Slatykamora

Victor Robles 2019 Outlook

Just did a Yahoo Pro Draft this morning and he went at 82 overall. Assuming the Taylor news was the main catalyst. He should be picked well ahead of guys like Eloy IMO due to guaranteed playing time from the start.

I think robles is fair game anytime after 75. depending on whos there/draft build/league

auction - all the way up to $15 depending when hes nominated

in my large buy-in leagues i have got robles at (127, 95, 106, $13) all done before taylor inj

• Like 1

I was hoping to draft Robles this year as my last Outfielder but he was gone in round 4.  Somebody really loves this guy.

• Like 1

Time after time I am sitting there around pick 70-80 wanting Puig or Robles, I have never been so torn on  players in my life!!

• Like 1

Luckily he was my keepers in several leagues but otherwise I’d definitely be guilty of reaching for him in drafts. Although batting 9th is meh, he is a crazy special talent and exciting to watch. 

20 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Eaton will be injured and Robles moved to leadoff or 2nd, mark my words.

How could you possibly know? Are you tonya harding?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

I could possibly know because I do know Eaton is one of the most injury-prone guys in the MLB and is on the wrong side of 30. 

38 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Death, taxes, and an Eaton injury buddy

4 hours ago, ImHighandInside said:

Still sucks, Eaton is old. Seriously, come on now. 

Anybody who didn't see this coming needs to stop playing fantasy baseball.  It couldn't have been more clear for weeks if they put it on a massive lighted billboard that Eaton was hitting 1st or 2nd and Robles was going to around the bottom.

Oddly enough, him hitting 9th is probably the best case scenario right now since he will run as much as he wants.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Anybody who didn't see this coming needs to stop playing fantasy baseball.  It couldn't have been more clear for weeks if they put it on a massive lighted billboard that Eaton was hitting 1st or 2nd and Robles was going to around the bottom.

Oddly enough, him hitting 9th is probably the best case scenario right now since he will run as much as he wants.

Yeah, you don't want that much pressure on Robles this early. Let him climb the order as the season goes on. Might only take 3-4 weeks.

1 hour ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Yeah, you don't want that much pressure on Robles this early. Let him climb the order as the season goes on. Might only take 3-4 weeks.

The only way he climbs to where most people want him to is if Eaton gets hurt.

2 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

I agree with the SB’s possibly going up, so at least there’s that positive.  Also, if you happen to have Turner (as I do) that may balance the dip Turner May have in SB’s due to batting second.

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

Cool - sounds like a safe bet 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

disagree he was drafted in most leagues as top 100 player and im sure some after

he was drafted for power speed without taking a blow to your avg. whether or not his counting stats are good/great is just a bonus imo. 

Why is batting 6th such an impossibility? Why does it have to be 1st or 9th?  Zimmerman,dozier and gomes are the projected 6 7 8 hitters.  

If he plays well he won't be batting 9th for long. It's a drain on ABs early on but better off at 9 than 8. He will have plenty of running opportunities batting ahead of Eaton who sees a lot of pitches. Also theoretically should have more chances to steal with less chances of the pitcher being on bases ahead of him. Still very high on Robles. Just about any injury moves him into the top 6, and any Eaton or Turner injury moves him into the top 2 most likely. Just have to be patient for now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

disagree he was drafted in most leagues as top 100 player and im sure some after

he was drafted for power speed without taking a blow to your avg. whether or not his counting stats are good/great is just a bonus imo. 

I didn't mean his draft value/position or whatever you want to call it. I meant his spot in their lineup, which most people would love for him to bat 1st or 2nd since he's perfect for either.

31 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Why is batting 6th such an impossibility? Why does it have to be 1st or 9th?  Zimmerman,dozier and gomes are the projected 6 7 8 hitters.  

Didn't say it wasn't.  It's just that most people would love for him to bat at the top of the lineup, and that's not going to be possible unless/when Eaton gets hurt.  That's what I meant, and wasn't intending to stir anything up in here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I didn't mean his draft value/position or whatever you want to call it. I meant his spot in their lineup, which most people would love for him to bat 1st or 2nd since he's perfect for either.

Didn't say it wasn't.  It's just that most people would love for him to bat at the top of the lineup, and that's not going to be possible unless/when Eaton gets hurt.  That's what I meant, and wasn't intending to stir anything up in here.

Man...the internet really takes away all forms of tone and emotion.  I thought of killowertz as knowledgable about the situation and was asking (in my head) in a super friendly way. Alas.....we all just want whats best for our boy (robles.)

41 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Batting 9th

Totally expected, obviously.  But I feel very good about drafting his talent and seeing what happens with the lineup.  He'll still be stealing bases at a pretty good clip. 

Batting 9th isn’t a big deal, when the yanks first brought up Judge he was batting 8th. Give Robles time to shine and he’ll be hitting near the top of the order in no time