gbill2004

Nick Mullens 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Well Josh Allen's throws have looked dreadful all year, Tyrod Taylor before he lost his starting job cant throw for s---, Dak Prescott even has s---y throws, I dont know what you are saying, there are certainly plenty of QBs who throw like trash but still have a job because of their total package.  Cam Newton is probably the most talented trashy ball thrower in NFL. 

He got undrafted because of his size.  Scouts worry when a guy is too short to throw over the offensive line and it really downgrades QBs.  

Like I said I hope this kid turns out to be that needle in the hay stack.... I just think the Raiders are an extremely bad football team and this success was a perfect storm so to speak. 

Just now, Zak0221 said:

This kid is a legit waiver pick up for fantasy football just putting up 23 pts in his first NFL start.  Let people talk about him ok?

B-b-but he went undrafted!

1 minute ago, kco734 said:

Something to be said about a guy who’s teammates love him. He’s got that leadership quality you look for. 49ers were 1-6 going into this game and they played hard for the kid. 

Do you really think they played harder for McMullins than they would have for Beathard? The Raiders performance last night was one of the worst I've seen in the past 10 years. The 2016 Browns would have destroyed them last night. 

Edited by oliminator123

4 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Go ahead and list every starting NFL QB that weighs less than 200lb, I’ll wait

I don't have a chart of every drafted QBs measurables. No one EVER said anything about starting QBs. You said he was undrafted only because of his size. I'm sure coaches said "he's so good, but his size, meh I don't want him." and it had nothing to do with ability.

Russell Wilson was 5-11 204 at Combine.

Just go away.

Edited by Godfather131

1 minute ago, kco734 said:

Something to be said about a guy who’s teammates love him. He’s got that leadership quality you look for. 49ers were 1-6 going into this game and they played hard for the kid. 

I think that has a lot to do with Shannahan, there has been zero quit in the Niners these two seasons no matter who the QB was. The Raiders on the other hand have completely quit. 

Just now, Fried Pork Grind said:

Like I said I hope this kid turns out to be that needle in the hay stack.... I just think the Raiders are an extremely bad football team and this success was a perfect storm so to speak. 

I tend to agree. Guys were wide open and commentators were commenting all night about blown coverages and having no idea what the defense was doing. Add to it the rumblings in the locker room in regards to Gruden and I believe this being the first game since then Amari trade(?). I tend to just think it’s the perfect storm of a poop defense that has now given up and a guy coming out hot in his first start. 

Im hoping this is just the beginning for him since he seems like he has the work ethic and some talent, but don’t know if he will be fantasy relevant for the rest of the year, other than in deep bench, 2 QB leagues. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nromn said:

Im hoping this is just the beginning for him since he seems like he has the work ethic and some talent, but don’t know if he will be fantasy relevant for the rest of the year, other than in deep bench, 2 QB leagues. 

Superflex leagues are people too.  This kid is potential waiver stud if he's given starting job and can put up consistent 15-25 pt games. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Superflex leagues are people too.  This kid is potential waiver stud if he's given starting job and can put up consistent 15-25 pt games. 

Right, and I am actually in 2 and added him speculatively before the game last night in 1 of them in a league where there are literally no starters on the WW (deep bench). So I am rooting for him, but he can't play the Raiders every game and against a competent D, some of those risky throws get picked and/or receivers don't get to run uncovered all game. Not to mention, we don't even know if he is going to start next week.

Im just tempering expectations, is all.

34 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

we're free to talk about Nick Mullens again !  

Who is using him this week?

me! you're telling me to choose between him or manning or mariota (maybe but still don't trust) or carr I'm choosing mullens. Its only his second week so defenses probably haven't figured out his tendencies yet plus he's playing the giants. mullens and kittle stack all the way

Just now, owenmills said:

I have Peterman slotted as my QB2. Thinking about trying to work a deal for him

giphy.gif

If you can't, you might be better off leaving your QB2 slot empty. 

Just now, oliminator123 said:

If you can't, you might be better off leaving your QB2 slot empty. 

The thought has crossed my mind...

Thinking about snatching this guy up now just for the week 12 matchup @TB.  Those guys are terrible against QB.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Thinking about snatching this guy up now just for the week 12 matchup @TB.  Those guys are terrible against QB.

Yeah that is what I have done, not crazy about having to stash him until then, thru the BYE, but I had no choice as most breathing QBs are owned (16 teams). Even though last weeks performance was solid, the film is not as glowing. Just hope he lasts until wk12...

3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah that is what I have done, not crazy about having to stash him until then, thru the BYE, but I had no choice as most breathing QBs are owned (16 teams). Even though last weeks performance was solid, the film is not as glowing. Just hope he lasts until wk12...

What did the coaches film show? 

51 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

What did the coaches film show? 

Not much can really be gleaned besides that OAK has one heck of an awful D. Some of the footwork and ball placement wasn't great, but it's stuff that can be cleaned up too. Arm strength was perfectly fine for NFL. Progressions were better than I would have thought. He's definitely put the time in to learn a complex system. I think Shanny can really elevate a QB massively. 

On 11/9/2018 at 12:08 PM, Hank Thunderbolt said:

Have Watson on bye. Pickings are slim - think I may pull the trigger on him. It’s between him and Dak. 

Same dilemma. I pulled the trigger on him. 

As long as Kittle is playing, and Brieda he is going to do well.

This guy has those outstanding short route pass catchers. I also think they are going to take some shots downfield with Goodwin and see what Mullins has.

Worthy bye week streamer.  I like him over some other "starters" in the league this week.  

Let's go baby!  I'm excited to see what this kid can do in game two.  In the battle of seven loss teams, the Niners are the ones who look to have grit and determination, while the Giants are folding up for the season.

On 11/10/2018 at 10:55 PM, Sivaro said:

As long as Kittle is playing, and Brieda he is going to do well.

This guy has those outstanding short route pass catchers. I also think they are going to take some shots downfield with Goodwin and see what Mullins has.

Worthy bye week streamer.  I like him over some other "starters" in the league this week.  

Same. Dropped Alex Smith for him before gametime yesterday. Need some points tonight