Flyman75

Adalberto Mondesi 2019 Outlook

Imo..not worried about steals attempts..more worried on a missing swing  and aggravating the shoulder Injury and in a weekly lock league and with playoffs a week away...just cant do it...with possible rest in between games...

On 8/12/2019 at 10:42 AM, Fiveohnine said:

At this point, he's a pretty safe drop in redraft roto imo. H2H you may want to hold out hope a little longer.

On 8/12/2019 at 3:43 PM, Fiveohnine said:

You mean there’s no reason for your post. Two posts ahead of mine a guy mentioned “stashing” him in roto. My response is that there are probably better stashed in roto, IL or not. 

Boy, I hope nobody took this advice.

• Like 2

Swiped as many bags in his first game off the DL as Yelich did in the entire month of August.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Boy, I hope nobody took this advice.

Maybe. But it’s kinda dumb to assume he’ll beat 2+ months of streaming SBs this long before it even comes close to happening. 

5 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Maybe. But it’s kinda dumb to assume he’ll beat 2+ months of streaming SBs this long before it even comes close to happening. 

Pretty dumb to advise cutting him on any team that has DL slots and imply that literally any other factor was relevant, as I told you, repeatedly. 

Nah. Just your assumption is dumb. It’s still pretty unclear whether 2+ months of streaming will result in more, less, or about the same amount of steals.

Your point about IL is kinda silly. Obviously you’re not going to drop someone and leave an IL slot empty. But guys like Scherzer, Cruz, and others who were out a shorter time and are more valuable we’re also injured during that stretch. 

Edited by Fiveohnine

On 8/3/2019 at 2:57 PM, Lebanasty said:

I'm not a doctor and don't have any real knowledge of his injury past what I've read.  I've lost the top spot in SBs in a roto league since he's been out so I'd love to see him back.

However, I can't comprehend why KC would feel it necessary to bring him back at all this year.  Have him take his time with it, there is literally nothing to play for.  Shoulder injuries are tricky and have a propensity for re-injury more so than most other types of injuries.  It's difficult to imagine a subluxation being fully healed with such a short rehab period.  

I understand it's his glove side shoulder, but at SS there's a lot of quick twitch and diving plays he'll need to make.  He's also a switch hitter... it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  Hope I'm proven wrong and I'll continue to stash him in case he's back this season, but I have little expectation that he will be.

Sigh... predictable.

Good lord.  Have a feeling this guy is going to have injuries throughout his career.  Too bad.  He is a nice player.

Pass on him next season.

On 9/23/2019 at 7:16 AM, Lebanasty said:

Sigh... predictable.

Really nailed that torn shoulder call, Nostradamus!

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1