Flyman75

Adalberto Mondesi 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Can we all agree that he's a beast and call this a day? I mean you don't walk up to a beast and say, "hey beast, why are you a beast", do you? Nope, you just respect the beast and keep it moving!

Exactly. I don't understand why this guy quoted something I said 3 weeks ago just to try to be a contrarian. Mondesi contributes across the board. Period. Funny thing is I bet this guy thinks Trea Turner contributes across the board (full disclosure, Turner DOES contribute across the board too) but both he and Mondesi have averaged a hr every 30-32 AB throughout their career...It would be contradicting to say Turner does and Mondesi doesn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

In his last 146 games, he has 20 HR. I didn’t say he dominated the category. He contributes in the category. Just stop.

He was last year. Hasn't been this year.

ZigZag may still find him to be a batting average risk, that was probably his angle though. He's a stud, so whatever.

• Like 3

On 6/27/2019 at 7:16 PM, ThreadKiller said:

What categories does he not contribute in then, “Mr. quote someone from 3 weeks ago in order to create conflict.”?

He contributes in SB, Runs, RBI, AVG. On pace for 15 homers (prior to going on IL). That’s called “contributing across the board” in the typical stat categories that most people use as part of their league settings. No one said he lead the league across the board. In other words, you’re wrong. What else?

But, to answer your question I would say yes Mondesi is a AVG risk and certainly an OBP risk in leagues that count that category.  He's shown the ability to maintain his AVG this year so that is not really as much of a problem right now but he is absolutely still a risk at OBP. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

But, to answer your question I would say yes Mondesi is a AVG risk and certainly an OBP risk in leagues that count that category.  He's shown the ability to maintain his AVG this year so that is not really as much of a problem right now but he is absolutely still a risk at OBP.

One that any OBP league owner (like me) is more than happy to handle.  If you can't handle at least one top, elite player with a possible OBP problem you haven't built your team composition as a whole right.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

I said he contributes across the board. 

He contributes across the board in majority of categories in majority of leagues due to the most common settings.

My point was that he more often than not contributes to some category on a nightly basis (especially the most common scoring formats) and 99 out of 100 (we know who the 1 is) would agree.

I really didn't think that my endorsement of Mondesi would ruffle anyone's feathers lol.

Edited by ThreadKiller

Just now, ThreadKiller said:

You didn't. I laughed. Sorry if I hurt your feelings by correcting you.

I said he contributes across the board. You're trying to be a contrarian because you think he might be a risk at OBP? A category that the masses don't use? L.O.L. ok man.

He contributes across the board in majority of categories in majority of leagues due to the most common settings. Fixed it just for you, pumpkin.

No I was not, I was simply trying to state he is still a risk at AVG and OBP.  Maybe he really can maintain a .260+ AVG but I wouldn't necessarily say it's a given.  He could still go in a slump and end up with a .230 - .240 AVG just as easily as he could maintain a .260+ AVG.   To say that isn't a possibility is just being a blind fan IMO.

• Haha 1

[OK, now we're at the point where you guys need to take it to PM and stop derailing the thread.]

I need this STUD back. Missing the speed. DGAF about him not being a high power bat. Power is plentiful, speed is not.

• Like 1

Looks like he is 2 for 8 in his rehab games (Saturday & Sunday). Honestly, if I were KC, I'd think about waiting until after the ASB to activate him. I know we all want him back, but why not use the ASB for extra rest? I suppose it doesn't matter as much now since he's already on his rehab stint...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Looks like he is 2 for 8 in his rehab games (Saturday & Sunday). Honestly, if I were KC, I'd think about waiting until after the ASB to activate him. I know we all want him back, but why not use the ASB for extra rest? I suppose it doesn't matter as much now since he's already on his rehab stint...

I saw somewhere he stole a base as well.. If so, I like his chances to return soon. Groin should be fine. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

I saw somewhere he stole a base as well.. If so, I like his chances to return soon. Groin should be fine. 

I didn't see that, but if true you're absolutely right. It'll squash any concerns of mine.

Looking forward to getting him back in my lineup!

Is he being activated today? Does anybody have anything on him?

This is the only hint of anything I could find. Also on MILB he’s listed as part of the Kansas City Royals and not NW Arkansas (or any other team in the minors). He also didn’t play for NW Arkansas last night. 

48 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Is he being activated today? Does anybody have anything on him?

This is the only hint of anything I could find. Also on MILB he’s listed as part of the Kansas City Royals and not NW Arkansas (or any other team in the minors). He also didn’t play for NW Arkansas last night. 

It's looking like it, welcome back Mondy. 

I actually do not believe it looked too bad.  He did not really land directly on the shoulder.  

11 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Probable dislocated left shoulder.

If that's the case he's likely done for the year.  Dislocated shoulders are tricky if not allowed to heal properly and strengthened sufficiently afterward.  

Hopefully the Royals do the right thing.

He only needs 1 arm to steal me another 20 bags!