to be any bidding war to join in.  He made his choice quickly and signed where he wanted to sign.

Justus Sheffield being a middle reliever and Kelenic being an average or below OF are certainly in the cards. Sheffield doesn't seem like an Ace. I don't think they gave up too much for Paxton. Who knows these prospects potential and likelihood better than the Yankees?  Nobody.

2 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

the 7 seems right, but i think hell get more like 26-28 mil per year if he matches last years numbers

Cole's market is impossible for me to judge. Greinke / Price were in no position to get more if Cole repeats last year, but I also see a lot more teams being wary to pony up the money Greinke / Price got. 7 / 230 should be more the right range if he repeats last year. He was on another planet. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, taobball said:

Cole's market is impossible for me to judge. Greinke / Price were in no position to get more if Cole repeats last year, but I also see a lot more teams being wary to pony up the money Greinke / Price got. 7 / 230 should be more the right range if he repeats last year. He was on another planet. 

ya i was gauging him against corbin, not price or greinke.  7 years at 30 mil a year is 210 right?  so id say in that 190-210 range.  dont think he passes greinke though.  i think market changed.

19 minutes ago, taobball said:

In my opinion no GM should sign any pitcher to anything over 5 years... 

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

In my opinion no GM should sign any pitcher to anything over 5 years... 

If getting an elite arm means I have to pay him two years of retirement, I'll do it. 

• Like 2

chapmans fastball is sitting 93- 95.  anyone concerned?

Edited by jfazz23

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Corbin was the first major player to sign.  There didn't seem to be any bidding war to join in.  He made his choice quickly and signed where he wanted to sign.

Yanks had him in for a visit. They weren’t willing to go beyond 4 years, IIRC. It was a poor decision. 

Btw, he wanted to be a Yankee. He’s from NY and made no secret about wanting to play there leading up to his free agency. 

Edited by absknicks

3 hours ago, taobball said:

If getting an elite arm means I have to pay him two years of retirement, I'll do it. 

would you give sale 7 years 32-34 mil per next year?

Just now, jfazz23 said:

would you give sale 7 years 32-34 mil per next year?

Sale probably not but it is difficult. TBH, I did a lot of thought to what I'd give guys this offseason but I havne't projected the next class. Sale has many many more innings than Cole. But situation is paramount. 

12 minutes ago, taobball said:

Sale probably not but it is difficult. TBH, I did a lot of thought to what I'd give guys this offseason but I havne't projected the next class. Sale has many many more innings than Cole. But situation is paramount. 

ya, tbh if cole has another year like last id prefer cole as well.he may aim for something like a 8 or 9 yr deal.  id give him 7 with some big AAV (cole) in that 28 mil range

How much longer does Brett Gardner get a look at lead off? Ever look at his post season stats? .202/.252 life time? Wow... 

11 minutes ago, peelpub94 said:

How much longer does Brett Gardner get a look at lead off? Ever look at his post season stats? .202/.252 life time? Wow... 

I think the Yankees had like 4 hits last night and Gardner had 2 of them.  He went 2 for 4 with a HR.  That's going to buy him some more time until at least Hicks gets back.  Post-season stats are generally a rather insignificant sample size.

Hopefully Wade can hit this time up.  Really pulling for him.  I want to see him play regularly.  Frazier I don't really care for but if he hits that'll change things.  Tauchman I wonder if he'll breakout like the Yankees envisioned.

43 minutes ago, peelpub94 said:

I've been talking bad about Gardner for a while but he saved me last night (had Yanks -1.5, LOL).  I think once Hicks comes back, he'll go down to the bottom third of the order.

54 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Hopefully Wade can hit this time up.  Really pulling for him.  I want to see him play regularly.  Frazier I don't really care for but if he hits that'll change things.  Tauchman I wonder if he'll breakout like the Yankees envisioned.

me too

tbh, yanks are killed with injuries.  luckily, their april schedule is weak except for 3 @ houston and 2 vs boston.  if they can just play 500 ball, or maybe a game or 2 over 500 in april they should be fine

they should get hicks, stanton, betances, cc, severino back in early may. DJLem signing is looking really good right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Todd Frazier going back to Yanks?

im assuming you are joking but highly unlikely.  id gladly trade the mets for jeff mcniel though

@taobball

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

im assuming you are joking but highly unlikely.  id gladly trade the mets for jeff mcniel though

@taobball

Makes too much sense. Mets don't need him and Yanks do.

Just now, Baseball Jonze said:

Can Nick Castellanos play 3B anymore?  Tigs looked to trade him in the off-season and could use prospects in return for him. 

this crossed my mind too.  not sure the answer though.

Well, so far this season has been a lot less fun than I anticipated.  Hopefully this team pulls it together, its tough with all the injuries.  Really need to get Hicks back.