Slatykamora

David Dahl 2019 Outlook

Depending on the severity of the injury, I believe that it might be a career-changing injury.

Ankle injuries can be quite brutal... Anyway, I hope it isn't that serious as it looks and wish the best for him. Prayers to Dahl.

This guy is unreal with the injuries.  Can't go a single season without something like this 

14 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

Depending on the severity of the injury, I believe that it might be a career-changing injury.

Ankle injuries can be quite brutal... Anyway, I hope it isn't that serious as it looks and wish the best for him. Prayers to Dahl.

This is a pretty bold statement. You don’t even know the extent of the injury

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheBigBambino said:

This is a pretty bold statement. You don’t even know the extent of the injury

This is David Dahl.  Any injury is career threatening 

• Like 1

An ankle sprain?!?!? Never heard of that happening to any MLB player before. But, if it happens to David Dahl then it must be tragic (and maybe even his fault).

FRI, AUG 2, 11:55 PMROTOWIRE.COM

Dahl was diagnosed with a sprained right ankle after exiting Friday's game against the Giants, Patrick Saunders of The Denver Post reports.

Spin: Dahl will undergo further testing Saturday to determine a possible timetable for his return. Though this is relatively good news for the Rockies, he'll likely still require a trip to the injured list.

15 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

Don't underplay it.

He is probably fighting for his life.  Thoughts and prayers.

• Haha 5

That picture hugging Nolan being carted off looks like shark attack to the foot. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

That picture hugging Nolan being carted off looks like shark attack to the foot. 

source.gifI’m a horrible person. In all seriousness, I’ve had horrible ankle sprains and they suck and I hope he comes back soon.

• Haha 2

That was pretty dramatic but nothing sill beat Paul Pierce getting wheel chaired off crying only to come back 2 minutes later perfectly fine.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Haha 3

High ankle sprain confirmed. Will be placed on IL. To be honest, that’s exactly the injury I expected after they confirmed it was a sprain. Not devastating news, but I would assume he will be out at least a month, which puts his fantasy playoffs in question.

I would suggest picking up Wil Myers as a valid replacement. He could be found on wires in many leagues and he’s back to full playing time.

Likely out for six weeks.  HIgh ankle sprains are not minor.

I penciled him in for 120 games.  Looks like I wasn't conservative enough.

2 hours ago, B&F said:

Likely out for six weeks.  HIgh ankle sprains are not minor.

I penciled him in for 120 games.  Looks like I wasn't conservative enough.

Eloy was back within 4 weeks with the same injury fwiw.  Dahl went bananas last September.  Holding on, hoping for the same. He could still possibly provide a solid month if you have a dL slot.

He’ll be back this year, tough blow though. OF is a deep position this year though. 

Edited by BRYZZO

Ankle injuries often turns out to be the worst and lingers long into a player's career. Many of my favorite players and teams suffered from an ankle injury and it did change their career's trajectory. So I kinda overreacted in this case.

I apologize if it bothered or somewhat offended some of you.

Anyway, I'm happy for Dahl. I hope he comes back this season. If not, I hope he recovers and have a wonderful season next year.

Edited by jhsong916

23 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

That was pretty dramatic but nothing sill beat Paul Pierce getting wheel chaired off crying only to come back 2 minutes later perfectly fine. 

Ha - Pierce recently admitted that what actually happened, was that he pooped his pants.