Sign in to follow this  
Hogman

Add Stafford for this week? WHIR

I'm 4-4 and really need to win this week to stay in the playoff race. Thinking of starting Stafford @ MInn over Big Ben @ Baltimore (which has disaster written all over it).

1) Should I add Stafford off Waivers and start him over Big Ben? He's just be a 1 week rental bc his ros schedule is brutal.

2) If so, should I just drop Ben and ride Wentz ROS? I like him better than Ben almost any given week because of his consistency. I could also drop D Parker, but I kind of like his upside and I hate to roster 3 qb this week.

Thanks and WHIR.

.5 ppr, we start 1 qb, 1 rb, 2 WR, 2 flex, and TE

My team:

QB: Wentz (Bye), Big Ben

RB: M Gordon, Mark Ingram, Collins, Fournette

WR: Davante Adams, Golladay, Alshon Jefferey (bye), Sutton, DJ Moore, Devante Parker

TE: Cook

DST: Bears

K: Tucker

I'd probably drop Ben for Stafford outright and, as you said, roll with Wentz ROS. Ben may have a  big game or two but Wentz is more consistent week to week.

However, I just looked at Ben's schedule and that week 14 matchup @ Oakland looks pretty juicy if you're in the playoffs. Might be something to consider.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, drisser said:

I'd probably drop Ben for Stafford outright and, as you said, roll with Wentz ROS. Ben may have a  big game or two but Wentz is more consistent week to week.

However, I just looked at Ben's schedule and that week 14 matchup @ Oakland looks pretty juicy if you're in the playoffs. Might be something to consider.

Agree with this, if Ben had a bad or average game, you can probably pick him back up next week

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Hogman said:

I'm 4-4 and really need to win this week to stay in the playoff race. Thinking of starting Stafford @ MInn over Big Ben @ Baltimore (which has disaster written all over it).

1) Should I add Stafford off Waivers and start him over Big Ben? He's just be a 1 week rental bc his ros schedule is brutal.

2) If so, should I just drop Ben and ride Wentz ROS? I like him better than Ben almost any given week because of his consistency. I could also drop D Parker, but I kind of like his upside and I hate to roster 3 qb this week.

Thanks and WHIR.

.5 ppr, we start 1 qb, 1 rb, 2 WR, 2 flex, and TE

My team:

QB: Wentz (Bye), Big Ben

RB: M Gordon, Mark Ingram, Collins, Fournette

WR: Davante Adams, Golladay, Alshon Jefferey (bye), Sutton, DJ Moore, Devante Parker

TE: Cook

DST: Bears

K: Tucker

I would go Stafford over Ben for this week

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

Kid that I'm playing just dropped Stafford for Derek Carr last night hahahah. So odds are Stafford goes off.

• Haha 1

Thanks everyone. I dropped Ben for Stafford. May pick him back up next week if he's still there, but if not, no biggie.

17 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Ben has been pretty consistent this year. Not sure I'd have dropped him for Stafford.

Too late! But I hear you. I just think Stafford gives me the best chance to win this week, and I can't afford to lose again. (Ben on the road with a broken finger against the best pass defense in the league in what might be a low scoring game. I'm hoping Stafford has to chunk it to keep up, and I've got a Stafford-Golladay stack.)